Chapter 11

Love in the Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You rested your head against the cool surface of your desk. School was even more boring than usual and it didn't help when Kai kept on kicking the legs of your chair.

 

"Okay class we're gonna have a midterm project," Mrs. Choi announced as the entire class groaned and let out a depressed sigh. "You'll have one partner to work with." At that, students perked up, mostly the girls as they snuck glances at the three Exo boys that were sitting at the back of the class. "You have assigned partners though," Mrs. Choi said. The girls huffed, but listened attentively as Mrs.Choi started calling out partners, hoping fervently that they would get paired with one of the Exo boys. You, on the other hand didn't give a damn as long as it wasn't Sora, Eunbi or Haneul.

 

"Yubin and Minho, Inwook and Woohyun, Kai and Tao," at that, the girls let out groans of disappointment but it didn't last long, as there still was Chanyeol left. "Haneul and Hyunbin, Eunbi and Yoona, Chanyeol-" every girl except for you held their breath, praying for their name to be called. "And Hyunji," Mrs.Choi finished. Chanyeol grinned and high fived you while girls protested against the pairings.

 

"Mrs.Choi! She already sits next to him!"

"Why does she get him?!"

"Can I switch partners with Hyunji?"

 

Kai couldn't help but protest silently with the girls. He was hoping that he could be your partner- teasing you had been his only source of amusement here. At least he was paired with Tao. If it was Sora or another girl...Kai shuddered even at the thought of working with Sora on a project.

 

"Enough!" Mrs.Choi said. "Those are the final partners. If anyone complains to me, they can expect their grades to drop down!" At that, the protests ceased although 98% of the female population in the class had a frown on their face.

 

"Very well. You and your partner will conduct an experiment and present your results on a poster board in front of the class. This project will be due in three weeks from today and  it’s 60% of your grade so if you fail this, you can expect bad grades for this semester," Mrs.Choi said before she walked out of the classroom.

 

The class erupted into chatter, some discussing the project while most complained about the pairings. Chanyeol turned to you and gave you a cheeky smile. "Do you wanna come over to my house to work on the project today?" He asked. Well, your dad would let you go without batting an eye - Hyunwoo had late classes today and he didn’t care about what you did as long as it was safe so you agreed without thinking much about it.

 

"Awesome we can work next to Kai and Tao then," Chanyeol said. Tao and Kai brightened up at Chanyeol's words and you mentally prepared yourself for Kai's poking and Tao's whining. “Just go to the back of the school when school is over and look for the black van - its the same one you rode when you came over to our house to watch that horror movie,”

 

You shuddered when Chanyeol mentioned the horror movie. It still gave you nightmares. You nodded as you packed your bag up and waited for the bell to ring. After a few seconds, a shrill beep rang throughout the class and students rushed out of the classroom. You still had one more class left before school ended and you groaned as you trudged along to math.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter