Ch. [31]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why do you think he wants him?” Kyuhyun’s father asked as everyone in the table looked at each other.

 

Donghae, Sungmin and Siwon looked at each other before sighing softly. “Well…,” Sungmin started nervously. “There’s a rumor in the Lee house… we think the head of the Lee’s intends to steal Kyuhyun’s powers and keep them for himself.”

 

Mrs. Cho frowned softly before turning to his husband. “Is that possible?”

 

“I don’t know,” Mr. Cho said. “I’ve never met someone with such capacity.

 

“Why would he need my powers?” Kyuhyun asked, frowning. “He can kill people at his wish, why would he want darkness by his side?”

 

Mr. and Mrs. Cho looked at each other before smiling softly, turning towards Kyuhyun. “Let me tell you a story,” Mr. Cho started.

 

Kyuhyun and Kangin looked at each other, not knowing what they meant and Hyukjae held Kyuhyun’s hand under the table, already tired of knowing way too much of his own family.

 

“When Sora was born,” Mr. Cho smiled at the lady who simply stood quiet. Junsu was still sleeping, so he didn’t have to be there. “The Lee’s announced the birth of the next heir of the house, which would be a girl with the power of Creation. She was described as the most beautiful girl that was ever born and the rumor of her ruling the entire world seemed to be more real after every year. That same year, we announced the birth of our first son, Hankyung, who would be the first heir of the house. A beautiful boy with the power of manipulate magnetism. Of course, we couldn’t report that after weeks and weeks of studying him since his powers wouldn’t be shown so soon,” he turned towards Mrs. Cho and held her hand firmly. “After two years, we declared the birth of our second son, Kangin and after some other years, we also announced Kyuhyun’s birth.”

 

“Just a month later, the Lee’s announced the birth of a small baby boy as the second heir of the head of the house,” Mrs. Cho continued. “No one reported his powers but we knew they had called him Hyukjae. After a few weeks, it was announced the power of the newly born was the ability of manipulate all the basic elements, as it had been a trend in the family already,” she sighed softly. “Just a day after that we found out about Kyuhyun’s powers, and we were obliged to report them and announce them to all the allies we had.”

 

“It was then that everything started getting worse,” Mr. Cho said. “Kyuhyun had the power to manipulate darkness, which is basically 90% of everything in the world… and that was only what we knew because he was just a few weeks old,” he said, turning to look at his son before looking at his wife apologetic. “But then the Lee’s announced each one of the heads of the house had discovered a new power in them. He could now control death and she could induce pain…”

 

“Rumors said it was Hyukjae who was born with such powers,” Mrs. Cho said, looking at the other. “We didn’t believe them, but we made sure to throw a shield force to him, just in case it was truth and his parents could actually steal his powers.”

 

“So it was you!” Hyukjae gasped loudly. “I- I had no idea…”

 

“We did it because it had been rumored that Sora had also been modified since she was an infant, but that they couldn’t get her powers for themselves,” Mr. Cho said. “Our ancestors recommended us to also protect Kyuhyun, since he had great powers.”

 

“If father wants Kyuhyun’s powers for himself,” Sora faced down, her face reflecting the mortification that was going through her mind at the moment. “Then… wants to-” she gasped loudly.

 

“Darkness is a whole other dimension,” Kyuhyun said, holding Hyukjae’s hand firmly. “If he happens to dominate it, he could easily call different creatures from it and control them at wish.”

 

“Not only that,” Sora said, worried. “I think he plans on ending with all his enemies and rule what’s rest of the world… He always told me the world would be mine and I would be god… that’s what he wants for himself.”

 

“But he cannot steal powers,” Hyukjae said. “How could he do so?”

 

“Aunt Jihyun,” Sungmin and Donghae said at the same time.

 

“We don’t know exactly what she’s capable of, but we know she’s powerful and can manipulate reality to her own wish…,” Donghae said, looking at Hyukjae. “We’ve seen it already.”

 

Hyukjae felt ashamed and looked away, smiling as Kyuhyun wrapped one of his arms around his shoulder. “Alright then,” Kyuhyun’s father said, standing up. “Sora and Junsu stay down in the basement. We’ll send guards and other things you may need for the next few days,” he said before turning towards Kyuhyun and Hyukjae. “You two stay in the mansion as well. We need you both well protected.”

 

“I can fight,” Hyukjae said.

 

“I can, too,” Kyuhyun insisted. “I’ve been practicing.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter