Chapter 1 - Kim Taehyung

Found You

It has been five years since Jungkook met him for the first time. Kim Taehyung. A cute, frisky and attractive boy who lived right next to his new house. At that time, he has just moved there with his parents, and Taehyung was his first friend and become the only bestfriend he had. They were in the same grade at school, so Jungkook initially thought if Taehyung was in the same age with him, or at least a year older than him since he started school a year earlier than he should. But no, Taehyung was two years older than him. Jungkook knew that from Taehyung’s grandfather. He told Jungkook that Taehyung had to postpone his school for a year because of the accident he experienced seven years ago, two years before their first encounter.

“Are you sure the dormitory staff will let the students choose their own roommate?”

“Yes.”

“Really?”

“Double yes yes.”

Jungkook smiles with relief upon hearing that answers. The answers that he wants to hear, the answers that he was indeed expected.

“Are you really happy knowing that?”

Jungkook just nods his head as he continue to put a smile on his face, while his hands are still busy putting clothes into a suitcase.

“Does that also mean that you're really glad because you can choose to be a roommate with me?”

"How do you know?" Jungkook pretends to look surprised.

"Yah! You think how long I know you?"

"Five years."

"And you think I still do not understand how your character?"

Jungkook just shrugs his shoulders, this time pretending to look cool.

"Jeon Jungkook, five years is more than enough for me to know you very well. Very, very well.”

“I know that, Kim Taehyung. That’s why I really glad that I can stay with you until now. You always treated me well since the first time we met and you really know me so well. I really glad to be friend with you.”

“And you are really really really so sweet this time.”

Jungkook shows his smile again when the other ruffling his hair playfully. He always like the way Taehyung ruffled his hair. He never mind if his hair get messy because of what Taehyung does. Beside, Taehyung always shows his precious rectangular smile while giggling happily that can makes him happy too.

“And you are really really really cute as always.”

“You are younger than me. You are the one who supposed to be cute.”

“But you are too cute. How can I emulate it?”

“Whatever..”

Jungkook laughs cheerfully while Taehyung looks annoyed. But Jungkook knows if Taehyung just pretends to get annoyed because in the next second Taehyung laughter breaks along with his own laugh.

“Don’t you get bored with me?”

Suddenly, a question that Jungkook had never expect will come out from Taehyung mouth is heard by his ears. “Do you get bored with me?” Jungkook asks him back. His face really looks surprised for this time. Why did Taehyung ask him like that? Is that what Taehyung actually feels toward him?

“It’s not like that. It just that we were always together since our first encounter. We were always be a classmate in school. We are going to study in the same academy and you just tell me that you want to be a roommate with me.”

“Don’t you want to be my roommate?” Jungkook asks him again anxiously.

“Yah! I told you it’s not like that. Please, don’t get it wrong. Of course I feel really happy to be a roommate with you. I just think.. don’t you want to make a new friends? I mean.. so far, you were always with me and only occasionally hang out with other friends, and still.. I was there with you.”

“You know that I’m not like you, Tae. I can’t easily get along with anyone.”

“You can’t or you don’t want to?”

“Probably both, I don’t want to because I can’t.”

Jungkook sighs. He is aware of his shortcomings. Jeon Jungkook, a shy boy who have difficulty to get along, especially with new surrounding and new people. It’s contrast with Taehyung, who is very attractive and easy going. Taehyung can easily become close even with people that he just knew, while Jungkook can’t be like that.

That’s why Jungkook is grateful for having met with Taehyung. Jungkook is grateful because the latter never give up to be friend with him, to be get to know him more. Taehyung never stopped engage him in conversation, although at the beginning of their meeting all Jungkook did was just answering briefly any questions that Taehyung asked him, more than that he only listened to whatever Taehyung told him while occasionally nodding or shaking his head awkwardly in response. Taehyung never stopped asking him to play together, although what Jungkook did back then was just watching Taehyung who played happily. Taehyung never give up until Jungkook could open himself and stopped being awkward in front of Taehyung.

“It’s okay, you still have me. I always be by your side.”

Jungkook smiles again. Taehyung is right. That said boy was always be by his side, to help and protect him since their first encounter. Taehyung was there to save him when he get bullied by other students. Taehyung was there to help him bring all of the books their teacher asked him to placed in the office. Taehyung was there to carry him home on his back when he fell from his bike. Taehyung was there to comfort him when he cried for failing a b boy dance competition. Taehyung was always there for him.

“Thank you.” Jungkook directs his gaze on Taehyung. “So, does it mean that you accept me to be your roommate?”

“Of course! Triple yes yes yes!”

“I love you, hyung.”

Jungkook squeals cheerfully as he rush into Taehyung’s arms and put his own arms around the elder’s waist. Taehyung hugs him back lovingly while his left hand hit Jungkook’s head lightly.

“I have told you to not call me hyung. Let’s just pretend that I’m not older than you. We are in the same grade anyway.”

“Whatever. I love you so much, my cutie alien hyung.” Jungkook doesn’t seems to listen what Taehyung has said to him earlier and the latter seems to just let it go.

“Whatever. I love you too, my stubborn chubby bunny Kookie.”

Jungkook can hears Taehyung giggling cheerfully along with his body that swings to the left and right in Taehyung’s arms. He closes his eyes and smiles happily, let his body being swayed by Taehyung. It feels good to share their happiness to each other.