Our Place - 3

Distant Feeling

 

 

 

How to conclude this actually, he doesn’t know. The stars shining in the skies when he walk home before, with the tint of cold that spread through his body as the midnight just get darker. Three in the morning he stumbled with his front door’s key, which falls down so many times on the ground, makes already not focused eyes to worked twice harder to get the key from the floor.

The sound of regular show plays on the back when he get inside his apartment. The green door automatically closing behind and left a quiet thud sounds by the wall. The funny tapping sounds on the floor because of his unsteady feet makes him closes his eyes hard and open it when all he can found is a fancy dinner laced on the kitchen.

It’s two portion of food. How the plate covered with an orange color sauce over the medium-rare steak in the middle just right from the olive gives him a view for a special day. A candle placed on the middle of the table complete with flowers inside the vase near it. A napkin is folded neatly at one side, while the other is not. Not help him much with his condition, Kyu brings his feet toward the living room, where the TV sounds are coming.

His feet sprawled by the end of the couch. Fall freely to the floor with his green Nike air still on and untied. He can see clearly how the other eyes are focusing on the screen widely, with his glasses on and a glass of club soda in one hand while over his stomach he can spotted half eaten bar of Hershey’s Milk chocolate with hazelnut. It seems like Changmin still not realizing his presence in the room, he sighs softly.

“Do you waiting for me all night?”

Taking the couch at the other side from Changmin’s, he let his hands laid on the arms rest and lean his back on the cushion. Changmin not leave his eyes on from the screen and emptied the club soda before let the glass fall on the floor and roll over under the couch.

“Not particularly.” the falling blanket from his body sprawled over the floor when he get into sit position. His hair is such a mess with his glasses hanging by the tip of his nose that pushed back by his fore finger. “I’m just finding this show kinda interesting.”

Changmin never be a good liar. 

“You know I’m sorry.” Kyu started with his huffing sounds of breath that escaping his lips. Changmin still silent and stand with the half eaten chocolate in his hands toward kitchen. 

“I’ll leaving.” Changmin shouts a little from the kitchen as he open the fridge and do something on the sink “I’ll catch a flight the first thing in the morning tomorrow.”

Kyu just curve his lips want to correcting Changmin about tomorrow, because actually, its already is tomorrow. It’s already February 4th right now, but he just silent, because he knows Changmin is not in his great mood right now. After awhile, he can see Changmin walk over at the dining table to where the abandoned food is, taking his mantle over the chair and use it before he walks toward the front door. Kyu’s not following him behind, he knows Changmin well to let the younger one leaving like that, or otherwise, there will be a fight between them that can’t be avoided.

Changmin not tied his shoes lace when he’s leaving the front door. As the door finally close behind after his leaving, Kyu finally stand from his seat and walk toward the kitchen after he turns the TV off and take the blanket from the floor to the couch. It’s not a big surprised when he get into the kitchen and check the trash bag beside the counter where he can see a birthday cake being tossed there. That must be what Changmin does before in the kitchen.

Kyu stay still for a moment to look at the written over the cake which is spell his name at his current age right now. He just smile a little bit and close the trash bag again. He will just put it out the first thing in the morning, with also ruined dinner on the table. 

He walk pass by to his room, to get some sleep, not even care to the thing that Changmin made for him even once.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading :))