Chapter 9

Love in the Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Friday and you were blankly staring out the window waiting for school to end.  The bell rang signaling the end of class and start of break but you didn’t hear it because you were spacing out.  Kai glanced at you and wondered what you were thinking about, not noticing Sora sliding on to his desk.  Chanyeol and Tao immediately pretended to be absorbed into doing their homework and refused to even glance at Sora. Sora let out a snort of displeasure and focused her attention on Kai.

“Hey there Kai,” Sora said in a higher pitched voice than usual as she twirled her brown locks around her finger. Kai turned his head away from you and looked at Sora. Her skirt was dangerously high up her thigh and her shirt was ed to the third button. He never really took an interest in her as it seemed like she was trying to get into his pants.

“Can I help you?” Kai asked in a bored tone. Sora was making him uncomfortable and it didn’t help that Chanyeol and Tao ignoring his silent signals for help.

“I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with me after school today,” Sora said flirtatiously. “If you don’t want to watch a movie, we could always do other stuff.” She uncrossed her legs and Kai scooted his chair away when Sora leaned forward. It was pretty obvious she meant, “Let’s have .”Panicking, Kai looked at Tao but he was “reading” a book that was upside down and Chanyeol was writing down notes from a class that he didn’t have yet.  He turned to you and saw that you had woken up from your little daydream and was watching his interaction with Sora with an amused look on your face.

“Sorry. I’m watching a movie with Hyunji after school today,” Kai said as your head snapped up. You stared at him as Chanyeol and Tao looked up with hopeful expressions on their faces.  You were about to say no when Kai cut you off. “Right Hyunji?” Kai confirmed as he kicked your shins. You bit your lip to keep in the pain and clenched your fists. “Yeah.” You said casually as you fought the urge to punch him in the gut.

Sora gaped at you before throwing a mini tantrum on Kai’s desk. “Why are you going with that ?! She’s not even that pretty!” Sora whined as you sighed. Kai was about to retort back when you cut him off. “At least I don’t have to practically suggest to have with a guy.” You answered back as you leaned back into your chair. “Ooooooh Burn!” Tao drawled as he covered his mouth with his hand. “Hot damn do you need ice for that burn?” Chanyeol snickered as he high fived with Tao. Sora flushed red before stomping back to her seat. Kai smirked, impressed at your comeback. You rolled your eyes before turning to Kai. “Care to explain about that movie I’m supposedly watching with you now?” You asked.

“She was trying to get into my pants! What was I supposed to do?” Kai said as he raised his arms in surrender. You mentally sighed and shook your head.

 “Well you’re gonna come right?” Chanyeol asked. You looked up. “Wait you actually want to watch a movie together?” You said.

“Why not? I’ll call Exo! We can have a movie night!” Tao squealed. You swore, the guy was like a 5 year old girl. “Um, my dad might not let me go.” You said. In reality, he would be thrilled and would happily let you go without a second thought. You hadn’t gone out with friends ever since your mom died and he jumped at any chance for you to socialize with other kids.

“Why don’t you call him?” Kai asked. Although they wasn’t actually going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter