Untitled

Encounters

 

Wonshik opens an eye and the warmth of the sun is still hitting him, although less intensely than before. There is still the rustling of the waves breaking on the shore and he smiles, remembering where he is. His gaze lands on the chesnut strands tickling his skin, the fingers curled up against his chest, the body snuggled close to his. He lets his own fingers run through the soft hair, massaging the scalp, and the head shifts, and Wonshik hears a groan underneath.

“Wonshik,” Jaehwan slurs, pouty lips appearing in sight, “I think I got sunburned…”

Wonshik chuckles. “Didn’t you put on sunscreen?”

“It’s sticky, and I don’t like what’s sticky. It gets between my fingers and they feel greasy. I wanted you to apply sunscreen on me, but you were asleep.”

“Oh, baby,” Wonshik doesn’t stop Jaehwan’s hair, even after the older raised his head, “You know that you shouldn’t expose yourself to sunlight without putting on sunscreen. You don’t want to turn into a lobster, do you?”

Jaehwan hums, nodding - rubbing his cheek on Wonshik’s chest. “I wanted to do it but I dozed off before… It’s kind of your fault for being so comfortable.”

He feels the vibration of Wonshik’s laugh on his lips that goes to lie on his Adam apple.

“Sorry,” Wonshik says and pecks the crown of his head, “Let’s get you home and apply some cream to heal this.”

Jaehwan reluctantly gets up from his comfortable spot on Wonshik’s chest, rubbing his sleepy eyes, and they pack their things before walking down to their rented flat near the beach. They hands bump a few time against each other before actually getting a hold on the other, fingers automatically intertwining.

They come back to the flat. Sanghyuk is stuffing watermelon in his mouth quickly, as if doing a race with Sungjae, and he turns his smiley face to them as they enter, juicy lips stretching into a grin when he land eyes on Wonshik. Sungjae himself stops eating and start smiling, Sanghyuk chuckling through his mouthful of fruit beside him.

“What,” Wonshik raises and eyebrow, leading Jaehwan to the bathroom where they put the after-sun cream, “Is there something on me?”

But Sanghyuk just nods, watermelon still in mouth, and Sungjae is too busy laughing with him, so Wonshik simply shrugs and resumes his walking.

He gets into the bathroom, Jaehwan right behind him, and that’s when he sees it, in the mirror. A smile spreads on his features despite the embarrassement.

There, on the top right corner of his chest, Jaehwan’s imprint is visible, white patch of skin against the tan.

“Why are you laughing?” Jaehwan asks, hearing him chuckling, and when he steps further into the room he finally sees it and grins. “Oh,” he scratches the back of his head, “That’s convenient.”

“What?”

“Like that,” Jaehwan layers his head on the imprint, tickling Wonshik once again with his hair, “I know exactly where is the best spot!”

Wonshik laughs and pats his head. “You just got to make sure to always lay down on me so that no one sees it.”

Jaehwan is way too happy to oblige.