Four

Serendipity

: Four :

Three years ago

She was lying asleep on the couch with her hair covering her face. The faint aroma of kimchi stew lingers the air and a gentle swipe on her cheeks.

"Mmmm," Chorong moans as she opens her eyes.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you. You're hair was covering your beautiful face." He moves her hair behind her ear as he leans in giving her a light kiss on the lips.

"When did you come home, I didn't hear you?

"Just...about an hour ago." Woohyun smiles beaming as he kneels in front of her, caressing her face.

Chorong face lit up as she sat up. "My kimchi stew!"

Woohyun chuckles as he held her hand. "It's fine. I checked on it every few minutes."

Chorong let out a heavy sigh as she stares into Woohyun's dazzling brown eyes. "I wanted to surprise you with it. It has been two years since we dated and over 6 months since we moved in together."

"Should I go back and come back in?" Woohyun hesitates as he stands himself up.

"No!" Chorong clears as she holds onto is hand. "I mean you're already here. I rather you be here than going back out."

"Me too," Woohyun answers with a kiss on the lips. "Besides I think the kimchi stew is ready, I'm getting hungry."

Woohyun escorts Chorong into the kitchen as he sits her down on the dining chair and goes get the pot of kimchi stew from the stove. They ate the kimchi stew accompany with glasses of pinot wine. It wasn't the most romantic dinner, but just being together was good enough.

"Hold on." Woohyun stood from the table as he leaves the room. Chorong sat there confuse sipping on her wine.

 

Woohyun walks over to Chorong as she stares at him confused but still with a smile on her face.

"What is it?" She tries to maintain from laughing out loud. "Woohyun?"

Woohyun let out a deep breath as he kneels on one leg. His heart beating rapidly as he pulls out a tiny baby blue box - from Tiffany's, from his pant pocket. Chorong's eyes lit up, her breathing came out wrangle as she covers with her hands. Woohyun stares at her for a while, then he opens the box and inside a princess cut diamond ring glistening.

"Marry me Park Chorong," Woohyun said.

Tears were form in Chorong eyes, not sad tears but tears of joy as a smile formed on her face. "Yes! Of course!"

Woohyun slides the ring onto her ring finger as he pick her up, hugging her tightly. "I love you," he said as he plants a kiss on her.

"I love you," Chorong respond, wrapping her arms around him in an embrace.

 

 

A Year Later

"Yes mom, we set the wedding date already. It's going to be the summer time, in June. No it won't be hot, we'll be indoors. Of course my sister is going be brides maid, how can I not." Chorong leans to the side as she switches the phone to other hand.

"It's going to be bright lemon yellow and pastel baby blue. Yes I want baby's breath in my bouquet." Chorong felt her stomach flutter from the thought of her wedding. A year had pass since Woohyun propose and a  year of preparing for their big day.

The front door swings open as Woohyun steps inside, dress casually as he paces into the kitchen.

"Woohyun is back, I have to tell him about the wedding preparation. Love you mom." Chorong hangs up as she stride happily into the kitchen where Woohyun was drinking himself a glass of water. "I just got off the phone with my mom. I have to tell you about the wedding prepartaion." Woohyun just nod as he walks beside her and into the living room.

"Woohyun," Chorong said a little bit softly as she follows from behind. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Woohyun sat himself down on the recliner. "Tell me about the wedding."

Chorong sat down beside him on the two-seated love couch. Her cheekbones raised from smiling a little too much and her eyes sparkling the diamonds on her ring.

"We found a venue, and how what do you think about a bright lemon yellow and pastel baby blue color?"

"Sounds nice." Woohyun shrugs as he fiddle through his papers.

"Okay, well, next weekend were are going dress shopping. I was thinking of bringing my sister and brother, my mom, your mom, and a few friends."

Woohyun was obiviously not paying attention much, as he keeps fiddling with the stack of papers on the coffee table.

"Woohyun did you even hear anything I said?"

"Uh huh," Woohyun respond with a nod.

"What's wrong?"

Woohyun sat up, his back straight. He takes Chorong's hand into his as he looks at her. "I was offer to study in France."

"That's great," Chorong's voice came out a little too high pitch with excitement. "What are you waiting for?'

"Chorong," Woohyun said he got up from the recliner and walks around the room.

"Yes." She felt her stomach in pain for no reason but still force herself to smile.

Woohyun walks up to Chorong as he sits next to her. "If I take this opportunity, our wedding might be post poned 'till I don't know, whenever I finish."

"We could wait, we just have to tell our families. They will understand."

Woohyun shook his head. "I don't know how long this study will last. I don't want you to wait forever on me, and I will be France. Who knows what might happen between us."

Chorong held onto her stomach from the sudden pain, her heart feeling like stone, and her tears forming her eyes. This time though not tears of joy but tears that will make sniffle all day.

"What does this mean?" She didn't want to accept the truth. The truth of what Woohyun was going to say next. She loves him and he loves her, pretty much.

"I can't. Not now. Chorong I am really sorry. This opportunity is telling me to go for it, and I leave next weekend for France."

"But I could just wait for you until you're finish."

"Chorong." Woohyun sounded annoyed by now. "This will take a lot of time. Who knows what will happen between us, I may even loose sight of you."

"Are you really leaving for France? Or is this an excuse to call off our wedding?"

Woohyun's eyes popped as he gulps lightly. Chorong knew that for the past couple of months, their relationship was dying. Woohyun hardly came home on time, he always came home late and every time they talked about the wedding Woohyun wouldn't even pay any attention. When did their love stop was one thing that Chorong wonder every day.

"A little bit of both."

Chorong sneer at the his answer as she slid the ring out of her ringer finger - the beautiful princess cut diamond. "I'm going to stay with Naeun. I will get all my stuffs before you leave."

She slowly headed for the door, hopefully wanting Woohyun to stop her in her tracks and take her back. To rethink what he was doing, that all of this was a stupid joke or something. He however didn't, he never said anything afterwards and Chorong left for Naeun's place.

 

 

 

   _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

author's note: sorry I took forever on this chapter. (and this chapter is a flashback chapter). Honestly I had a bit of writer's block and my imagination/creative fuel was low. I can't write or type when I don't have imagination or creativity flowing in my mind.

Well anyways enjoy reading!