Ch. [23]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae sat down quietly. He had always been told he should be silent when being in his father’s library because the other had thinks to think about. He sighed softly as he turned towards the said man.

 

It had been months since the academy’s battle and it was the very first time he had seen the huge trophy that was now along the others in the library. He bit his lower lip slowly as he stood up and walked towards his father’s desk. He was only supposed to be there for the weekend and it was already ending. “Father,” he called as respectful as he could.

 

Hyukjae’s father looked up serious, nodding for his son to continue.

 

Hyukjae cleared his throat slightly before opening his mouth to speak again. “Father,” he repeated, staying standing because his father did not ask for him to do something else. “Is there something we have that belongs to the Cho’s?” He finally asked, feeling his heart beating way too fast for his own liking. “Something important for them? Or something they love?” He was trembling as he saw his father frown deeply and for a few seconds, he saw himself being executed.

 

“There is nothing we have that belongs to them,” his father said serious. “Where did you take that from?”

 

Hyukjae looked at his father. He was truly terrifying. “I-I… just-” He gulped loudly and tried to calm himself. “I just received a threat…,” he finally said. “That’s all…”

 

“Hyukjae,” his father’s voice was firm and he felt small. Way too small in front of that man. “Where did you take that from?” He repeated, this time his voice sounded threatening.

 

“Just a threat!” Hyukjae tried to convince the other. “From a Cho, when we were fighting in the battle.”

 

Hyukjae’s father stood up, frowning deeply as he let his belongings aside. “That is not something you hear in a battle,” he said. “Not with any kind of Cho.”

 

“I promise you, father,” Hyukjae said, stepping back as he heard the lock of the door placed. He felt his legs tremble in pure fear. “I just received a threat.”

 

“What have you been doing, Hyukjae?” His father asked, walking away from his desk and stepping closer to him.

 

Hyukjae gasped and opened his eyes widely, terrified as he stepped back. He could almost feel death embracing him. “Nothing, father,” he said, his voice trembling in nothing than pure fear, invading his whole system.

 

“Do not lie to me, Hyukjae,” his father said, his eyes were becoming red and Hyukjae shook horrified, trembling in fear as he tried his best to look for a way out.

 

A soft breeze made the windows closed and he looked up at his father, now so close to him he knew he couldn’t escape. “I’ve done nothing but protect the family, father,” he said, his voice sounding hoarse because of how scared he was. “I swear I haven’t!”

 

“I heard the rumors you were seen with the Cho first heir,” his eyes were bright red. It was too scaring for Hyukjae to be able to think clearly. “You know what we do to someone who doesn’t want to be part of the family.”

 

“This is my name, father!” Hyukjae said as he felt something embracing his thin body. He shivered at the sensation. “I’m a Lee!”

 

“If the Cho’s want something from us,” Hyukjae’s father said firmly, frowning deeply. “They’ll have to come get it,” he said. “But you,” he made a disgusted face. “Getting involved with a Cho.”

 

Hyukjae couldn’t even speak anymore. He had tears running down his face at how scared he was. His whole body was shaking, trembling at how horrified he felt. He tried shaking his head, denying it. Stepping back and run away wasn’t an option anymore and he couldn’t focus on using his powers to do so. He had never felt so much fear in his whole life.

 

“The Lee first heir will never get involved with a Cho.”

 

Hyukjae only gasped quietly, not being able to even say something as he lost his consciousness, feeling that embracing his whole body, making him as vulnerable as he had always been.

 

………………………..

 

“Siwon!” Sungmin went into his room hurriedly, looking around until he found his boyfriend resting in his small terrace.

 

Siwon smiled softly. “Yes, Min?”

 

Sungmin looked worried and Siwon knew something was wrong because Donghae entered just a second after him and Ryeowook as well, his eyes red and swollen. Siwon stood up and turned towards Sungmin, asking for an explanation. “Siwon,” the smaller called again.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Siwon was starting to get anxious.

 

“We haven’t seen Hyukjae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter