Six

Serendipity

: Six :

: Day 3 (afternoon) : 

 

Their lunch had ended some time ago, they were both in Junmyeon's rental car driving on the freeway. Both windows down and the wind gushing inside the car, blowing Chorong's hair all over the place - mostly in front of her. Where was Junmyeon taking her, not really sure, but he turns toward an exit and later they were no longer on the freeway.

Chorong smooth out her hair away from her face. "Where are you going?"

Junmyeon didn't answer and the wind was gushing in the car so it was hard to hear Chorong speak.

"Where are we going," Chorong said a little louder.

He turn his head slightly to see her. "You will see," he said with a tease.

The drive took a while and Junmyeon hadn't spoken since. Chorong stares out the window with the wind blowing in her face, she didn't care about her hair getting all up in her face anymore. The silence was definitely inevitable, and Junmyeon was driving he didn't talk much when he drove. At a red light he turns on the radio to diffuse the silence between him and Chorong that was happening at the moment. Luckily the song playing was an upbeat, romantic rhyming song even if it was an english song. They found the song soothing and nice. Once the of the song "when you make my heart feel like its summer, when the rain is pouring down, you make my whole world feel so right when it's wrong" came on, Chorong looked over her left shoulder. Junmyeon with his black hair, fair white skin, his button down shirt, his lip pink color, and his pale fingers on the steering wheel. She felt a sudden rise in her body tempurature and it surely isn't because of the summer heat because she wasn't sweating. She held her hands together in her lap, her lips press together, and still looking over at Junmyeon. The song was coming to an end and a repeat of the came back on, the lyrics were getting to her and Chorong didn't know why it felt such an impact. They part of the lyric that stuck on to her was the "you make my whole world feel so right when it's wrong".

"What is happening" is what Chorong is thinking. It is all in her head, how could any of this make sense to the situation she is in right now. There is a sense of comfort she feels now whenever she is with Junmyeon, a sense of comfort that she herself cannot explain or reason with.

Rows of buildings were coming visible, they weren't high rise or anything just simple one to three story buildings. Junmyeon drove into a parking lot of a boutique. He got out first as he walks over to Chorong side opening the door for her.

"How many days are in a week?" Junmyeon held his hand out for her as she places her hand ontop.

"Seven," Chorong responds.

"Seven days in a week and today is day three. That means four days left until the week is over."

Something felt fishy with what Junmyeon said, especially that they're in a parking lot of a boutique.

"What are we doing here?"

Chorong follows Junmyeon through the store's glass entrance. The interior was simple, plain white with clothings hung and folded all aroud the place. There was a  huge gold chandelier hanging in the center. A woman who looks like she was in her mid-twenties came over with a smile on her face.

"Welcome, my name is Sara, my I help with anything?"

"Yes, my..." Junmyeon went blank for a moment. Around Mr and Mrs. Shim, Chorong was always his fianceè but they weren't around so what would she be called now. "Uhm...my friend here would like to see your finest dresses." Junmyeon looks over at Chorong. She was glaring at him.

Friend that as a good word choice wasn't it?

"Right this way miss," Sara said as she escorts Chorong to the nearest rack.

Junmyeon watched from afar sitting in one of the comforter chair place in the store. His eyse stayed on Chorong at all cost, the dresses she picked out along with the ones that Sara had picked. All ranging in different colors, length, and fabric.

Chorong went into the dressing room with a few dresses in her hand.

"Oh I can't wear this," she said not too loud for anyone in the store to hear. Dresses to dresses, she tried on many different ones. "I could go with this one." Chorong stared at herself in the dressing room mirror. A navy blue dress, tight at the waist and loose at the bottom kind of like a ball gown but not too fluffy with tulle fabrics and flower embroideries. It was strapless but she didn't mind.

She came out of the dressing room to show Junmyeon the dress as she was wearing, to get another person's opinion. Chorong stood there with her hands on her hips.

"So," she said a little too happily with a smile.

Junmyeon blinks at her sight, his face stone wall, and his mouth little wide open.

"So," Chorong repeated herself. She crossed her arms around her chest waiting for a reply from Junmyeon.

Junmyeon's face was still blank as ever and his mouth still open.

The fustration got to her. "Junmyeon!"

"Yes," he finally said.

"Where were you? Did you..." Chorong giggle as she shook her head. "What do you think?"

"Uh..." he swallows letting out a heavy breath. "Um."

"You don't like it."

He shook his head nervously, "No. It's...you...you..."

She pouts looking scared and confuse "I don't look good in this dress?" Chorong lifts up the bottom of the dress as she turns around.

He was baffle. The first time in his life and he is completely a wreck.

"Chorong wait," he said walking up closer to her.

She turns around facing him, in the dress he's so awe-struck.

"I was going to say, you...you..." Not again he thought. Why couldn't he just say the darn word, whatever that word was. He straighten himself out, her eyes were looking into his since they both weren't that tall. "You look beautiful."

Her cheeks flush a red color. "Thanks."

"You should get that one."

"Have you seen the price tag?"

"How long have you known me?" He shrugs, smiling at her.

"Are you saying..."

"I don't have to say it. Go and pick three more."

Chorong did exactly what he said, she went back inside the dressing room. She hung the navy blue dress in different spot to remind her that that's one the dress she is picking. The next dress a simple ivory dress, slim at the waist and legs. It had one long sleeve on the left side, and the back completely open. Her eyes twinkle as she watch herself in the mirror, a different Chorong, a more risqué Chorong that she found quite appealing. She step out of the dressing room, facing Junmyeon who was still sitting on the chair.

He lost it, he is completely gone, there is nothing else that could possibly degrade his confident, superior appearance.

"I love this one, no matter what you say," Chorong said as quickly as she goes back into the dressing room.

"I do too," he said after she went back into the dressing room. His face flushed red and his heart pounding.

The next dress on the line up, a light rose pink color dress. Sweet heart neck line, strapless, a train that flows in the back and short mid-calf length in the front. Although the asymmetrical design of the dress was what blew Chorong's mind away.

"Mr. Kim." She played around as she strut out of the dressing room like a model on the runway. Her hands on her waist, posing every which way.

"You getting that one too?"

"You like it," she joked.

"What if I don't," he joked back, watching her smile change into a frown. "I'm joking."

Her smile came back and so did the pose. "Oh Junmyeon, this last dress, can I not show you?"

"Why?"

She shrugs. "I don't know. Surprise."

Surprise? He thought of why she would want to keep the last dress a secret. "Sure."

A wide smile was on her face, like the smile of Totoro. Chorong went back into the dressing room one last time and this time she didn't come back out to show Junmyeon the fnal dress she was picking. After a while she came out with all four dresses zipped up in their individual bag.

"You literally meant it. About not showing me the last dress." He watch Chorong take the dresses to the counter.

"Of course," she said as she steps back from the counter. Junmyeon steps in front of the counter, he pulls open his wallet and his credit card.

"You better look nice in it." He swipe his credit card and types in his pin.

"Nope, it makes me look like a hobo."

He stops midway and glares at her, she starts laughing at his facial expression.

 

They both head back into his rental car and dives off. This time the window closed and the air conditioner on, the silence in the car was no longer inevitable their chatting continues all the way to the flower garden sanctuary. Chorong has been to the flower garden but for some reason it felt more livelier now, the flowers seem brighter and full of color. The entire 10.5 acre place feels like it came to life.

 

 

      ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

author's note: Thank you so much for reading everyone. Also this chapter for some reason made me cringe a lot, happy cringe that is. All surong this chapter and the next chapter (hint, hint, wink, wink)

also the song in the car, actual song by British/Irish group Kodaline called "The One"