Three

Serendipity

 

: Three :

: Day 1 (close to midnight) | Day 2 (morning) :

 

Junmyeon's head was banging like a construction sight and there was an ominous light shiny somewhere that made him squint his eyes. The banging and the light were too much, and he was starting to feel cold. He huddle himself as turns over to the other side which was somewhat better since the ominous light wasn't that bright anymore even though his head was still banging.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That night when Junmyeon was in the Hotel's bar drinking his who knows what glass number he is on now. He ramble on to the bartender about business and every time the bartender tries to speak he shushes the poor man. The bartender had enough of this drunk crazy man, he needed to be taken care of.

"Excuse me sir, what hotel room are you in?" The bartender leans in as Junmyeon looks up lazily.

"What am I! I'm the CEO of Guardian Corporation! Kim Junmyeon! You got a problem with that?" After that sentence Junmyeon plop his head onto the bar as he lays there motionless.

The bartender dials the concierge as he asks for Junmyeon's room number.

 

The phone rings in the other room faintly as Chorong tosses in her sleep. The faint ring stops until it begins ringing again. She gets up from bed half asleep and happens to bump her toe on the side of the bed.

"Hello," Chorong says with a yawn.

"Mrs. Kim?"

That surely woke her up. Mrs. Kim.

"Um..." Chorong was stuck, she didn't know whether she should answer as Mrs. Kim but this phone call seems urgent since it was after all midnight.

"Will you please come get Mr. Kim here at the Hotel bar. He is becoming a nuisance." The bartender hangs up before Chorong could explain herself. Since she didn't have any choice, and for the peace of the hotel she better get Junmyeon back into the room soon.

Chorong grabs a light sweater from her suitcase as she goes to get this menace. She saw him from afar slumped next to the bar with his head tilt down. He was drunk, beyond drunk. Chorong walks behind him as she lays her hand ontop of him. He didn't move an inch.

"Junmyeon let's go." She tries to grab a hold of him, but his weight and drunkness adds another pound that made Junmyeon seem like a unmoveable rock.

"Mmmm" was the only thing that came out of his mouth. For such a rich and powerful man he is, he sure is a terrible dunk as Chorong tries to lift him up again.

Junmyeon leans his head back as he tries to open his eyes. It's open, but barely.

"You're really pretty," he murmurs while leaning his head on her.

Chorong shook her head as she tries to stand Junmyeon up. "Come on. Why are you so heavy." With a little bit of force Chorong lifts up Junmyeon who barely can even stand straight. From the bar to the elevator it felt like two whole hours, but in fact it took only fifteen minutes. With Junmyeon's weight mostly leaning on Chorong and his feet dragging the floor, Chorong did the heavy lifting.

In the hotel room Junmyeon's hand were waving in the air as he stoke Chorong's hair. With each she felt her skin tightening up, her heartbeat beating. Chorong drops Junmyeon on the bed as she takes his shoes off. She shook her head again, but this time with a heavy sigh, leaving him alone on the bed as she goes to the other room.

   _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

She wasn't even drinking last night and yet Chorong felt her head all sort of dizziness. She got out of bed with and went into the main room, Junmyeon was still sleeping with his arms spread wide and for some reason he wasn't wearing any pants. Where did his pants go? He musn't have tooken it off that morning when Chorong was sleeping in the other room.

Chorong picks up the phone as she dials for Hotel service. "Hi, may I request some advil for Suite 88B and some water and orange juice. Thank you."

It didn't take long for the service maid to bring in the advil and the water and orange juice. She set it down on the counter and left immediately while Chorong was still in the shower and a half dressed Junmyeon sleeping.

He felt his neck tighten up and his head banging, like someone was hitting his head with a hammer. And his legs felt cold. Junmyeon got up right after as he sat up on the bed staring at the room.

"Oh my head." He smooths his temple as he leans againist the head board. "What happen?"

"Oh, goodmorning." Chorong smiles wryly at Junmyeon as he looks up. Her hair was still wet from the shower as she still have her towel around her neck.

Junmyeon clears his throat. "Goodmorning," he said trying to sound normal.

Chorong smacks her lips as she scratches her chin. "Where are your pants," she said with a giggle.

Junmyeon quickly covers himself as his face flushes a bright red. "I apologize for this."

"There's advil and orange juice on the night stand, you better take it to stop the headache," Chorong mentions as she goes into her room and comes back out quickly with a sun hat and sunglasses on.

"Thank you."

Chorong nods to him as she leaves out the door. She heads into the elevator still with a smile on her face, a smile she doesn't know why she's doing it for.

The elevator door dings open as she steps out into the lobby. Couples on their honeymoons were walking around the lobby arms around one another smiling at each other as a solo Chorong stares on.

