Five

Serendipity

: Five :

: Day 2 (night) | Day 3 (morning) :

 

Chorong kept her face tilt down, staring at her hands on her lap.

Junmyeon leans to her side, his eye brow raised. "What are you doing? You look like a fool at the moment, stop that."

Chorong didn't want to look up, because for one if she did then that means seeing Woohyun all over again and that would just ruin the night. Her head stayed low for a while and Junmyeon didn't bother asking anymore. The chatting continues on during the night and Woohyun hadn't come back in for a while now, Chorong lifts her head up as she gazes around the empty dining hall that only has her, Junmyeon, the hotel president, and Mr and Mrs. Shim. Woohyun was no where in sight anymore, he must have left for the kitchen a long time ago.

"Welcome back," Junmyeon whisper into her ear, with him leaning towards her.

"Sorry about earlier, I...I was praying."

Junmyeon tilt his head to the side and one raise eyebrow. "Praying? Well next time tell me beforehand so I won't assume you being weird."

She gulps as she touches her hair nervously.

The night only grew darker and for three elders whose bed time is nine o'clock, they sure are staying up late. Junmyeon converse with the gentlemen as Chorong converse with Mrs. Shim. Her fears of Woohyun coming back in faded away, she was smiling all night.

 

 

That next day, bright and sunny, Chorong heads down the elevator wearing a yellow jean short and a sheer off-white tunic. She head towards the front entrance when a couple walks in front of her, talking about a flower garden sanctuary about ten miles away from the hotel. Chorong follows the couple to the flower garden sanctuary, and the entrance to the place had wild flowers all around the entrance with different colors of each, pink, magenta, yellow, purple.

The sanctuary was a beautiful place, and huge, at least around 10.5 acres. The sanctuary had many flowers, different kind of species that attracted humming birds and butterflies.

Wherever Chorong went, couples were walking in front of her holding hands their arms around one another that made her head hurt from seeing them. She had to get away, away from anymore couples. Chorong went left on the trail making her the only person in sight, which was what she wanted.

The flowers got more vibrant, she crouch down to see the flowers closer. It was a beautiful blue color, but not too blue, it had a violet color to it as well and the stem was a dark green color.

"Beautiful isn't it? The hotel president says most of these flowers were imported overseas." His voice was low but still soft, it wasn't the soft voice you hear from Junmyeon's voice it had a clearer tone.

Chorong stare at the flower a litte too long, his shadow cast over her, all she could see was that it was a figure of a man. She clutch onto her purse tightly, wanting to turn around but what if this mysterious man is a lunatic who pry on women. Or worse Woohyun. She can't hide from him for ever, she has to prove to him that she had moved on and had forgotten all about him.

She held her heart tightly as she took a deep breath and stood up only to turn around and see no one. Whoever was behind Chorong must have left already, and for some reason she felt relieved.

 

Junmyeon stayed in the hotel looking over the papers Kyungsoo had fax to him that morning. He was on vacation, if you called it that - work was still his number one priority. The five pages of paper kept him busy, even though at times he found himself lingering over to the closed door of Chorong's room. Whatever was happening to him he needs to focus on work, even if Chorong was work, in some bizarre way.

He left the papers on his bed side and went down the lobby for a stroll. He met Chorong coming back in, her hair wavy today and the shirt on her made him gulp. She smiled from a couple feet away, his eyes were fixated on her.

Chorong walks in font of him. "Have you had lunch yet?"

Junmyeon slowly blinks. His feet felt glued to the spot and shakily shook his head.

"Me too, let's have lunch together." Chorong turns around as she heads into Iris Hall wih Junmyeon following behind slugglishly like.

Iris Hall was different from the Marigold Hall, it was more simple yet sophiscated. Marigold Hall was more on the elegant and extravagant side with fancy chandeliers - it's mostly used for formal parties, sometimes weddings, public events, and even public figures uses them.

She sat herself down at a round table, watching Junmyeon in his slim-fit jeans and plain white tee. She liked this Junmyeon a lot more, this Junmyeon who was more relax and laid back than the workaholic, stern looking man she first met in front of his suite.

"Is there anything you don't like?"

Junmyeon shook his head with a shrug. "Just get whatever. Although make sure it's healthy."

Chorong rolls her eye, unintentionally. "Yes."

She has been gone for a while, actually only for 5 minutes. Junmyeon kept himself busy by looking over a few graphs on his tablet, at least work keeps him sane and productive.

"Oh, we meet," said the young man standing in front of him. He was wearing a white coat, presumably a chef's coat with the pants and all.

Junmyeon put down his tablet as he stood up and shook the man's hand. "Oh, your Nam Woohyun? The special chef for the week."

Woohyun had a smile on his face, a glowing smile that made him proud he was a chef.

"You know the hotel president?"

"Frankly I don't. A colleague of mine does."

"Well, a friend of the president is my friend."

"When did you know the president?"

"I've met the president when I was still studying in France. He is a quite the persuasive man."

 

Chorong walked around the food bar scouting for what Junmyeon might like. Of course for her, she eat anything. After a whole fifteen minutes, maybe a little less she had what she needed. A little bit of both, healthy foods and foods that she could eat and have a coma with.

She left the food bar and went back to the table. Junmyeon was standing up talking to man dressed in a chef's coat, since when did Junmyeon know a chef?

Her steps became heavier, her heart a sudden drop in beats, and a painful jab in her stomach that could either mean something else or she was getting hungry. Probably a bit of both since her stomach growled.

Chorong places the plates of food on the table, keeping an eye on Junmyeon and the chef he was talking to. She didn't pay attention to their conversation but to the food on the table. The foods on the plates began to disappear slowly - disappearing into the pit of her stomach.

"Well I gotta get back to the kitchen and prep for tonight's main course," said Woohyun as he shook Junmyeon's hand.

Junmyeon shook Woohyun's hand in return and turns back around to be seated in his chair. Woohyun bow in greeting, when he looked up he saw the yellow jean short woman he meet at the flower garden sanctuary today. To bad all he saw was the back of her head, wavy chestnut brown hair, and a big appetite. Glad to know someone loves his cooking.

"Who seem to be indulging yourself happily," Junmyeon tease Chorong with a mouth half full of food.

She turns her head the other way not caring about her image.

Junmyeon had a grin on his face, a sly sort of kiddy-ish grin. "I was just saying you look happy being surrounded by food. Sort of like my younger sister, who could eat slices pizza in one big bite like a sandwich."

Chorong smiled unexpectedly. "The same sister who gets you stress drunk?"

"The same one."

Junmyeon devours his salad. He thought about tonight, about what to do. He hasn't seen Mr. Shim yet even though his plan on the deal is going smoothly. Junmyeon keeps finding himself looking up at Chorong, how can women eat so much. It's stragetic that women eats more than men; men has bigger appetites but women eats more.

"Are you doing anything later today?"

Chorong looks up at Junmyeon. "Nothing really. I did wanted to go back to the flower garden sanctuary."

"I like to take you somewhere. Its fine with you?"

She stopped her hand midway from her mouth. Holding onto a bagel with cream cheese. "Um...okay?"

He looked at her funny. "Okay with a question or okay with a period?"

"I mean yes."

"We could go...to the flower garden sanctuary after if you like."

Chorong's face lit up with like christmas lights. "That be, nice."