Ten

Serendipity

 

: Ten :

: Day 4 (mid-afternoon) :

 

Chorong hopped into a taxi as it drove down the road, the view of the Ocean was onto her right as she stared at the view with the window rolled down half way.

The cab driver stopped in front a grey building with a wooden sign hung above the door. She paid the driver and walked up to the door, from the window she already saw couples inside. Chorong huffed as she let out a deep breath. The sign above her head, swinging from the wind breeze read: Julie's Craft & Make.

Chorong head inside as she walks around looking at already made crafts. Some made with clay other glass and some woven.

"Hi may I help you," said a young woman walking up Chorong. She had her hair into a bun, wore an apron with her name tag on. "We have a special going today. For all couples 45% off of whatever want to make. And 25% off for singles."

Chorong bit her lip after the 25% off for singles. Like really, couples get a higher discount. If only she wasn't single.

Chorong shook her head, trying to keep a smile on her face. "Single." She shrugged.

"Oh, well then this way." The young woman escorted Chorong to an empty room. "Feel free to make whatever pleases you."

As soon as the young woman left Chorong placed her bag onto a nearby hook along with her hat. She put on an apron hung on the opposite wall. "What to make," she thought as she sat onto a stool. Her fingers tapped the table in rhythmic beat.

 

Junmyeon rubbed his temple with his fingers, he was pacing in the room back and forth still in the same attire from last night.

"I'm getting this deal sorted out as fast as I could. In the mean time Kyungsoo, in my penthouse, on my desk in my room should be the papers regarding about Guardian's financials. And there should be a folder underneath, it has the reports on the stocks. I'll email you the latest charts and the reports on Mr. Reyes and Mr. Reagan. Book me a flight to America some time next month I want to meet up with them."

"Yes," Kyungsoo replied over the phone.

His eyes linger over to Chorong's room. The door was closed shut, he grabbed the door knob turning but didn't bother to open it.

 

After hanging up on Kyungsoo he walks into the bathroom, ready for a shower he has been longing for. Junmyeon turns on the water as he his shirt, ping his trouser and freeing himself from his boxer brief. He steps into the shower as the water splashes onto him, head first. The water trickles onto his head as it makes it way down his neck further more down his back. He closes his eyes, tilt his head upward letting the water splash onto his face. He let out a breath -- Chorong's image flashed before him as he opens his eyes immediately. He shook his head, chuckling to himself.

"What is this," he murmurs to himself.

He ends his shower, getting out and wrapping a towel around his hips. He didn't know where Chorong went, so a day without her. A chance to catch up with Mr. Shim and really get the deal finalize. His lips curve into a smile just thinking about it. He quickly put on his clothes as he hurriedly out of the room and into the elevator. Of course he also did not know where Mr. Shim was at either.

Junmyeon strolled into the lobby, thinking exactly where they would be. Or to simply just bribe the receptionist where they went. He walked up the front desk.

"Excuse where has Mr. Shim Haejin gone too?" He prop his elbows onto the desk.

"I'm sorry sir I cannot leak out personal schedules."

Junmyeon cleared his throat. He dropped his arm to his side and straighten himself. "I believe you don't know who I am." He took out his wallet, taking out his business card and handing it to the receptionist.

She looked at carefully as she place it down again. "Sorry sir," she said as she typed onto her computer. "Mrs Shim went out. Mister Shim is in their room."

"Have a nice day." He had said it to keep her in line not in a nice greeting way.

Junmyeon went back to the elevator waiting for it to come down so he could head up to chat with Mr. Shim. Once this deal is over he could go back home and finalize everything. His company will become the greatest. The elevator bing open as he steps inside. He presses the button to close, next the floor button.

The elevator shot up with no stop to his destined floor. Junmyeon got out as he stroll leisurely along the hall. His hands in his pant pockets, while whistling a tune. A couple walks pass him and for a brief moment he swore he seen himself with Chorong. He stops in his track taking a quick glimpse of the couple. They were huddling together, and when they got on the elevator the man kisses the top of the woman's head. Junmyeon closes his eyes, took a long inhale and softly exhale it out.

"I'm crazy. I'm going delusional." He turned back around and resumes walking.

Mr. Shim's room was in front of him, he thought about knocking but also thought about the scenario of Mr. Shim not wanting to be disturbed.

He knocks with hand while the other stays in his pant pocket. The door opens up as Mr. Shim dresses in casual wear greets him.

"Mr. Shim would you mind the company?"

"Of course, join me. The Mrs is out doing her things. I told her I need a break."

Mr. Shim sat in his recliner as he tilt his head up to watch the tv. Junmyeon sat in two seated love couch sitting opposite of Mr. Shim.

"My grandkids tell me I watch the news too much."

Junmyeon chuckles "News is good to watch."

"I told them that. They say they get their news else where."