"Chorong," said a voice coming from in front of her. A familiar voice she heard before, a voice so elegant and humble that she froze for a moment.

"Oh crap," Chorong thought as she spots the elderly couple. Elderly people goes to sleep early and wakes up early, how could she have forgotten that. "I should've waited another hour before coming out." She smiles happily to the couple as she waves her arm and walks over to them. "Goodmorning Mr. and Mrs. Shim." She greeted them with a bow.

"Goodmorning," said the lady.

"Where is Junmyeon this morning," said the man dressed in a more casual wear.

Of course he asks where Junmyeon is, I'm "engaged" to him. "He's not feeling well this morning. He has a...sudden headache." A headache from drinking too much last night.

"Well, hope he feels better soon. Are you planning on going out?"

"Yes..." Chorong stares at the old man which reminds her of her grandfather. They could as well be her grandparents.

"You could join us sweet heart, just think of us as your grandparents." Mrs. Shim's smile was intoxicating and her elegant way of speaking was also quite persuasive.

"Thank you very much."

 

 

Junmyeon's head wasn't banging as much anymore since after he took that advil. Whatever happened last night he couldn't remember, so he occupies with something else. Work. Junmyeon head into the shower after a few work related matter - a nice cold shower on a hot summer day. He stood in the shower facing the shower head as the cold water splashes his face.  His eyes shut tight as images of Chorong flashes through.

After his shower, he dresses himself in his usual wear of button up shirts and pants. He heads out into the lobby when Kyungsoo calls him.

"Hey," he answers after stepping out of the elevator and into the hotel lobby.

"Hey hyung. I finish getting rid of the mess and the car is at the junk yard. Namjoo is also doing fine."

Now his memories were coming back to him, what happened before his little drink last night. Namjoo. The one person who can only make Junmyeon drink 'till he is completely drunk.

"Alright thanks for that. Also keep an eye out for Namjoo while I'm away."

"Yes," Kyungsoo replies.

"Good work."

"Oh, hyung, there were calls made for you today."

Junmyeon clears his throat as stretches his neck. "Important calls?"

"A few. First of all, Jinhee from financial wanted to ask you about the sale profits from last month. Then you got two calls from America for a deal from the CFO of Neal Industries; Mr. Reyes. And Mr. Reagan from the shipment company Hoarder Inc."

"Alright then, I will be back in a few weeks so set up dates for me to visit Mr. Reyes and Mr. Reagan. As for Jinhee, fax me over the sale reports."

"Yes hyung."

Junmyeon strolls outside of the hotel entrance as he walks himself over to the parking lot. He gets into his rental car and drives off towards the beach. Since he is after all away from the work office even though he still is working, he could use some time to relax a bit. Driving down the road with the windows rolled down and the wind blowing his hair, thankfully he is wearing sunglasses so no wind in his eyes. After arriving at the beach, he gets out of the car and heads towards the ocean. The last time Junmyeon been to the beach was when he was younger, with his entire family. Now he barely has time, with work and everything.

"Junmyeon?"

He turns around seeing Mr. and Mrs. Shim behind him. Mr. Shim happens to be carrying an umbrella with Mrs. Shim beside him.

"Mr. Shim nice to see you."

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine." He thought thinking why he wouldn't feel fine.

"That's good to hear, it seem like Chorong was worry for you. She is a wonderful person."

Chorong seemed worry for him. That is impossible. "I sure am lucky to have found her."

"The hotel president of the Jubilee and I go way back and tonight he has a special chef coming in tonight. Would you and Chorong accompany my wife and I for tonight. She loves to get to know you two better. And for us men to talk about business."

This was it. His plan is coming into full motion,the deal is getting closer into grasp now.

"Of course we will join." Junmyeon shook the elderly man's hand as he bows to him.

"Wonderful." Mr. Shim nods to Junmyeon and he and his wife heads off. Junmyeon watches them leave the beach as he jumps in enjoyment.

There was nothing left to do, but talk about the proposal and sign the deal. Junmyeon remained on the beach as he walks along the shore line, further he went when he spots Chorong. Since before she left their hotel room, he remembered her sun hat. It was a straw sun hat with a white ribbon lace around the hem. Chorong's hair was let down and the wind blew her hair gently. She wore a white blouse and plain jean shorts.

He stood a couple of yards away as he watches her play in the sand. It looked like she was writing in the sand, but he didn't want to disturb her so he just watch from afar. A smile crept on his face while he was still watching Chorong, his breathing tightens up as he felt a sudden painful jab in his stomach.

Before he could turn around and head back to his car, Chorong already spotted him as she walks over to him while holding onto her sun hat so it won't fly away.

