Chapter 5 - Missing You

Found You

“Do you already asleep, Baek?” Chanyeol turns his gaze to Baekhyun who is laying down on his bed, eyes closes and arms hug the pillow lightly.

“Hhhmm..” The other boy just hums in respons, too sleepy to even say a word.

Chanyeol smiles and moves from his desk, approaching Baekhyun’s bed to wrap the latter’s body with a blanket. “Good night, Baek.” He says softly before goes to his own bed and wraping himself with a blanket.

“Good night, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol hears Baekhyun’s sleepy voice, almost like a whisper. He turns his body to the latter’s direction just to see the same view. Baekhyun is still in the same position, eyes closes, arms hug the pillow, and a blanket that pulled up to his neck. Chanyeol stares to the sleeping Baekhyun and suddenly he remembers a certain person.

Kim Taehyung.

Chanyeol doesn’t really sure, but there is something in Taehyung’s eyes when that boy looked at Baekhyun. Something like.. longing.. and hope.. and.. he just doesn’t sure, but the way Taehyung looked at Baekhyun seems different. Or maybe, it is just his feelings.

He doesn’t know..

 

>>><<< 

 

“Uugghh..!!”

Jungkook stretches his body that feels stiff after being in the same position for a long time. He glances at the clock hanging on the wall and realizes that he must be too busy playing the game in his cell phone until he lost track of time. Next to his bed, Taehyung is already asleep in his own bed. He decides to sleep too but he needs to go to the bathroom first. After he finish, he comesback from the bathroom, wants to go back to his bed when suddenly the sound of Taehyung’s voice reached his ears.

“Don’t go..”

Jungkook immediately turns his gaze to Taehyung. That boy is moving restlessly on his bed. His eyes still close as his mouth mumbling something. Is he delirious?

“Tae?” Jungkook makes his way towards Taehyung and then sits at the edge of Taehyung’s bed. From there, he can see clearly that Taehyung is crying. “What happen to you, Taehyungie?” Jungkook places his hand on Taehyung’s cheek. He doesn’t really know what to do. Is Taehyung already consious? Should he really wake him up?

“Don’t leave me..”

Taehyung is mumbling again, hand outstretched, as if trying to reach something. A tear falls again from his closed eyes, rolling down his already wet cheeks, drenching Jungkook’s hand that is on there.

‘Are you having a nightmare, Tae?’

Jungkook wipes the tears away tenderly when suddenly he feels his body being pulled to the front. Taehyung is grabbing his t-shirt and gripping it tightly, pulling Jungkook’s body towards him.

“Taehyung..” Jungkook tries to wake him up, but Taehyung’s eyes reminds closed while his mouth keep mumbling something.

“Please.. don’t go.. don’t leave me alone..”

Jungkook lays his body next to Taehyung and puts his arms around the latter’s trembling body, hugging him gently while trying to calm him down.

“Sshh.. I’m here, Tae. I won’t go.. I won’t leave you too. So please, stop crying..” Jungkook whispers into Taehyung’s ear. Even though he doesn’t know to who those Taehyung’s words is directed, but he decides to say that words in attemp to calm him down.

“Stay here.. I don’t want to be alone..”

“I will, just stop crying and sleep well.” Jungkook carreses Taehyung’s head that is resting on his chest.  After a while, he can feels Taehyung’s breath begin to stable and Taehyung’s grip on his t-shirt begin to slacken. It looks like the nightmare was gone and Taehyung get back to sleep peacefully. “You are not alone, Tae. I’m with you..”

And Jungkook really means it. He stays on Taehyung’s bed, hugging the elder for the rest of the night.

 

>>><<< 

 

Jungkook wakes up in the next morning with a sight of the sleeping Taehyung next to him, mouth slightly open and arm still clutching Jungkook’s t-shirt since last night. He moves his hand that is on Taehyung’s waist to carresing the elders hair.

“I have said to you that I won’t go and leave you alone. Don’t you believe me, Taehyungie? Was your nightmare really that bad?” He says quietly to the sleeping boy as he looks at the arm on his t-shirt. He removes Taehyung’s grip from his t-shirt carefully, not wanting to wake the sleeping boy. Since it’s still early in the morning, he decides to let Taehyung sleep for a little longer while he himself gets up from Taehyung’s bed and go to the bathroom to take a shower.

