Chapter Five

The Second Change (Hiatus)

I'm so sorry to all my readers for not updating yesterday! *bows 90 degrees*

I had a lot of things to do and I misplaced an important form which had to be submitted the very next day.

Please forgive me! *bows 90 degrees to everyone again*

To make it up to you, I'll be posting double chapters!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Vampire King growled in his private chambers. He flipped the table in front of him over. His eyes were turning dark red. His servants slowly moved away from him. They could feel his pulsing anger. The king took a breath in and out. 'Damn that Kyuhyun and Sungmin.' He cursed. 'How dare they reveal him to the humans. And that...half of half.'

The door to his chambers slammed open. "Forgive me, sire, but this is of dire importance." Junhyung, the king's most trusted vampire and his right hand man, entered. He carried an aura that made the king's servants bow deeply. The king himself felt inclined to bow but he was not so foolish to bow to one who's rank was beneath his.

"What do you want?" The king scowled. He wasn't in the best mood to entertain Junhyung's mini problems. Junhyung always stated every matter important. "I'm not in the mood for any one of your little fancies. Kyuhyun and Sungmin are aware that I attacked them."

Junhyung now pointedly looked at the king. He glanced around and waved the servants off. "Leave us for a while." Junhyung ordered. The servants bowed and hurried out of the room. Junhyung snapped his fingers and the door closed. "Sire, forgive me, but I have to say my matter would be more important than yours." He narrowed his eyes. "I did tell you not to mess with the princes, didn't I?"

The king's frown deepened but he didn't argue. Junhyung was right. He almost always was. "What's the matter that is keeping you so riled up?" The king asked.

"The Hunter's Foundation have found one of our other bases. They've taken out the entire coven situated there." Junhyung said. 

"What?!" The king leaped to his feet. "That's impossible. Our bases are all completely covered. They can't be spotted that easily."

"Apparently, they were found." Junhyung stated. "That was the statistics I received hours ago. I had to fight through the stupid forest just to get here. The wolves are on high alert. I have no idea why. They tried to attack me and I couldn't even control their minds." Junhyung frowned at the thought but did not elaborate. "That asides, last I heard, the Foundation was moving northward. Towards us."

The king sighed. "My day can't get any worse, can it?" He asked.

A knock on the door made Junhyung open in magically. A servant tumbled in. "There's been an uprising, sire!" The vampire squeaked. He was deathly afraid of the king and Junhyung but as he worked for them, he barely had any choice in the matter. 

"I spoke too soon." The king said. Junhyung chuckled dryly and turned to the servant. The king strolled over to the servant and looked out of the doors. "Where is everyone?" The king asked.

"They have gone to assist in the uprisings, sire!" The vampire stated, he had a mousy look to him. Junhyung stared at the vampire but didn't try to probe. Probing another vampire's mind in front of the king would be asking for death. The king was extremely sensitive and was tempted easily. That was why there had to be many humans captured and not turned. Well, obviously, the vampire population didn't know that. The only prince that knew was Yoseob.

"Leaving me with no guard...What fools..." The king muttered under his breath.

"I'll be leaving as well, just to check." Junhyung said. He turned and walked out of the room when he felt an ice cold sensation running through his body. He turned around to see the king, eyes wide, but there was a hint of fear. The small vampire, lay on the ground, dead. "What...?" Junhyung gasped.

His answer came when someone slammed into him. Junhyung hissed. "Kim Heechul, at your service, sire." Heechul sneered as he held Junhyung down. Junhyung was unable to do anything to the older vampire. The worst thing was that Heechul was a born vampire, which meant that Heechul was stronger. Junhyung was a made vampire, made by the king himself, because he showed exceptional skills that enhanced when he became a vampire.

"You..." The king hissed. "Why did you come back? I thought you swore yourself to a life of exile?" 

Junhyung took the riskly glance to see the king, unmoving from the same spot. It then dawned on him that the king was paralysed. "Just because we exiled ourselves, does not mean that we could un-exile ourself." Jonghyun walked in. "You are not the heir to the vampire throne. We just wanted to see the old man who killed the heiress."

Junhyung's thoughts ran wild. 'Heiress?' He wondered. 'Were the rumors true? That only a vampire queen could rule the vampires?'

"Only those of royal blood can rule the vampires. That's why there are uprisings." Dongwoon walked in with Jang Hyunseung, another made vampire and the older brother of Eunna. The two vampires glanced at Junhyung before beckoning another to join them. Yoseob entered the fray.

"YOU!" The king gasped at the sight of one of his successors. "What are you doing here?" He surveyed the crowd with his beady eyes.

"You can't keep a hold of the throne anymore, Hwonsu." Yoseob stated. "We've learnt of everything that needs to be learnt."

"You aren't of royal blood either. You can't rule the vampires." Hwonsu, the king, retorted.

"That's true, but we've located royal bloods already. There is no need to rule the vampires with force and threats anymore. They will listen to the royal vampire." Yoseob replied calmly. "Heechul-hyung, let Junhyung get up."

Heechul smirked and got off Junhyung. Hwonsu's eyes widened. Junhyung got to his feet, taking the arms that Dongwoon and Hyunseung had extended in front of him. "What is the meaning of this?" Hwonsu growled dangerously.

"It means you trusted the wrong person." Dongwoon replied coolly. 

"ACE, I NEED YOU NOW!" Hwonsu suddenly shouted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything will be explained more fully in the next chapter. I spent about two hours on this, so please appreciate it! (:

Do comment and point out my flaws. Thank you for spending time to read this.

I'm going to have dinner before I return and update on chapter six!