"How's your headache?"

"Much better, thank you. And sorry about this morning." His half dress incident. Well at least it wasn't half , that would be even more awkward. "It won't happen again. I mean by the too much drinking."

"Don't worry about it. You seem stessed last night." Chorong shrugs. "You could use a little more fun in your time." She grabs onto Junmyeon's hand as she drags him towards the ocean and pushes him into the water. "Let loose a little!"

His pants were weat now and his shirt; barely wet but it was damp. He watches Chorong as he steps closer to her. If he was wet she should be as well, he grabs her arms and pulls her ino the water. Her body flails as she stumbles onto him, their bodies touching and their faces inches apart. Chorong immediately pushes Junmyeon as he looses his balance and falls into the water, completely drench. Her laugh comes out loud as she stands there watching him sitting in the water.

"You think this is funny?"

Chorong tries to stop laughing but she couldn't. Junmyeon grabs her wrist and pulls her into the water as well.

"Now we're both hilarious." Junmyeon cracks a smile.

They played in the ocean until the sun was starting to set, when the sky became a orange pink-ish tint. The moon was already in the sky, dimly in the sky. It was a beautiful sun set to a beautiful day.

"We should head back to the hotel. Mr. Shim invited us to join them for a dinner tonight, honoring a special chef the hotel is hosting for this week." Junmyeon stands up as he holds out his hand for Chorong.

She takes his hand as she gets up. Dusting off the sand from her legs and clothes. They head towards Junmyeon's rental car, since Chorong rode with Mr. and Mrs. Shim that morning.

 

The night just started when Chorong came down from the elevator with Junmyeon beside her. He was dressed in the finest suit he had and Chorong surprisingly wore a beautiful gown of gold and black that Junmyeon had order when they were driving back from the beach.

"You look nice," he murmurs to her.

Her cheeks flushed a bright red, "Thank you. So do you."

They enter the Mairgold Hall and heads toward Mr. and Mrs. Shim whom happens to be the only ones there along with the president of the hotel.

"Junmyeon and Chorong you two look lovely tonight," said Mrs. Shim dressed in a prim and proper dress. A very conservative gown of navy blue color.

Junmyeon being the gentleman  he is opens the seat next to him for Chorong as she sits herself down and he beside her.

"Tonight I wanted to treat my finest guest, Shim Haejin and his wife and his two friends to a meal by a true chef. He just arrived today and I believe he will be here for a some time," said the president of the hotel. He rang the bell that was place next to him and soon servants came out with silver platter on their hands heading towards the table. "Enjoy."

The food was amazingly wonderful. It was traditional and modern.

"Your chef, I would love to compliment him on his meal tonight. You wouldn't mine if I speak to him would you," Mr. Shim had ask as he the president nod in contempt.

"I too would like to give my compliments to the chef," Junmyeon says as he wipes his lip with the napkin.

"I will tell the chef to come out here." He rang the bell as a servant came over to him as quickly and whispers into his ear. The servant nod and goes back into the main hall.

"It was a lovely dinner, I never had something so modern and traditional like this before." Mrs. Shim's eyes were glue to Chorong as she smiles back to her.

"It is really lovely, the taste, the way it was set up, and even the plates." Chorong look around at her plate as she focus on the meal.

"Our main chef for tonight, Haejin," said the president of the hotel.

"It really is a beautiful meal young man. Delicious. What is your name by the way."

"Nam Woohyun," said the chef as he bows to Mr. Shim.

"Well, Woohyun. You are  a bright young chef in today's world."

Chorong choke back on her meal as she heard his name. Nam Woohyun! Holy cow. Perhaps it is a different person of the name. She let her head remain tilted.

"Thank sir. I just came back from France."

Chorong's meal almost came flying out . France? Nam Woohyun? Yeah this was definitely the Nam Woohyun. Chorong's ex-fiancé who broke off their engagement prior to his leaving for France. Well it wasn't just Woohyun who broke off the engagement, Chorong sort of had the idea to it as well. But she never knew he be back, it's been like two years since their engagement broke off.

"Are you okay," Junmyeon says as he offers her a glass of water.

"I'm fine, really," Chorong says with her head still tilted down while drinking her water.

Woohyun her ex-fiancé in her presence and Junmyeon, well she doesn't really know what he is but just a guy who allowed her stay in the vaccant room of his suite. Chorong was thinking of a way to get out of there and without Woohyun seeing her as well, cause that would be the worse case scenario.

 

      

            ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Happy reading 'yall!

Also surprise! it just went from surong to woosurong. hehehehe ;)  [this story is still a surong fan fic; I just wanted to add woohyun to the mix]

As well, this chapter has NO language! Hooray!