When Jungkook finish his shower, Taehyung is already awake. The latter just sits on his bed while occasionally rubs his eyes and blinks for several time.

“Are you awake, Tae?” Jungkook asks him softly.

“Hhmm..” Taehyung rubs his eyes and then blinks again. Jungkook can't help but chuckles quietly. Taehyung looks so cute when he rubs and blinks his puffy eyes.

“What’s wrong? Why are you keep rubbing and blinking your eyes?”

“My eyes.. It’s like something happen with my eyes.” Taehyung grabs his cell phone from the nightstand and uses the screen as a mirror. “They’re swollen!!” He shouts as he pointing his puffy eyes to Jungkook innocently.

Of course, Jungkook already knows it. He also knows the causes of Taehyung’s puffy eyes. But.. does Taehyung not remember that he was crying last night? Should he let him know what has happened last night?

“Look, Kookie..”

“I know, Tae.. I see it.” Jungkook nods his head as he takes Taehyung’s hands away from his eyes. “Just stop rubbing your eyes and go take a shower, maybe it will look better after you wash your face.” He decides to not tell the elder about what has happened last night. He doesn’t want to make Taehyung feels uncomfotable. He knows that Taehyung never let himself to looked weak in front of him. Taehyung never cry even just for once in front of him. Taehyung always be the one who did the protecting and comforting.

“Really? Will this disappear?” Taehyung points his eyes again with his finger.

“Do you want your eyes to disappear?” Jungkook tries to make some joke.

“Yah! It’s not funny. I’ll go take a shower..” Taehyung hits Jungkook’s hand lightly before going to the bathroom. Jungkook just giggles softly. At least, Taehyung has back to be his  cutie alien hyung.

 

>>><<< 

 

Taehyung stares at his reflection in the mirror. What actually has happened last night? He remembers that he had another nightmare. He was so scared and cried hardly. But, did he really cry for real? He touches his puffy eyes and wondering if his eyes become the way they are now because he was crying last night. If he really did, then.. did Jungkook know that he was crying? Then why didn’t he say something to him?

Taehyung sighs as he ruffles his already messy hair. He feels something odd. Although he had a nightmare last night, but he felt like there was something that made him calmed down. Something that made him feel safe and comfortable. He didn’t even wake up at night like it usually happens.

“Tae..!!” Jungkook’s sound surprising Taehyung who is busy with his own thoughts. “Hurry up! Or we’ll be late..”

Taehyung realizes that since he stepped into the bathroom he just kept standing in front of a mirror. “I know, Kookie..!” He shouts a reply as he hurriedly take a quick shower.

 

>>><<< 

 

“Wow! Kim Taehyung, you looks cute with that eyeglasses.”

Taehyung – who is wearing eyeglasses today in attemp to hide his puffy eyes, because Jungkook’s theory doesn’t work at all – stands still at the doorway of his class, gaze fixed on the figure of senior who is sitting in front of the class with guitar on his lap.

“He already cute even without that eyeglasses, Chanyeol.” Another senior comes to the class, talking and walking to the said senior who is already in the room. He smiles brightly at Taehyung before turning his gaze to Jungkook – who also stands still next to Taehyung – as he says, “..and your confuse face is as cute as always, Jungkook.”

“Are we going to the wrong class?” Jungkook asks Taehyung quietly after giving an awkward smile to the seniors while Taehyung just staring blankly at that two seniors.

“No, you aren’t. Me and Baekhyun are here because the teacher asked us. So, don’t hesitate to enter this room.” Chanyeol replies for Jungkook’s question and then grinning from ear to ear.

Finally, Taehyung and Jungkook enter their classroom. At that time, no other students are coming and there's only the two of them together with Baekhyun and Chanyeol which seem to discussing something. Taehyung just keeps silent. Jungkook feels a little anxious because for God’s sake, Kim Taehyung who he knew for five years could never be 'just kept silent’ for a long time. What is actually happening to Taehyung?

“Tae..”

“......”

“Taetae?” Jungkook even calls Taehyung’s nickname and touches his arm softly, making the latter startled. “What happen to you, Taehyungie? Are you sick?” Jungkook is about to placing his palm on Taehyung’s forehead but the latter immediately stops him.

“No-nothing. I’m fine, Kookie..” Taehyung smiles, but Jungkook doesn’t find that precious rectangular smile in the smile Taehyung shows to him. He wants to ask him more, but Taehyung seems too busy with his own though.

After a while, the other students begin to appear one by one, followed by their teacher, Mr. Yong, who went straight to Baekhyun and Chanyeol who had been sitting in front of the class. They talk for a while before finally Mr. Yong announces to the class that they are there to helping him. And the meaning of ‘to helping him’ is to play a certain melodies that he explained to the class previously – Chanyeol with the guitar in his lap, and Baekhyun with the piano that placed in the corner of the room.

“Is there anyone here who want to try?” Mr. Yong asks to the whole class but nobody says anything. “With the guitar or piano or..” he pauses for a moment to take a look at the other corner of the room. “..ah, we have saxophone over there.” He walks to the corner to bring that saxophone. “Is there anyone here who can play saxophone?”

“Tae, you can play that one..” Jungkook whispers to Taehyung as quiet as he can.

“Ooh.. Kim Taehyung, do you want to try?” Well, maybe Jungkook’s whisper isn’t quiet enough for Mr. Yong to not hear that. “Come on, don’t be shy.”

Inevitably, Taehyung makes his way toward Mr. Yong and accept the saxophone from his teacher’s hand. He glares at Jongkook who has a wide smile – that shows his cutie bunny teeth – on his face. Owh, how can he get mad at his chubby bunny Kookie?

“Come on, Taehyung. Show us your talent with that saxophone.” Mr. Yong speaks again.

Taehyung thinks for a while about the melody he is going to play and decides to play the one he frequently played back then. He sighs deeply and then starting to play the melody with the saxophone in his hand. Everyone seems to enjoying his solo performance when suddenly the sound of piano accompanying his performance.

It’s Baekhyun.. that senior.. Byun Baekhyun.

Taehyung feels his heart beats faster than usually, too fast that it hurts him. He directs his gaze to Baekhyun who now plays along with him. A question fills his mind..

‘How do you know this melody, Byun Baekhyun?’

 

>>><<< 

 

Buzz.. Buzz..

Jungkook reaches his cell phone that is lying on the bed. He looks at the screen only to find it on standby mode. Then, whose phone is buzzing?

Buzz.. Buzz..

It is Taehyung’s. His phone’s screen indicating an incoming call from his grandfather.

“Tae..!” Jungkook shouts to Taehyung who is taking a shower. “Harabeoji calls you!”

“Just pick it up, Kookie. Talk with him for a while.”

“Okay!” Jungkook shouts back before picking up the phone for Taehyung. “Hello, harabeoji. It’s me, Jungkook.” He says to the said person in the other line.

“Oh, Jungkookie. Where is Taehyung?”

“He is taking a shower. How are you, harabeoji?”

“I’m fine. How about you and Taehyungie? Are you fine staying there?”

“We are fine, harabeoji..”

“That’s good.” Jungkook can hears the sound of relief from the other’s voice. “Actually, I’m a little bit worry about Taehyung.”

“He is fine, harabeoji.” Jungkook tries to reassuring him, although he actually has a feeling that something has happened to Taehyung.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Yes, of course. What is that, harabeoji?”

“You share a room with Taehyung, right? You sleep in the same room with him. Do you know if Taehyung has a nightmare?”

“Nightmare?” Jungkook stuns for a moment. Suddenly, he remembers what has happened las night. “It seems like he has a nightmare last night, he even cried in his sleep. And another night before I saw him awake in the middle of the night with a pale and terrible face.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yes. Did he often have a nightmare?” Jungkook asks him back.

“Yes, he did. He never told you about that?”

“Never..”

“He often has a nightmare about that accident seven years ago. Did he mention Baekhyun in his dream?”

‘Baekhyun?’

Jungkook stuns again. Who is that Baekhyun? Is that the same person with Baekhyun he knew? What kind of connection between that name and Taehyung’s nightmare?

“Who is Baekhyun, harabeoji?”

“Baekhyun is his older brother’s name..”                                                                                                      

“What!?”