"The Internet is huge, sir. I would agree with your grandkids too, some very reliable news source are only found on the internet."

Mr. Shim nods his head.

"Sir if I don't mind. I would love to tell you more about my deal proposal."

"Go ahead son."

"We mentioned it briefly but I like to go over a few details." Mr. Shim nods his head, his eyes still fixated on the television. "Your company will benefit the most with this proposal. There will be at least a 25% increase in your stocks. Global sales will also be up 10%."

"And you my son?" Mr. Shim turned his head to face Junmyeon.

"Oh that" He grins. "Guardian will become the leading stockholder of most companies. As you could see we had bought out the majority in the last couple of years. Our sales will be double, stocks up 65% and new proposals are being developed now for America."

"Ambitious. You my son are a wonder. So young and already leading the economic world."

"I do make donations too."

"Well son, I like your proposal, I like where this is going and I do see our companies joining. Your grandfather talks highly of you."

"Thank you sir."

"One condition."

Junmyeon gulps, he furrow his eyebrows as he leans forward.

"Have a wedding date set up."

His eyes widen from the shock. "W...well do sir. I'll..." he pause as he corrects himself. "We will set up a date as soon as the week is over."

"Good."

Junmyeon got up from his seat as he walks to the front of the dooe. "Have a good day sir."

"Yes, and you."

"I will be seeing you next week for the signing."

"Yes, yes."

Junmyeon left the room cheerfully, his steps lighter than usual. Smiling to nothing as he got into the elevator. Two couples were in there but he was too happy to notice. His proposal was a success and all was left was to get Mr. Shim to sign the actual documents for the proposal to actually work.

He stood outside of the hotel, the wind breeze today was mild and he could already smell the Ocean. He hopped into his rented car and drove down. the streets. He didn't know where to go but sight seeing now would be good for him, since he officially got the proposal. He parked the car on the side of curb and got out to take a stroll wherever he may end up.

Hands in his pocket he walks down the side walk, one story building were neatly next to on another. From shops to restaurant to other things. He stops in his track, turning back around as he stares into the window of a shop. He looks up, the sign just above him read: Julie's Craft & Make. His lips curve into smile.

The door jingles as he enters, there couples making crafts together. But what stood out to Junmyeon was a lonely Chorong who where the only person there without anyone. Even her table was lonely.

He walks up behind her, keeping a distance to himself. He leans his head near her ear barely touching her ear with his lip.

"Mind if I join you," He says into her ear.

Chorong shiver from from the warm breath in her ear, she swung her arm around barely missing Junmyeon as he ducks down.

"You could've hit me?"

"You scared me."

"Touchè."

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm free now."

Chorong her head. 

"Mr. Shim accepted my proposal."

Her face lit up, a smile on her face as she pat his shoulder. "That's amazing."

"So," he says as he walks over to her side. "What are you making?"

"At first I was going make a bowl but it turned out." She pointed to a dilapidated clay, almost flat like.

"It could be a plate."

"Huh, I didn't think of that."

 "You know there is a Potter wheel over there." Junmyeon points out towards te corner of the room.

"I know. I tried it. That is how my bowl became this weird looking plate." 

He shook his head. He rolled up his sleeves, took off his watch and walks over to the potter wheel.

"I'll show how it's done. Watch carefully."

"Are you good at this?" Chorong stood behind him her eyes watching his hand.

"Nope, it's my first time."

He place a lump of clay on top, wet it with water as he began to spin the wheel and kneading the clay in his hands.

"This is your first time?" Chorong stare in awe as Junmyeon's lump of clay slowly begins to form a shape.

He finishes as Chorong stood motionless behind him. gape open in astonishment.

"Pretty easy."

"For you to say."

"I'll  help. Sit." He motions her to the stool. "Step by step."

Chorong ease up as she settles down onto the stool. Junmyeon drops a lump of clay as a few splatter onto her face.

"Hey!" She cried out.

"Whoops," he joked as she smears clay onto his face.

"Oops," she says in a cute way. Blinking her eyes all cutesy at him.

He grabs onto her shoulder turning her to face the clay.

"First start out slow and as it begins to take shape make it a little bit faster. And remember to keep it wet but not too wet."

Chorong nods as she slowly begins to spin the wheel. Her hands kneading the clay. Junmyeon watch her as he notice how her hands were working the clay. He steps up behind her, as his chin nestle on her shoulder. His arms wrapping around her as he place his hands on her's.

"Like this," he says as he gently guide her hands to knead the clay.

Chorong can feel Junmyeon's body brushing up against her back, his cheek touching her own. And his fingers intertwining with her own fingers. Her cheeks flush red from his sudden touch, her stomach feeling like butterflies were fluttering inside of her. He is the CEO of Guardian. The man who is going to shut her antique shop down to build more of his company. Does he even know about the stores he got shut down in the last couple of months. All of that cross Chorong's mind but the warm heat she was getting from Junmyeon's was making her feel all sort of things.

The wheel began to spin faster, Chorong had her mind on something else when the clay splatters all onto her and Junmyeon as well.

"Oh my gosh!" She stopped spinning as Junmyeon removed his arms around her. "Sorry."

There were clay all up his arms , some on his face too.

"At least clay is good for your skin." Chorong bit her lip, got up as clay drops to the ground. Luckily she still had her apron on. But clay was still seen all over her face, hair and arm.

Junmyeon glared at her. His eyes burning. Chorong stood before him, pouting.

"I'm sorry."

"You're right. Clay is good for the skin." Junmyeon cup Chorong face with his hands  as he smeared the clay all over her. "You will have such soft skin now."

Chorong gasp. "And you as well." She smeared the clay that was on his arm all up and down. "Your arms will be super soft now."

Seeing Junmyeon all covered in clay made her burst into laughter.

"You look like a monster." She giggles as Junmyeon playfully tries to catch her. "Get away from me!" 

He chases her all around the room until they heard a gasp from the door way.

"What, what happened in here," said the employee as she walks around the room. Clay almost seen every where.

Junmyeon grabs a hold of Chorong's waist as he smiles to the employee.

"Sorry."

She stare in displease as she points them out of the shop.

"Looks like you got us kicked out," he whispers into Chorong's ear.

"No I didnt. You did. You monster," she whisper back into his ear.

 

They both left the shop covered in clay as they head towards Junmyeon's rented car. 

"You going to drive like that?" She points at him. Still covered in clay, as the clay begins to dry.

"Where else are we going to get cleaned up?"

 

They arrived back at the hotel. The clay were starting to dry up as they walked through the lobby, people were watching them as they both enter the elevator. The door closes as Chorong started laughing. Clutching her stomach her laughter rang throughout the elevator.

"Why are you laughing?"

Chorong continus to laugh. "Look at us." She points to the elevator door. Which was mirrored. Junmyeon looked at himself as he too started laughing.

"I look ridiculous." He touched his face watching his reflection.

"So ridiculous," Chorong laughs.

"You do too."

"Not as much as you."

The elevator opens up on their floor as they both walk side by side. Junmyeon open the door to their room. Chorong walks straight into her room, thankfully it was an executive suite. So two bathrooms. She turn on the water as she strip off her clothes and stepping into the shower. The clay slowly dripping off of her and into the drain. Chorong tilt her head side ways as she peers out of the pixie glass shower. Wiping a few condensation off.

Junmyeon steps into the shower as he grabs for the soap. "" he murmurs. His bathroom, the hotel employees forgot to stock his bathroom. Junmyeon turns off the shower, wraps a towel around his hips as he walks into Chorong's room then quietly open her bathroom door. The light was on and the water was running, which meant she was in there. He crouch low opening the cabinet door under the sink.

"Hello?" Chorong slid the pixie glass door open a little as she peers out. Junmyeon stands up holding onto a bar of soap. His body a bit damp and his abs, well Chorong gaze at his abs a little bit too long. She quickly closes the door as she cross her arms over her bare chest and her lady parts.

"What are you doing in here," she shouts over the sound of the water.

"I didn't have soap in my bathroom. Figure you might have some." His face was blank as he grins slightly.

"Okay, uh bye." She shut her eyes in embarrassment. Her arms starting to shake and her heart beating frantically.

Junmyeon left her room and made his way towards his bathroom. He stood in front of the mirror, looking at himself as he smiles to himself. The sight of ever doing that again would be one in a million.

 

After cleaning up from their mess, they made down to the hall for supper, sitting across from each other as they both ate their tomatoe soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Junmyeon looks up from his sandwich as he watch Chorong eating silently away. His lips curve into a smile unknowingly. The way she presses the grill cheese sandwich in her hand as she takes a bit. Her hair tied into a ponytail, her cheeks and down to her lips.

"Let's go out tonight," Junmyeon says as she looks up utterly confuse. "I need a drink or two."

"There is the hotel bar." Chorong pointed out to him as he shook his head in disapproval.

Junmyeon got up from his seat as he stood across from her, gripping his hands onto chair.

"Finish your sandwich and wear one of those dresses you tried on."

Chorong blinked at his request as he turns around and leaves the hall -- his back to his legs so well structure. Chorong exhale as she resumes eating her sandwich, still thinking about what Junmyeon had said.

"Wear one of those dresses you tried on," replays in her mind.

 

           -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I, uh, well I had writers block. It took me forever to figure where they were gonna go next. Well anyways here ya go!

Also Happy New Year everyone! May 2016 bring you lots of good things.

Also I am wondering about writing another fic, but not sure if I should start while this one is still on-going. I mean I will still write Serendipity but I also want to do the other one too. Tempting, so very tempting...