Ch. [29]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were thrown just barely outside the mansion, almost reaching the small forest that it followed. Kyuhyun groaned lowly as he fell down the rocks, feeling his own body giving up and not being able to do more than simply complain about the pain. He turned up to look how the others were doing and although they had been also slightly hurt from the fall, they didn’t complain at all.

 

“Hyung! Hurry!” Taemin said as he tried to pick Kyuhyun up. “We’re still too close of the mansion, we need to get into the Cho’s territory.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded slowly, but he didn’t have the strength to even move and as he could only open his eyes, he saw how Sora and the small boy stood up. The boy was crying softly, being consoled by the girl that carried him up into his arms and comforted him gently.

 

“I don’t think I can take you further,” Kyuhyun confessed, only being able to stand up with Taemin’s help.

 

“Hyung, you have to do it,” Taemin said, turning back because they could hear the guards approaching.

 

Sora stood in her place, not knowing where to go or what to do. She could only hug the boy in his arms and as the guards kept on approaching, her anxiousness increased as well.

 

“Sora!”

 

Everyone turned up to look at Hyukjae, hiding behind a few trees before going out at once, widening his eyes as he could finally see everyone safe. 

 

“Taemin, take Kyuhyun back, there’s a car waiting,” Hyukjae ordered and he turned towards his sister, holding her gently. He had no idea who the small boy was, but he didn’t want to feel even more useless and decided getting them into a safe place was a priority for now.

 

The boy was crying softly, hugging Sora will all his might as Hyukjae guided them towards Siwon’s SUV.

 

Kyuhyun was placed in the trunk of the truck, groaning in pain and almost not being able to move anymore for how much he had exhorted his own body in that battle.

 

The guards were starting to arrive and as soon as Sora and Taemin went up the car, Hyukjae went down, frowning in determination as he created a tall wall made of earth in between them, only allowing them to run away from a few seconds. He went up just before Siwon drove off and he stood with Kyuhyun in the back, taking care of the guards that were going after them.

 

Kyuhyun wasn’t even moving anymore and Hyukjae started feeling anxious as he too, started feeling weak.

 

He ghosted his fingers along his small wound on his cheek and realized Kyuhyun was losing too much energy. If he did, Hyukjae could also die. “Kyuhyun, wake up!” He begged, shaking his body. “Kyuhyun!”

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes widely as he looked down his body, falling on his as he coughed weakly. He turned to his abdomen and found a spear piercing his abdomen. He closed his eyes for a second before taking the spear out from his body, coughing softly and looking down at the quantity of blood that was going out from his body.

 

“Hyukjae!” Sungmin exclaimed, looking back. “Oh lord! Hyukjae!”

 

Hyukjae felt nauseous as he felt his energy running away from his body. He rested against the car as he saw the guards pilling behind them, ready to kill them all.

 

He looked down to see Kyuhyun by his side and he reached for the other’s hand, closing his eyes. “Don’t die, Kyuhyun,” he warned, looking how the guards were starting to create attacks with different techniques towards them.

 

The last thing Hyukjae could recognize before his eyes closed out of pain was the way Sungmin and Donghae went back as well to defend them.

 

…………………………..

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes slowly. He closed them again as he felt tiredness fall all over his body.

 

Opening his eyes once more, he found himself in a comfortable bed in a wide room, dark but still comfortable. He breathed in and out softly before contorting his face in pain and he took his hand down to his abdomen. He sighed softly.

 

He had never allowed anyone to hurt him like that and as soon as it happened, he fainted, letting Sungmin and Donghae do the entire job.

 

Hyukjae breathed in and out deeply and sat up, taking his free hand to his head because he felt dizzy. “Finally you’re awake,” a girl said with a bright smile. “Hello.”

 

Hyukjae raised his eyebrow and looked at the girl, pursing his lips tightly because he doesn’t remember seeing her before in his entire life. “I’m Sunhwa,” she said, taking a small chair closer to Hyukjae’s bed. “I’m a Cho ally,” she said before letting out a soft chuckle. “Actually, I’m the third in line to marry Kyuhyun if the other two fail.”

 

Hyukjae looked at the girl confused. He pursed his lips in a sudden annoyance and as soon as he was about to speak, he felt a pang of pain in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter