Just a little bit more

Encounters

 

The sky wasn’t getting lighter yet when Jaehwan opened his eyes to a rustle of sheets next to him. Wonshik was still there, back turned to him as he sat up on the edge of the bed, ready to leave him in his bundle of blankets while he was going to the bathroom; Jaehwan brushed his fingers on the warm skin and the other stiffened, before easing under his palm as he was him in circle motion. He turned to him.

“Morning,” Jaehwan slurred, pouty lips sticking out as if waiting for a kiss, but he knew that was beyond boundaries, and honestly wasn’t expecting anything different from the cheek pinching Wonshik reserved him as a greeting.

“Did I wake you up?”

The male’s low voice into the sheer darkness of the room made a shiver come across Jaehwan’s spine as fingers his bangs away from his eyes.

“Yes, but it’s okay, I don’t like to wake up alone anyway.”

“You should sleep some more though,” Wonshik smoothed the bird’s nest that had formed on his head during the night, and Jaehwan could decipher the smile in his voice, “We’ll see each other soon enough. I’ll text you.”

There wasn’t even the need to precise it, for Wonshik always texted him, even if it was to spurt nonsense, but it reassured him anyway.

“But I’m awake now!” He beamed, scooting closer. “We can still spend some time together before you go.”

“I see where you’re going with that,” Wonshik laughed, “And i’m not letting myself fooled! Don’t make me arrive late again, Jaehwan.”

The use of the word ‘again’ made him blush in the dark and he whined in protest.

“Just stay a bit with me then,” he took Wonshik’s hand in his own and tugged lightly as if to make him fall in bed with him. “We can cuddle.”

That was also beyond boundaries but Jaehwan was just pushing his luck. Of course they had been cuddling before, but it had always ultimately led to something else then, and Jaehwan didn’t know if it was alright for him to even ask without an ulterior motive.

Much to his surprise, though, Wonshik didn’t resist and fell directly onto him, his strong arms automatically wrapping around his waist, head nuzzling in the crook of his neck. He could swear he even heard a groan.

“Don’t insist, Jaehwan,” he growled, although already pulling back the blankets on him, “I don’t have much time, you can’t make me arrive late…”

His lips moving against his skin made Jaehwan laugh, incredulous.

“Oh, come on! I didn’t even said it twice!”

“You always make me stay indoors although I have lectures… I’m lucky Hongbin is kind enough to lend me his notes. You’re really too much.” Wonshik continued to act, backing up just slightly to rub their noses together as Jaehwan rolled his eyes.

“Nevermind, forget everything that I said,” he smacked his chest lightly to push him away, “Just go!”

But Wonshik was stronger and wouldn’t stop complaining as he was cuddling him, and eventually Jaehwan gave up. It was their first real cuddle and it was way too comfortable for him to squirm more and break the contact.

“You’re gross,” he still said, enjoying the feeling of Wonshik humming against his shoulderblade.

“And you’re needy, but I guess not everyone can have what they want.”

Jaehwan kissed him so that he would shut up for once and for all. He let himself sink into the softness of the other’s lips and the faint scent of his moisturizer still present on him, sighing as Wonshik parted his mouth to let his tongue run on his lips. His arms went up to wrap around Wonshik’s neck, craning his to give him a better access, and soon warm, calloused hands went down his waist to rest very peacefully on his hips, the expense of skin in circles.

Cuddling wasn’t bad, Jaehwan thought, as long as it involved as much making out as right now, and as many butterflies kisses from Wonshik, and this caught him wondering why they had never done it before. But again, he had to remind himself, that was beyond boundaries, and they weren’t together, merely intimate. Pretending wasn’t doing any harm though, and the night wasn’t over yet; the sky was barely getting lighter when he looked out of the window, shades of blue cutting out Wonshik’s silhouette with light, meaning he would stay.

 

Closing his eyes, Jaehwan wished for the sun to never rise, so that Wonshik would stay more, just a little bit more.