Two Months Ago - 4

Distant Feeling

 

 

 

The sun already high in the skies when he open his eyes. Kyu stir in his position and turns his head a little to only spotted the closed white door and how bright and quiet the room actually is. He brings his head to another direction only to find Changmin who facing the wide window in the room and has his camera on his hand, snap shooting something from there in silence.

Kyu open his mouth and tries to says something which ends up only by a whimper which actually successfully takes Changmin attention who turns his body quickly toward him. He look questioningly and put his camera on one of the cushion on the room before walk closer toward Kyu’s bed and take a place to the empty chair that placed just right beside the bed, where Leeteuk sat yesterday.

“... Ter... Wa--” 

Kyu not even finishing his words when Changmin already takes a glass of water that placed on the side desk. He had the straw on the glass and put it between Kyu’s lips to help him drinks the liquid easily. Kyu close his eyes as he the cold liquid to get inside his system for a little while, and thanks Changmin with a soft smile when he done with the water.

Changmin silent still and put back the glass on the side desk. After the moment of silence between them, and Kyu finally takes his gaze away toward the ceiling, Changmin decide he just to get into his activity again which is taking some picture of the backyard of the hospital, since the weather kind of nice, with the snow covering almost whole lot that morning. 

Taking his camera with him again, he start to catching some moments there.

It’s already the second day he’s on the hospital, and for some reason, sometimes it’s only him and Changmin. He understand that his hyungs of course also have busy schedule just like Changmin does. Hell, perhaps, Changmin is the most busy one here, but somehow, whenever he opens his eyes, the only person that he will find whether night or day is Changmin. Few times, he would spotted his other hyungs to, but there is also Changmin there.

The wide ceiling is so bright by the reflection of Sunlight over the floor. Even the blurry shadows of Changmin’s from the floor also reflecting on the ceiling which send Kyu smile a little bit before sighs. He finally ask the other with his slightlly still cracking voice “Don’t you have any schedule to be done Chwang?”

“I am.” Changmin says simply while his hands and eyes still focusing at his camera “but things can be done later.”

Kyu finally turns his head to the left, finding Changmin using a simple jeans and a green sweater over his green shirt. He can see how the taller is not fixing his hair and let it mess a little bit from the sleep that he might take before. No matter how many times Kyu sees Changmin and knows this idiot for years, somehow he still amazed at this idiot’s good looks. And of course, he would never ever says that in his life, that’s become one of his rule while being friend with Changmin in the first place.

“Aren’t Yunho hyung pissed?”

“He always pissed at everything.” Changmin says the fact simply. That’s right, Yunho is a perfectionist type of person, who of course always wants a perfection from everyone around him “So basically I’m used to it.”

There’s just another silence down between them, and Kyu still let his eyes glued to Changmin’s figure from behind and look at how hi partner in crime do his hobbies even inside this hospital room. For once, he realized how Changmin mostly spent his time inside this place even it’s only with his silly camera. He feels kind of like forcing Changmin to stay with him in the room which ended up with him bursting out a statement “You should leave.”

Changmin take the picture once more before takes his camera down and turns his body toward Kyu “Come again?”

“You. Better. Leave.” he repeats again, and this time is sound so sure.

“Why?”

“No reason.” Kyu just says simply, because honestly there’s none. Changmin tilted his head to one side first and look at Kyu questioningly before he turns his body back to the window and start taking the picture again, ignoring Kyu’s words. “Just leave Chwang!”

“No explanation, then there’s no reason for leaving.”
Its always like this, with Changmin become the stubborn one but seems more like he doesn’t care at all. If he already wants something, he wouldn’t change his mind at all. 

Kyu finallly sighs and slowly get into sits position which resulting his stomach really hurt and stuffs. Changmin only look at him from the place where he’s stand right now, willing to help but he still have his ego that told him to stay modest by just look at how Kyu’s struggling to get into sit position. The moment when Kyu already sit nicely, Changmin just lift his camera up and take a picture of the other quickly.

‘Click’

Kyu rolled his eyes annoyed while Changmin just focusing at his camera in his hands and looks at the result of the picture that he takes before. He still silent even he somehow thought, Kyu’s picture that he just take is more better that the others which he takes while the older is sleeping.

“Don’t you getting tired Chwang? For stay here with me?” a weird felling start to tinge inside Kyu’s system and makes him somehow no have so much gut like usual to stare at Changmin who is actually already sit at the other end of the bed. He can feel the slight movement when the taller sit there, makes him lift his head finally and continuing “I mean, you, always, like be there, I mean, yes, you always there for me....”

Changmin has his camera over his laps while his eyes is stare through the wide glass in the room, looking for something so far and distant. Kyu waiting between the silent that the other create, while the ticking sounds from the clock doesn’t even helping or even the slight blizzard outside. Kyu wonder what Changmin actually has inside his head and makes him quiet pretty long just to answer the question. 

Changmin never become the one who is usually asking about anything. Changmin is just a type of guy that will run across the town just to meet him if he asks him to. He will fully awake in the middle of the night if he need someone to accompany him at Japanese Bar and get wasted. So, getting deeper Kyu thought about what Changmin actually thinking at that very moment, he seems like also realized how Changmin mostly is only silent while he around him. He rarely talk beside about his hyungs, some new games and food, other than that, he will just silent. Even the sounds of his camera somehow is more vocal that him.

“If I say ‘Yes, I’m getting tired to be around you’ what will you do?”

Kyu snapped his head from his own thought and smirk quickly when he get what Changmin just says toward him “What do you mean? You’re so in love with me”

Kyu laughs between his words before the laughs becoming more loud and slowly faded within the air when he realized if he’s the one who is laughing, and on the other side, Changmin is only look at him in silent. He has no expression, there’s no smile on his face like he usually do on or off the screen whether he’s sad or not. Something seems off, but Kyu doesn’t know what.

“Wait Chwang, I don’t meant to mean it like that.” Changmin just stand on his feet and walk toward the couch that placed across the bed where he put his backpack is. He put his camera into one of the smaller bag there before he take his backpack and sling it onto his shoulder. He’s still silent, which makes Kyu more worried then he supposed to do “Changmin! Seriously, I’m not--”

“It’s okay.” Changmin says while he stop at the moment when he hold the door knob. He doesn’t turns his head toward Kyu and just look at the floor when he talks. His voice is quiet low, more like whisper “I’m just going to our place.”