Seven

Serendipity

: Seven :

: Day 3 (late afternoon - evening) :

 

The flower garden sanctuary, founded in 1950 something and later bought by the president of the Jubilee Hotel around the '80s. It has been added five acres since then, totally it up to now its 10.5 acres. With at least thousands of species of flowers and orchids from all over the World. And trees. There is also small man-made pond with koi fish swimming in them.

Chorong walking side by side along with Junmyeon, so close from far away it would seem like they were holding hands as if they were a real couple.

"Froyo," Chorong mumbles under her breath from seeing a couple walking by each holding a froyo in their hand. She swipes her tongue over her lip watching the couple, mostly the froyo in their hand leave.

Junmyeon chuckles silently, watching a sulken Chorong that he found fascinating. From the around the corner of the garden, he found a bright blue umbrella. "I will be right back." He motions to Chorong, who stopped moving and stood there watching him leave.

Junmyeon walks up to the bright blue umbrella, a shiny cart with blue, yellow, green, and red colors. A sign on the side of the cart that reads "Frozen Yogurt" which obiviously is froyo because that is what froyo is; frozen yogurt.

"One please," he said to the man behind the cart.

"What flavor," said the man holding onto a plastic round cup.

"Uh," he thought. What flavor did Chorong like, or in general what does she like. Since she's a girl strawberry sounds good, but not all girls likes strawberry. There is also just plain vanilla, but that would seem too dull. Even though vanilla is the best flavor there is. He went over the froyo flavors on the cart, there were so many he didn't know which one Chorong would like and which one she wouldn't like. Chorong likes to eat, and so does his sisters. But what does his sisters like again - Taeyeon is simple with exceptional taste while Namjoo, well she's all over the place. Simple it is. "Strawberry cheesecake," he said to the man.

"Would you like actual strawberry cheesecake crumb with it?"

"Yes." Junmyeon paid for the froyo as he return with the froyo in his hand. Hiding behind his back.

Chorong was still standing where she was when Junmyeon came back.

"Where did you go," she said while tapping her toes on the black top. Her arm crossed around her chest.

He was all smile, something he hardly does. Sure he knows how to smile but never this much or this big.

"What do you got there?" Chorong pointed towards his back, his hand behind them.

Junmyeon reveals his hand and offers her the froyo.

Her eyes got big, sparkly, and teary. "Is this - a froyo?"

"It seems like you really wanted one. I mean you did sort of lost it when you saw that couple a moment ago with froyos."

"So did you when I wore that ivory dress at the boutique," Chorong thought to herself. Making her giggle uncontrollably - her entire body now laughing at the blank face Junmyeon  had from earlier.

He watch her laugh - her whole body moving along with the laugh as if they were one. "Why are you laughing? Do you not want this froyo?"

Chorong came back to realization when she grapped the froyo from his hand. "I do. Thanks for buying it." She took a big spoonful into . "Mmmm."

"Is it that good?" Junmyeon watch her eat the froyo with a smile on his face. It was a nice gesture he did and he felt, he felt good about it.

Chorong looks up from her froyo and spots Junmyeon watching her. His face, why hasn't she notice before. He was astonishingly handsome and the flowers in the background didn't help, it just enhances his handsomeness even more.

She scoop some froyo into the plastic spoon. "Try some." The spoon was inches from Junmyeon's mouth.

There was something about Chorong's eyes that made him always staring at. Like a hypnosis. Her eyes watching him, wandering what he is going to do next. Her lips pressed tight, sort of glossy too. What can he do at that moment. Nothing much really. Junmyeon leans in and takes the spoon into his mouth, the froyo cold and soft inside.

"Good isn't it?"

The froyo was indeed cold but his heart was all warm and fuzzy inside and Junmyeon didn't like that one bit. He never had a fuzzy warm heart, maybe once, but that was once upon a time ago. Chorong didn't even step back from him, she was still up close and ever. The froyo was what that was between them.

"Have some, I don't mind sharing." Chorong did mind sharing, because she wanted the froyo all to herself and Junmyeon looked sort of lonely just watching her eat it.

"There's one spoon." He pointed out the fact. One spoon and one big portion of frozen yogurt.

Chorong scooped up one big scoop of froyo onto the spoon and following into . She hands him the spoon and cup and immediately places her fingers along her temple. "Brain freeze," she said to herself pressing her fingers tightly on her temple.

Junmyeon held onto the cup as he watch Chorong in agony. Seeing her and her goofy antics makes him forget about almost everything - that he is the CEO of Guardian Corp. Chorong regains conscience from the devasting brain freeze. The level of the froyo remains.

"Why aren't you eating?" She glares at him, glaring at her. "Do you want me to feed you again. Baby." Her voice went up an octave, like those speaking to babies and puppies. She scoops some froyo onto the spoon with bits of strawberry cheescake and begins imitating a plane flying towards Junmyeon's mouth. "Open wide."

"I'm not going to open wide if you're going to do that." He protests by avoiding the spoon.

"Open wide, please." Chorong still had the spoon in her hand and in the air. Elevating near Junmyeon's mouth.

"Please won't work." He moved to the side and Chorong followed. "You aren't going to stop, aren't you?"

Chorong shook her head. "Nope."

He nod his head. "Alright then." Junmyeon took a step closer to her. He leans in as Chorong moves the spoon closer to him. He sneer as he lifts his hand over her's grabbing her wrist and turning the spoon back towards her. "Open up," he teased.

Chorong turns her head as the spoon hit her cheek, the froyo or some of it smeared on her.

"You should've opened up." He took the spoon from her and ate the rest off the spoon. "Delicious. After getting smeared by you."

"Ugh," she moan aloud. hanging open in astonishment.

Junmyeon quickly scoop some frozen yogurt into the spoon and flies it into . The spoon in , she stares at him with dagger eyes. He took out his handkerchief from his pocket and gently wipe the frozen yogurt from her cheek. Chorong stood still watching his hand from the corner of her eyes, his handerchief was soft and silky along her cheek.

They were both inches apart, in proximity at least three inches. Junmyeon couldn't understand what he was feeling, but seeing the flowers surround Chorong from behind made her execptionally beautiful. From afar Chorong was already beautiful but up close, she was something much more. She bit her lip as she slowly steps back.

Clearing she looks over at Junmyeon. He was still watching her. "Um...I heard there is a wishing well here. We should check it out." Chorong turns around and heads off.

Junmyeon watch her leave as he follows, his pace a little slower now keeping the space between him and Chorong. The trees became a little more dense the further they went - it starts to turn into a wooded forest than a flower garden. In an open circle, more of a oblong, was a the wishing well surrouning itself by tall trees. Chorong walks up to the plaque.

"This wishing well is made of lime stone rocks at least eighty years ago. It is said that the water contents, when drank, can make anyone's one wish come true," Chorong read aloud. "Let's try it."

Junmyeon shook his head. "Nah."

"Come on." She grabs onto his hand and pulls him towards the well. Chorong examines inside of the well, her reflection reflecting off the glistening water. "How do we get the water?"

Junmyeon looks around, he walks over to the side and turns the lever. The bucket slowly descends down the well until a light echo of splash hits the water. He can feel the weight of the bucket getting heavier with water as he reels it back up to the top.

"Now what?" He stares at he bucket sitting on the edge of the well. "You got a cup?"

Chorong blinks as she process the whole thing. She shook her head - pouting. "No."

He sighs - a little too loudly.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think this through." Chorong turns her back on him as she herself sighs loudly.

A couple happens to be walking towards the well, holding hands and smiling at each other. The couple were both very good looking, he was handsome as of a statue and she was gorgeous like a mythical goddess or something. They approach the well where Chorong and Junmyeon were standing next to - not facing each other. She walks over to Chorong, a tad bit taller than her with long shiny light brown hair.

"Are you and your boyfriend here for the wishing well too?"

"Oh," she stutters then laughs it off. "He's not my boyfriend."

"Are you sure?" She glances over at Junmyeon and back again at Chorong. "You guys look like it. I mean you guys do look absolutely adorable."

Chorong didn't know how to answer back so she awkwardly gave the most decent smile she had. The girl walks over to her boyfriend as she takes out a small plastic cup from her bag and dips the cup into the bucket of the well water. She drank it first and her boyfriend follows after. They were both all smiles and giggles and love. What the girl did next was unexpected. She refillls her plastic cup and walks ove to Chorong and Junmyeon.

"It seems like you must've forgotten something so I will lend you guys my cup." She offer the plastic cup over.

Chorong bows a ninety degree bow and takes the cup from her hand. "Thank you."

"It's nothing really."

Chorong looks over at Junmyeon all smiles with the cup in her hand. "You drink first."

"Ladies first," he said.

She took a breath as she lifts the cup towards her lip and drinks the cold well water. She then gives the cup to Junmyeon. He took the cup from hand and the tip of their fingers brushes againist each other. Junmyeon stares at the water for a while and tilts the cup for a drink.

"What you wish for?"

"If I tell you, it won't come true." He walks over to the couple and gives back the plastic cup to them. "Thank you again."

"It's not a problem," she said while taking the cup back.

 

 

The sun was starting to set on the day and the orange glow of the sun over cast over the flowers. Their colorful petals became orange from the sun, and so did the trees. Couples were now sitting on the ground, while some laying on the grass. The only two people who were left standing was Junmyeon and Chorong. They stood side by side, not too close, watching the sun - it hadn't set yet, but it was getting there - sooner or later.

Chorong glances over at Junmyeon - watching him rather than watching the sun. His pale skin tone was orange from the sun light and his lashes flutter whenever he blinks. Chorong kept the distance but she was still looking over at him, her lips curve up unknowingly into a smile. Her heart felt heavier, her breathing shorter in breaths, and she felt a sudden wave of electric shock from her toes to her spine.

"Park Chorong pull yourself together," she thought. "What is this I am feeling - like I have felt it before?"

"Hey," Junmyeon said as he turns himself around to face her. Chorong was dazing off into somewhere, he let out a chuckle and a smile followed.

He leans in a little bit close to her, "Chorong."

Chorong jerk up as her arm swung in the air hitting Junmyeon's head. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, you scared me."

Junmyeon held his head in agony. "No, no, I'm fine. I probably shouldn't have done that."

"I'm really sorry." She watches him with a smile on her face, she couldn't help but smile seeing him hurt because of her.

"Stop apologizing, I'm fine really. Though you did hit me pretty hard." He was smiling at her, she was smiling back. For a moment they kept looking at one another, like everything else around them wasn't there. "It's getting dark, we should probably head back to the hotel."

Chorong looked around and the sun had already set, it was pitch black in the sky with the stars was starting to twinkle in the sky now. The lights in the garden were staring to come on one by one.

They made their way out of the garden, in silence, side by side.

 

 

         ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

author's note:

Sorry for the long wait...I was...a terrible excuse too, but I was to lazy to finish. I will try not be too lazy...but sometimes my laziness cannot be helped. But I will finish this story, don't you worry about that.