Chapter 8 - I'm Sorry

Found You

Dear, my beloved readers..

As I have said before, here.. a double update for you. Happy reading to you all.. ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung is wrong.

At first, he thought that he will be able to survive. He thought that he can wait for his hyung until forever. He thought that he won’t hurt his hyung. He thought that he is strong enough to handle his problem.

But, no. He is wrong.

He does hurt his hyung, because he can’t just wait for his hyung to remember him again. He feels like he can’t survive for any longer, and realize that he isn’t as strong as he thought.

“Hyung..”

“Yes, Tae?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“What’s that?”

“......”

Taehyung silents for a moment, feeling a bit hesitant wether to tell his question to the other or not.

“Tae? What’s wrong? Is there something bothering you?”

“Nothing, hyung. I just.. I just curious..”

“About what?”

“Mmm..”

“Just tell me, Tae. I’m listening..”

“Hyung.. do you remember the time when I played saxophone in front of the class?”

“Yes. I played along with you with the piano soon after.” Baekhyun nods his head as he remembers what he has done back then. “Were you mad at me at that time?”

“What?” Taehyung shocks. “Why do you think that I was mad at you?”

“I don’t know.. the way you look at me at that time, it’s just..” Baekhyun hangs his words, he doesn’t really know what to say.

“Honestly, I was shock at that time. I wasn’t expect you to know that melody and played along with me.”

“I was shock as well. I never played that melody before, but..”

“Are you sure you never played that melody before?”

Baekhyun stuns for a moment. He doesn’t remember ever played or even heard that melody before. That was his first time hearing that melody from Taehyung and the fact that he can harmonized it and played along with Taehyung was surprising him and makes him feel confuse as well. How can he did that? “Did I ever play that melody before? Maybe in my past?” Baekhyun asks more to himself.

“Hyung..” Taehyung begins to worry when he sees Baekhyun who seems to think too much.

“I can’t remember it, Tae..” Baekhyun shook his head desperately.

“It’s okay, hyung. You don’t have too..”

“Why can’t I remember it? I want to remember something from my past and maybe that melody.. that melody.. aaarrggh!!” Baekhyun’s words are cut by his own scream when he suddenly feels the pain in his head.

“Hyung! Are you okay?” Taehyung is panic as hell as he heard Baekhyun’s scream. “Please, don’t think too much, hyung..” His eyes begin to teary as Baekhyun keep groans in pain. “Chanyeol hyung.. Jungkookie.. help!!”

 

>>><<< 

 

“Do you feel better now, Baek?” Chanyeol is sitting on the edge of Baekhyun’s bed and carresses Baekhyun’s cheek tenderly as the other just nods his head to answer his question. “Take some rest then, I’m going to the living room. Jungkook and Taehyung are waiting there.” With that, Chanyeol gets up from the bed and turns his body towards the door.

“Chanyeol..”

“Yes, Baek?” Chanyeol turns his  head back to Baekhyun.

“Tell Taehyung that I’m fine.”

“I will, Baek. Don’t worry and just rest. I’ll be back, okay?”

“Okay.”

 

>>><<< 

 

The living room on the fifth floor looks quiet. There are only Jungkook and Taehyung who are sitting on the sofa. After Chanyeol and Jungkook went back to Chanyeol and Baekhyun shared room as soon as they heard Taehyung’s loud scream from the kitchen next to the living room – thanks for the close distance between the kitchen and the elders shared room – Jungkook decided to bring Taehyung out of the room and wait in the living room instead because damn, Taehyung himself didn’t look fine seeing his hyung groaned in pain like that.

“Will he be fine?”

“Of course, Tae..”

“That’s my fault.”

Jungkook sighs. He is about to say something to Taehyung when suddenly another voice is heard.

“No, Tae. That’s not your fault.”

It’s Chanyeol’s voice. That boy just came out from his room and now he is kneeling down in front of Taehyung.

“Chanyeol hyung..” Taehyung – who is resting his head on Jungkook’s shoulder – immediately straighten up his position. “How is Baek hyung? Is he fine? Is his head still hurt?” He begin to spill out all of his questions while shaking Chanyeol’s shoulder with his two hands.

“Wow.. wow.. calm down, kid.” Chanyeol takes Taehyung’s hands out of his shoulders and holds them with his own hands. “Look, Baekhyun wants me to tell you that he is fine.”

“Is he really fine now?”

“Yes. Don’t worry, Tae.. he is really fine now. He has take his medicine and he just need to rest.”

“I’m sorry, hyung. It’s my fault..” Taehyung  bows his head down. He can feels Jungkook hand on his back, rubs it back and forth while Chanyeol’s thumbs make a circle pattern on the back of his palms in attemp to comfort him. “I broke my promise to you. I’ve make Baek hyung hurt himself. I’m sorry, hyung.. I can’t keep my promise, I-“

“Enough, Taehyung.” Chanyeol demands him to stop. “I know it’s hard for you.. and Baekhyun too. Right, Jungkook? Maybe it’s even harder than we actually thought..”

“Yes, Tae.. Chanyeol hyung is right.” Jungkook nods his head in agreement.

“We know that you really wants Baekhyun to get his memory back. And we, especially me, also know how Baekhyun wants it too. He wants it so bad that sometime he just let himself being hurt. So, stop blaming yourself, okay? That’s not your fault, Tae..” Chanyeol raises his right hand to caresses Taehyung’s cheek softly while giving the younger an ear to ear smile. He feels relief when he sees Taehyung follows his gesture. “Wanna come inside to see your hyung?” He asks, and receives a nod as a reply.

 

>>><<< 

 

Jungkook stands beside Baekhyun’s bed, Taehyung’s shoulder who is sitting on the edge of the bed. Next to him, Chanyeol is standing too as he tries reassuring Taehyung again and again.

“You see? He is fine now. Don’t worry, Tae..”

“Yes, Tae.. Let’s go back to our room. You need to rest too..” Jungkook adds.

“Okay, Kookie..” Taehyung replies. He leans his body closer to Baekhyun who is sleeping peacefully on his bed and plants a soft peck on his hyung’s forehead. “Get well soon, Baek hyung..” He whispers to the sleeping Baekhyun and then gets up from the bed. “Let’s go, Kookie..”

Jungkook reaches his hand to Taehyung. “Come on..”

Taehyung holds Jungkook’s hand and before they make their way toward the door, Taehyung turns his head to Chanyeol. “Hyung..”

“I’ll take care of your hyung, Tae.” Chanyeol says, as if he already know what Taehyung is going to say.

“Thanks, hyung.”

“Anytime, Taehyung..” Chanyeol ruffles Taehyung’s hair softly then do the same thing to Jungkook’s. “And for you, Jungkook.. you have the responsibility to not let this kid cries all night long.”

“I won’t do that, hyung..” The reply comes from Taehyung who is now pouting at the elder, making Chanyeol and Jungkook chuckle quietly.

“Don’t worry, hyung.. I won’t let him do that though.” Jungkook grins.

“Good.” Chanyeol gives Jungkook a thumb up.

“Okay, we are leaving now. Bye, hyung..” Jungkook pulls Taehyung’s hand that is holding onto his own and leads him toward the door.

“Good night, hyung..” Taehyung waves his other hand as he let himself to be led by Jungkook.

“Good night, kids.”

 

>>><<< 

 

Taehyung and Jungkook lay their body on their beds, Jungkook’s right hand is holding Taehyung’s left hand as the both of them stare at the ceiling.

“Jungkookie..”

“Hhmm..?”

"Do I look pathetic?”

Jungkook turns his gaze to the right upon hearing the question, looking straight at Taehyung who still stares at the ceiling. “Do you feel like that?” He questions back.

“Kind of.. “ Taehyung replies quietly.

“Look at me, Tae..” Jungkook demands as he turns their body to the side so they are facing each others now. “I know you don’t like to show your sadness nor your weak side in front of the others, even in front of me. I know you want to look as strong as stone, as carefree as a happy child, like nothing can make you down, nothing can make you fall. But you can’t just hide and keep all of your sadness by yourself, Tae.. It’s not good for yourself, especially for your heart.”

“I know that..”

“Of course you know that. You are the one who told me that thing. Isn’t your heart aching so much when you bear all of your sadness all alone?”

“Hhmm.” Taehyung just hums in response.

“Then don’t do that again. It’s okay to be weak sometimes.. It’s okay to share your sadness with me and cry in front of me. I’ve shared all of my sadness to you and cried alot in front of you though. Didn’t I look more pathetic?”

“No.” Taehyung shook his head.

“See? So are you, Tae..”

Taehyung smiles as he reaches his free hand – his other hand still holding  Jungkook’s – to Jungkook’a head. “My chubby bunny kid has grow up.” He says as he Jungkook’s hair tenderly.

“Of course, I’m a man now.” Jungkook says proudly.

“You still a boy, you know?”

“Yah, hyuunngg..!!” Jungkook whines.

“See?” Taehyung grins.

“Yah! Kim Tae-“ Jungkook is being cut by Taehyung’s action as the elder boy pulls him closer into his embrace.

“Let’s make that big and strong shield and then go to sleep.” Taehyung’s voice is deep and so soft in Jungkook’s ear. He giggles quietly and then put his arms around the elder’s body, hugging him back with smile on his face.

“As you wish, my alien Taetae..”

 

>>><<< 

 

“Let’s go on vacation..” Chanyeol says cheerfully as he munches his lunch.

“That’s a good idea, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun nods his head in excitement. “And you two are going to go with us.” He adds while pointing his chopsticks that he holds in his hand to Taehyung and Jungkook.

“But, hyung..” Taehyung seems want to complain. “.. you haven’t really recovered.”

“I’m fine now, Taetae.” Baekhyun reaches for Taehyung’s hand, trying to relieve his doubtfulness. “That pain in my head has gone since two days ago. So stop worrying me.. and stop blaming yourself or else, I’ll go mad at you..”

“I’m sorry, hyung..” Taehyung pouts and keeps his head down while continues munching his own lunch.

“Your apologize will be accepted if you two agree to go with us.” Baekhyun grins widely as he sees Taehyung pouts even more. “So? Yes or okay?” He raises one of his eyebrow as he wait the younger to give him an answer.

“Can we say no to them?” Taehyung asks Jungkook and receive a ‘No, we can’t’ from the youngest and then sighs heavily before he answers, Okay, hyung.. yes.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol show a satisfied smile as they do a high five. They seem to be so happy and immediately make a plan for their vacation. If only they know what will happen  on their vacation latter.