Chapter 12

Love in the Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the end, you decided to do a mind-controlled helicopter after reassuring Chanyeol that it was quite simple. Kai and Tao had “borrowed” your lemon-powered light bulb idea as they weren’t creative enough to come up with their own idea.

“Hey we should go to the hardware store and get some brain-wave chips and some plastic.” You said as you wrote down your plans for the project.  [a/n there actually is a mind-controlled helicopter-it detects your brain waves and moves according to your brain waves. I don’t know what they use for the wave detecting part so let’s just pretend that they use chips.]

“Are you sure you have time for that? I mean it’s already 7:00.” Chanyeol said as he munched on some cookies D.O made earlier. You your phone and checked the time. It actually was 7:00 and you needed to get home.

“Oh shoot I need to get home,” You muttered as you started to stuff your papers inside your notebook. You grabbed your phone and dialed your dad’s number-only to have the mechanic woman’s voice lead you to voicemail. You frowned. Hyunwoo’s classes didn’t end until 8:00 and you’re dad wasn’t picking his phone up.  Which meant that one of the boys would have to drop you off. But who would?

“I can take you home.” Kai offered as if he was reading your thoughts. You looked around the room. Chanyeol was nowhere to be seen - he was probably looking for more cookies and Tao was snoring on the couch. The rest of Exo was upstairs which only left Kai.

“Okay,” you said uncertainly. Kai grabbed his phone and walked to the door with you trailing behind. His black t-shirt hugged his broad shoulders and his jeans fitted his long legs perfectly.  And god, his cologne. You had a weakness for guys that smelled good and Kai had an amazing scent of citrus, berries and pine. As you were inhaling his scent, Kai turned around and caught you staring at his back.

“Like what you see?” He asked with a smirk plastered on to his face. “You wish.” You answered back as you slipped your shoes on. He opened the door when you were finished and you were surprised to see that it was dark out. You followed Kai to the garage and looked at him with confusion when he handed you a red helmet. “Wait-you don’t need helmets for cars unless….we’re taking a motorcycle?” You said.

“Bingo.” Kai said as he swung his leg over a sleek black motorcycle. You made a face as you hesitantly draped your leg over the seat. “Don’t worry it won’t bite you.” Kai said in a teasing voice as you straddled the seat. “And I advise you to hold on to my waist if you don’t want to fall off.” You hesitated, your hands circling his waist in midair. Kai turned around and chuckled when he saw your arms awkwardly in the air before grabbing both of your hands and fastening them around his waist. He had to admit, it felt strangely nice with you basically back-hugging him.  It gave him a sense to protect you, even though you really didn’t need protecting since he saw you kick a stranger’s balls when he tried to put his arm around your shoulders at school.

Your face, well more like your helmet was buried into Kai’s back and you were once again hit with his toxic scent. You could tell he worked out because you could feel his abs behind his thin shirt. Kai slipped his helmet on and cranked the engine. The motorcycle growled underneath you and before you could say anything, the two of you were off.

With your hair streaming out behind your helmet, you gazed at the twinkling city lights. The wind whistled through your arms and you could tell why Seoul was a big tourist attraction. Sure, New York and Las Vegas had all the lights as well but there was something different in the lights here- it gave you a sense of wonder. You were admiring the view when Kai’s voice interrupted your thoughts.

“Do I turn left or right?” He asked. You cleared your throat and answered. “You turn right, and then it’s the 7th house on the right.” Kai obediently followed your directions and parke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter