Chapter 4 - Forgotten Memory

Found You

No.. no.. please.. no.. please.. NOOO!!!

Taehyung shocked out of his sleep. He is panting hardly and his forehead is covered by sweat. He palms his face with both of his hands. Why is this happening again? Why does that nightmare comeback again? At a time like this.. in the first night he goes back to Seoul, in his first night he sleeps in the dorm with Jungkook.

“It’s okay, Tae. You are fine. You will be fine.” Taehyung mumbles to himself, trying to comfort himself since his grandfather – who always comforts him by saying that words – isn’t there with him. This isn’t the first time to Taehyung, but that dream always makes him fear. As if it continues to haunt him.

“Taehyung..”

Taehyung freezes for a moment when he hears a voices from the bed beside his own. “Jungkook, are you awake?” He turns his head to Jungkook and there he sees the latter’s sleepy eyes that is looking straight to him.

“Hhmm..” Jungkook’s voice sounds hoarse. “What’s wrong, Tae?”

“No-nothing’s wrong..” Taehyung stutters.

“Then why are you awake in the middle of the night like this?” Jungkook seems so curious and it makes Taehyung a little bit afraid. He just doesn’t want Jungkook knows if he has a nightmare. “Tae?”

“I just.. I’m thirsty.”

“Thirsty?” Jungkook frowns, then gets up from his bed and goes to the other side of their shared room.

“What are you doing?” Taehyung immediately sits on the edge of his bed, looking at the other who is grabbing two bottles of water from the cabinet.

“Here.” Jungkook hands him one of the bottle and drinks the water from the other bottle in his hand.

“You don’t have to do this to me, I can do it by myself.”

“It’s okay, I’m thirsty too..” Jungkook grins widely. “By the way, you are welcome, Tae.”

“Huh? Oh.. thanks, Jungkook.” Taehyung rubs his nape while smiling awkwardly.

“Yah! Why are you so nervous?” Jungkook punches Taehyung’s arm with his now empty bottle. “Just drink it and then going back to sleep.”

Taehyung chuckles softly and then gulping down the water while Jungkook stares at him, waiting him to finish his drink. Once his bottle is empty, he shows it to Jungkook and the latter pats his head lightly.

“Good boy..” Jungkook says with his contrived deep voice that makes Taehyung laughs because it sounds funny for him.

“Your cute face is really not suitable with that deep voice you made.”

“Do you think your own cute face is suitable with your deep voice?”

“Yah! It comes naturally like that..” Taehyung pouts. “I didn’t do that on purpose.”

“I know.. I know.. that’s why you actually looks cuter for me.”

“You are cute too, you know?” Taehyung pinches Jungkook’s cheeks and continue to says, “..with this chubby cheeks you have, and that adorable bunny teeth.. you really look cute. But you always act cool all the time.”

“I like being cool..”

“Yeah.. whatever, Mr. Cool.”

It’s Jungkook turns to laugh, and of course it makes Taehyung to laugh too. Jungkook feels relief by hearing Taehyung’s laugh, because when he woke up earlier, he notices that Taehyung’s face looked terrible. It’s like the latter just has a nightmare. Jungkook wants to ask him, but it seems like Taehyung doesn’t want to share it.

“We have to going back to sleep, Tae.”

“Yes, let’s sleep now.”

Finally, they lay their body back on their bed. Jungkook turns his body to Taehyung’s direction and so does Taehyung.

“Good night, Tae. Have a nice dream.”

“Good night. Have a nice dream too.”

Taehyung closes his eyes, trying to sleep again while hoping for that nightmare to not comeback again. In the other bed, Jungkook still opens his eyes, watching the elder who slowly begin to fall asleep peacefully.

 

>>><<< 

 

Baekhyun is washing his hand when someone comes out from the toilet behind him.

“Taehyung?”

Baekhyun narrows his eyebrow when he heard that voice. Is that person calling for someone? Who? Is it him? Because nobody else there. But.. he said Taehyung. Who is Taehyung?

Curiousity makes Baekhyun lifts his head to looks at that person through the reflection from the mirror in front of him. There is a boy who seems younger than himself. But who is he? Baekhyun doesn’t know him at all.

“Excuse me?”

“Oh my God.” That boy looks at him in surprise. “I-I’m sorry. I thought you were my friend. Your face looks similar with him.”

“Do you mean with Taehyung?” Baekhyun asks while turning his body to the other’s direction.

“Yes. His name is Taehyung.. Kim Taehyung.”

“And your own name is?”

“Ju-Jungkook. My name is Jungkook.. Jeon Jungkook.” That boy answers Baekhyun’s question while keep his head down. He looks so nervous. “I.. I'm so sorry..”

“No.. it’s okay, Jungkook.” Baekhyun immediately replies while shook his head. “ I haven’t seen you here before. Are you a freshman?”

“Yes, I’m. Ho-how about you?”

Baekhyun chuckles softly because Jungkook’s nervous face and his stutter are really cute. “I hope this is really my last year in this academy.” He replies again with a smile in his face.

“Ooh, so.. you are my senior. I-I’m sorry, sunbaenim.”

“Yah, you don’t need to apologize.” Baekhyun pats Jungkook’s shoulder softly. “It’s nice to meet you, Jungkook.”

“Nice to meet you too, sunbaenim.”

 

>>><<< 

 

Jungkook drops his head on the desk with both of his hands folded around his head. “Oh my God, what was I just doing?” He mumbles to himself.

Taehyung – who is sitting beside him while reading his beloved manga – frowns as he heard Jungkook’s voice. “What’s wrong, Kookie?” Taehyung asks softly while playing with Jungkook’s hair.

“Tae..” Jungkook tilts his head and looks at Taehyung.

“Hhmm?”

“I think I just did something stupid.”

“What did you do?”

Jungkook sighs and then moves from his position to leans his back againts the back of the chair. “I met someone, a senior to be exact..” He starts storytelling. “I saw him when I came out from the toilet.”

“And then?”

“He really looked like you, Tae. So, I called him by your name, but of course he wasn’t you. I feel highly ashamed.”

Taehyung pats Jungkook’s head and then caresses the younger’s hair tenderly. He knows that Jungkook must be very embarrassed toward that senior. He is really a shy boy.

“Does he really look like me?”

“Yeah, even his smile is similar with yours. He has that rectangular smile too..”

“Really?” Taehyung looks quite surprised. “But who is he?”

Jungkook startled for a moment. “Oh my God..”

“What else?”

“I forgot to asks his name.”

 

>>><<< 

 

“What are you thinking about, Baek?” Chanyeol asks Baekhyun who is sitting next to him, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Taehyung..”

“Taehyung? Who is he?” Chanyeol frowns. He never heard Baekhyun calling that name before.

“I don’t know, but that name doesn’t seem strange for me.”

Chanyeol frowns even more. “Is there something wrong, Baek?”

“No.. no.. I just met Jungkook and he thought I was Taehyung.”

“Jungkook?” Chanyeol looks more confuse. First Taehyung, and now Jungkook. Who the hell are they?

As if he can reads Chanyeol’s mind, Baekhyun explains it further. “Jungkook is a freshman who I met in the toilet. Taehyung is his friend and he said that I look like him.”

“You look like Taehyung?”

“Yeah. I don’t know who Taehyung is, but his name sounds familiar. And Jungkook.. it seems like I have met him before.”

Chanyeol just nods his head. Suddenly something crosses his mind. Maybe Taehyung and Jungkook have a connection with Baekhyun’s past. Maybe Baekhyun really knew them before.

“Aah!!” Baekhyun screams loudly, shocking Chanyeol who is still busy with his own thought.

“What? Why?”

“I remember now..”

“You remember?” Chanyeol raises his eyebrow. Does Baekhyun already remember his past? Can it happen so easily?

“Yes. I remember I’ve seen Jungkook before.. near the ice cream shop we went yesterday.” Baekhyun explains it excitedly. “Do you remember that two boys who remainds me of us?”

“Yeah..?” Chanyeol looks hesitate.

“One of them was Jungkook, and the other one must be Taehyung. I didn’t see his face because he was bending down, but I heard Jungkook called him Taehyung.”

“Ooh..” Chanyeol nods his head again, knowing that Taehyung and Jungkook don’t have any connection with Baekhyun’s past.

 

>>><<< 

 

“There’s no empty table left for us, Baek.”

Baekhyun glances around the cafeteria as Chanyeol informs him while carrying  a tray that containing their lunch. A small grin slips from his face when his eyes catches a sight of someone he knew.

“Hey, Chanyeol.. you don’t mind if we join our junior for lunch, do you?”

“Junior? Who?”

“Since I only know one person for now..” Baekhyun begin to walks to one of the table in the other side of the cafeteria. There’s a boy who is sitting alone with meals arranged on the table. “Let’s have a lunch with Jungkook.”

 

>>><<< 

 

“This is my friend.. Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol.”

Jungkook nods his head and smiles nervously as the senior he has met yesterday in the toilet introducing his friend – a really tall friend, Jungkook thought – to him. “Nice to meet you, Chanyeol sunbaenim.” He manages to greet him without having a stutter.

“Nice to meet you too, Jungkook.” That tall boy replies and then smiling from ear to ear. “We are really sorry for disturbing your lunch time.”

“No, it’s okay.” Jungkook smiles back and hoping that his smile doesn’t look awkward. He is so nervous right now because there are two seniors sitting in front of him.

“Are you alone? Where is your friend?”

“My friend? Do you mean Taehyung?” Jungkook asks the shorter senior.

“Yes. I’m so curious about him. Do I really look like him? But since I’m older than him, it has to be him that looks like me.”

Jungkook wants to chuckle but he tries to keep it. So, he just smiles before answering the question. “He is going to get softdrink for us.”

“Oh, I hope he will comeback soon. I really want to meet him.”

Jungkook just smiles again. He also really hope Taehyung will comeback soon. He needs Taehyung to accompany him with this two seniors. Jungkook glances around the cafeteria and finally he finds his cutie alien hyung. “He is back.” Jungkook’s smile goes wider as he waves his hand to Taehyung.

 

>>><<< 

 

Taehyung is grinning widely as he sees Jungkook smiles while waving his hand from his seat. He quickened his pace to the place where Jungkook is waiting him and realize that the younger isn’t sitting alone at there. There is two other persons who is sitting in front of Jungkook. Taehyung can’t see their face since he is facing their back. Who are they? Is Jungkook finally able to make a new friend by himself?

“Come here, Tae..” Jungkook asks Taehyung to sit beside him since the seat he was sitting earlier is now occupied by someone else. It is when he finally puts the softdrink on the table and sit next to Jungkook that he is able to see the face of two persons who is sitting in front of them. And his facial expression suddenly changes after that. “They are our seniors, Tae..” He barely hears Jungkook’s voice. His gaze glued on a certain person right in front of him. “..this is Chanyeol sunbaenim, and this is...”

‘Baekhyun.’

“I think I haven’t introduce myself to you. Sorry, Jungkook.” Taehyung can feels his heart beating very fast as he hears that voice. Is that him? Is that really him? “I’m Baekhyun.. Byun Baekhyun.”

And Taehyung heart suddenly stops beating, or at least he feels like that. It hurts and so suffocating. He hates to have such that feelings in his heart, because of that face, because of that name. “Byun.. Baekhyun?” He forces himself to recall that name with slightly shaky voice.

“Yep. And you are Taehyung, right? You really look like me, or in Jungkooks’s version is I really look like you.”

“Yes, I think so..” Taehyung tries to smile like he always did, but he fails. It’s too hard for him. That face.. that name.. and the reality he has to face..

‘He isn’t him.. he isn’t my Baekhyun.’