Chapter Seventeen

The Second Change (Hiatus)

Eunna ran through the forest, her three wolves by her side. The unicorns had intercepted them awhile ago and informed Eunna of the barrier breaking. Now, Bimaize was heading back to the safe cave to protect the girls, under orders from Eunna that no one was to leave the cave. Not even the other princesses.

'Eunna, maybe you should have not made that order.' Snow said as the beautiful white wolf padded gracefully through the forest, avoiding every single obstacle. Her counterparts were as agile and elegant as she was.

"No. The Hunters..." Eunna began, eyes viewing the distance. "Shadow, what do you see?"

Shadow eyed the forward plateau. 'Hunters. But they aren't normal hunters.' Shadow said. 'Turned hunters. Someone's controlling these hunters. That creature would have been the one who broke the barrier.'

'The question is; how did they get into this realm?' Moonlight raised the problem.

"That's right." Eunna thought and considered. "Snow and Moonlight, the both of you, return to the caves." The two wolves turned to look at the hybrid. "Shadow and I will steer them off. You both make sure you get the girls and whoever's there to safety. Our mothers' realm will not be invaded so easily."

'Eunna, what you are doing now...' Snow began. 'Do you have any idea at what risk you are? You aren't just a simple hybrid. You're the only hybrid. The only hybrid capable of controlling us wolves. Your soul-mate won't be happy if you die.'

"I know." Eunna smiled. "I won't die if he can help it. But, we all know that he will be much weaker than I will be here."

'But he knows the roads of darkness as well as I do.' Shadow pointed out. 'The prince of darkness is drawn to this realm since its darkness is more than from where he hails from.'

'They approach.' Moonlight said. 'Eunna, are you sure of this? Are you sure of your order?'

"What's the danger?" Eunna asked. Moonlight was the one who could somehow see things into the future. 

'There is a human with sixth sense coming your way. With him, are Shinhye and Haemi. Seolgi and Hyeri are following them close behind.' Moonlight said, looking back. 

The four beings stopped. "They're coming after me?" Eunna asked incredulously. "I told them I wasn't worth it. They play much more important parts in the future."

'Yours is just as important. So, you have to change your plans now, no?' Moonlight replied.

Eunna looked around. "Very well." Eunna sighed. "We will do as you wish, Moonlight." Eunna said.

The gray wolf glowed with happiness. 'Thank you. Shadow, you and Snow will protect Eunna. I will run forward and distract them and give the others time to catch up. Rest assured I will not die.'

"And if you do?" Eunna eyed the gray wolf. "Star was your daughter. Do you know who had slain her? Do you even bear grudges against them?"

'I have long forgiven them. They were lost souls, unable to find rest. Star led them to their light, by dying herself. She is honored in my heart and in the ranks of wolves forever.' Moonlight smiled back.

"I understand. But this does not mean that you must hurry to your death." Eunna smiled back.

The gray wolf yowled once before taking off towards the incoming troops of ten. Ten superhuman hunter-vampires. Behind Eunna, the unicorns were racing towards her through the dense forest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! (:

Comments are greatly appreciated.