Chapter Twenty-Three

The Second Change (Hiatus)

The girls practically flew down the stairs. They crashed into the kitchen, where Seolgi was at. She was cowering away from three cloaked figures. Donghae was growling at them. One of them held out his hand as a sign of peace. Seolgi's scream pitched an octave higher. By the mere gesture, the girl was freaked out.

Shinhye knelt next to her friend. "What's wrong?" She asked, worried.

Haemi pushed Shinhye aside. She touched Seolgi's forehead then her wrist. "She can see something that isn't supposed to be there." Haemi hissed. "I can't channel anything since I don't have the power to do so."

"Maybe I can help." One of the cloaked figures dropped his hood. It was Yang Yoseob, the prince. He moved towards her slowly but when she didn't register his presence, he dropped next to her and took her hand in his. 'Seolgi...? Seolgi, can you hear me?'

'Who are you?' A quavering reply from the mind of Seolgi whispered. 'You...The Prince...Right?'

'Yes, I'm Yoseob. Please calm down. You're frightening everyone, even your friends.' Yoseob tried to tell her.

'No... I see them. They're eating up everything, inside out. We're all going to die and rot!' She cried out. Tears spilled on the surface.

"What's happening?" Haemi asked, voice strained.

'You hear that, don't you? That's Haemi, your friend. She's so worried over you. Let us help. No one can reach into you like I can and I want to help you but I cannot if you do not allow me to.' Yoseob said.

'How are you going to help me?' She whispered.

'Let me in and I'll chase everything away. I promise. I won't do anything else.' Yoseob said, knowing that he would never ever take away her trust in him.

'Are you sure?' The vulnerable young girl's voice asked. 

'I am positive. I'll chase them all away. All the bad bad things.' Yoseob cooed. 

The girl slowly opened her mind and Yoseob's gasp of horror constricted his insides. He mustered the courage to open his palm and set ablaze the spirits with his powers. 'Leave this household. I know not how you got in but you will leave.' He said fiercely.

The spirits that had been tormenting Seolgi fled, burning. Seolgi calmed down. "Get her some water." Yoseob was heard saying. 

'Thank you...' Seolgi told him softly in her mind. She knew that he heard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunna sat in the middle of the river, on a big rock. The rushing waves of the river sped pass her, all around her. On one side, her mother stood. Eunna's mother had passed away a long time ago, in that incident. Her beautiful mother, proud as a peacock, but kind and gentle as a lady, stood tall like a warrior. There was a necklace resting against her neck. She smiled at her daughter.

"Eunna... You've come so far." Her mother whispered, proud and gentle.

"Mother..." Eunna blinked.

On the other side of the river, all her friends, brothers and the people she loved and knew, stood there. "Eunna..." Haemi whispered too. "Please..."

Eunna was confused. "What's happening, mother?" Eunna asked her mother, feeling so small suddenly. She had morphed into a five year old. "Mummy..." The girl cried.

"Dearest, darling Eunna. You are not as small as you think. Look to the other side." Her mother said gently but firmly. "See how many people depend on you as you depend on them. You are big in their eyes, at least equal, but never small."

"Mother..." The older Eunna had returned. She sat next to her young self now. "Mother... It's not my time yet, is it?" She asked.

"No, it is not. We will welcome you and greet you when it is time. For now, you, as a hybrid, must do whatever it takes to save your friends and the humans. You are the hope of both races. Song Jandi will not rest until the vampires are all under her control. She did not grow up well like you did. She was stolen as a child from us. But the protection includes her as well." Eunna's mother said.

A light came and a figure appeared next to her mother. It was Haemi's mother. "Auntie... What are you doing here?"

"I have come to warn you and speak to you of the greatest evil, dearest child." Haemi's mother said. "Jandi has located the houses again. She will be setting your gravest and most terrifying fears upon you. How she knows them is through her powers of black magic. Her witch heritage. You must help and support your friends. Your mates are the only ones who are able to calm you down. They will have the power to chase away the evil. You must have faith in them. Shinhye, you and Seolgi have accomplished that." She paused. "Haemi is stubborn and will not be easily influenced even if she is frightened."

"I do not know what fear I have." Eunna said slowly. "I must have many..."

"But they will only choose the one which will have a clear impact on your mind." Her mother added. "You must be prepared."

"EUNNA!" A cry shouted out. The two ladies' figures flickered.

Her young self hopped over to the other side with ease. "We will come to you again soon, my dearest. Know that I am very proud of you and your brothers. I love you all even if I cannot be with you." Her mother vanished with her five year old self. The other one disappeared into a ball of light and left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING AT ALL! Things have been so hectic and my internet was down for so many days! I apologize so much to all my subscribers and readers! I'm truly truly sorry!

As an apology, I've written this long long chapter which is supposed to be two chapters but I made it into one! Really really, sorry!