Chapter Eleven

The Second Change (Hiatus)

I shall make this a short update. I have school tomorrow morning after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's actually good manners to, well, rather, at least introduce yourselves first, right?" Yesung asked, staring at the vampires around the room. 

Heechul rolled his eyes. "Kim Heechul. My younger brother, Kim Jonghyun, and his friends." Heechul gestured to the group of five, still standing.

"Kim Kibum, but do call me Key." Key smiled. "This here is Choi Minho and Lee Onew, Jinki really, but just Onew." He paused. "If you understand what I mean."

"It's Lee Taemin." Taemin said softly.

"Well, that's great. So, now what?" Yesung smiled brightly at everyone.

"Now, you would tell us your motives." Heechul said with a scowl on his face. Yesung's smile dropped drastically. He looked down at his hands, which was fiddling with a ring on his index finger. A pair of hands helped him. Ryeowook smoothly removed the ring without any trouble and handed it wordlessly to Yesung.

Yesung looked at the ring for awhile before he raised his head to see Heechul, head tilted to the side, looking extremely peeved off at his actions. Yesung took a breath in before he raised the ring up into the bright light of the sun. It glinted beautifully of the ring but that wasn't what caught the vampires' attention. It was the gemstone in the middle. It was an amethyst of rare value placed in the middle of the ring. It was the late vampire heiress' sign. It was the witches' sign.

"Why do you have that?" Heechul asked in a hard voice. "It was missing from her body or ashes if you can say that."

"She gave it to us." Yesung stated simply. "It was gifted to Ryeowook rather." He glanced at the younger hunter. "Look, we're really just here to meet Jang Eunna and her friends."

"They're gone." The four princes glided into the room. "You probably won't see them until they return." Yoseob stated. He and the other three princes were eying Ryeowook like he had done something wrong.

Ryeowook didn't do anything but stare back. It was not in his nature to ignore a staring competition. "What do you want?" Yesung asked harshly, moving to cover Ryeowook.

"He..." Sungmin blinked, confused. His 'brothers' stared at him. "No, they know Hyeri." Sungmin said. 

"How do you know her?" Eunhyuk asked, eyes narrowing.

"Our leader tried to get Choi Hyeri to join the Foundation. She rejected the offer, obviously." Yesung shrugged. "That's when we found out about her connection to the late vampire heiress' daughter." He paused. "As the prophecy says;" Glancing at Ryeowook, he continued, "Only a female can rule the vampires."

"Is that part of the repeated prophecy?" Heechul narrowed his eyes. 

Yesung stared at Heechul. "I don't think so." He replied before turning to Ryeowook. "Can I have water for my cousin?" He asked after he moved to touch Ryeowook but Ryeowook's eyes were alive with fear. 

Jonghyun stepped towards the kitchen but Sungmin stopped him. Sungmin glanced at Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk's eyes were closed and in a matter of seconds, a bottle of water floated into the room. It floated straight to Yesung, who took it hesitantly. What happened next shocked the vampires into momentarily silence. Yesung opened the bottle and splashed it at Ryeowook.

Ryeowook closed his eyes and then opened them and looked down. He glanced at Yesung, with a dismayed expression. "Yeah, you did it again." Yesung nodded, putting the bottle of water away. Ryeowook looked down, depressed.

The vampires were confused. "What...?" Yoseob began but trailed off.

"He's a mute." Yesung finally said. "He wasn't born one. He didn't have any sort of trauma or anything. It's a spell put on him by the witches. For something he was innocent of. For something he had no part in. For something that wasn't his fault. He was punished." Yesung sighed.

Ryeowook sighed inwardly. He looked up, a distant look in his eyes. Sungmin stared at him curiously. Ryeowook was staring at a space where Sungmin could feel some sort of psychic radiation from there. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments are appreciated! (: Thank you for reading!