008

Hey, Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The secretary is calling you… you’ll be surprised.”

“Huh?”

“Are you present, K....Kim Jongin?”

 

 

My heartbeat skipped for a second when I heard my name.

Am I dreaming? Am I still here on earth? Am I… am I… in love?

what? In love? As in “in love”? Lol no. That fast? Woah there. That’s impossible.

But for a girl like her… it’s possible for me to fall in love.

 

I sighed. Kyungsoo hyung saw me and asked me if I’m okay.

“Kai, you okay?” he asked. I nodded, he nodded back and gave his attention to that secretary.

“Kim Jongin? Is Kim Jongin present?” I heard the secretary called out my name again. I shoot my eyes at her and gulped. We were having an eye to eye contact as of this moment and my palms are sweating. Even my forehead and nape. What the actual is this. I’m sweating and this is so abnormal. Are my sweat glands broken or something? Ugh.

Everyone turned their heads around and looked at me. What! I shouted at my head. Are they waiting for me? Are they waiting for my answer? Geez Kim Jongin will you please calm the down and just ing answer the secretary? I told myself.

I raised my right hand slowly. “Y-yes. Present.” I saw her smile a little and then checked the attendance.

 

After the attendance checking, of course, I am still nervous as . I really don’t know what to do.

Can you just imagine? That this secretary is our classmate all along! Why did I not notice that she’s with us in our class? But that’s why she looks so familiar to me… Now I get it.

She’s sitting beside Chen hyung and listens carefully to what our professor are teaching us. I’m sorry but I cannot help myself to steal a glance at her or just really stare at her for minutes and examine her whole face structure—from hairline down to her chin. I really look so stupid right now because five minutes, I will pay attention to the professor. After five minutes, I will glance at her or stare at her then after that, pay attention to our boring teacher again. Then do it all over. I actually want the ground to eat me alive seriously—as in now. Asap.

After the subject ended, everyone went to their friends or just leave the room and go somewhere else. But for us boys, we just stayed.

“Baekhyunah, go approach the secretary.” I heard Sehun pleading to Baekhyun.

“What? Why me! You go approach her!” I heard him whisper but you can really hear it because it’s not really a whisper after all. Lol.

“What’s wrong with approaching her, Sehun and Baekhyun? Are you afraid?” Suho hyung asked them and tried his best to lower his voice down.

“Nothing’s wrong really. It’s just.. uhm..” the two replied in chorus.

“Why don’t you just approach her instead? I-it’s a great idea, isn’t it Sehun? H-ha-ha!” Baekhyun faked a smile and a laugh and pretended that he’s okay. And same goes with Sehun. Geez. What’s wrong with them.

Suho hyung looked at them with an arched eyebrow. He sighed and shrugged his shoulders. Haha, it’s okay hyung. It’s okay. I know what you feel.

Suho hyung was about to approach her when she stood up from her seat and faced us. All of us were quite shocked because the noise from her chair echoed all over the room. Damn, why am I nervous again?

She grabbed her blue backpack, cleaned her desk and placed her chair back; she even pulled down the hem of her skirt, wore her eyeglasses, and inhaled deeply. Wow. Am I watching a beautiful scenery? Because everything looks so… perfect.

The girl faced us again and slowly walked towards us. And hurriedly, the boys including me, stood up firmly and composed ourselves. If you’ll see us right now, we’re like nervous boyfriends waiting for their girlfriends for their first evening date. Damn this is hilarious.

She’s already in front of us, standing few inches away I suppose. I can’t count. We are staring at her, nervously. But we cannot clearly see her face because her head’s down facing the floor. And I bet no one from us will have the gut to start the conversation.

“U-uhm.” She hummed. “H-hello.” She greeted politely. “He-hello.” All of us greeted back too.

“Uhm… I would just like to welcome you here in our university. Although I know I’m already late, but I would still want to welcome you since it’s my job description. He-he. So…” D.O hyung cut her sentence. “Thank you for welcoming us and you don’t have to bother at all. But may I just request one thing?” he bravely said. All of us are looking at him right now. “Will you please look up at us? Th-there’s nothing wrong with your face… right?”

“And besides, it’s better to greet and welcome people if you’ll directly look at them.” Suho hyung added. All of us agreed in unison.

And slowly without any buts… she lifted her head up. “Now that’s much better.” Suho and D.O hyung said, then smiled at her. She smiled back. “So, your welcoming speech…?” Suho hyung reminded her.

“Oh! Yeah right. Uhm. Ehem!” She cleared . Aww, that is cute. “H-hello! Just like what I said earlier, it is my job description to welcome new students since I am the secretary.”

“Secretary of this class or the whole university?” Chanyeol hyung asked.

“Whole un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter