{six of six}

Leap Of Faith

=== KEY’S POV === 

If my memory serves me right, It has been two eeks since the worst day of my Life. Before Him, the worst part of my Life was when my Mother went to jail and I was excused from class. This is worst, ten times worst. I have accepted my family’s misfortunes, but this. I just cannot accept this. Minho has been apologizing relentlessly, but i dont blame him. He is a good friend and he only means well. Right now, he is giving me extra marshmallows and an extra cookie. Taemin even cried and threatened to break up with Minho because of this, but we all know that wont happen. 

“ wanna sleep over?” 

Taemin asked sweetly. He had been doing this; telling me to go over to his mansion. Its pretty fun, i can study all I want for my exams and the food is endless. I pass for the day. Im pretty much in a slump. You see, everytime i wake up, I tell myself that its okay. That I have no control over this. I try to rationalize, countless of times. If this where some boy or girl, I can always be the better one. But this is a different battle.

A week ago, I am already okay. I feel like im back. But this particular morning, I realized as I was reading my lecture notes. He is Gone. Not even a trace of him. After that night, we never saw him again. I even went to the church, but they said he wasn’t there anymore. He disappeared, as quickly as he went into my life. It is rather unfair. 

“ Then, lets just eat in your favorite Italian restaurant!” Jonghyun chimed in. 

I just smiled. 

Jonghyun has been extra nice and helpful this past weeks. They all want me to get better, I want to get better. But the thought of my Life with him, The realization that all of this will be ten times better if he is here. It kills me. I pushed the thought away as I gathered my books.

“ No time! I have tons of things to study. And we still have university exams coming up!” I complained and took my coffee and left them. 

Damn it. Why did I miss the bus? Now. I Have to wait. 


" your name is key right?" I looked at him closely, he looks so much like Onew. Then i remember suddenly, in between the nerves of the presentation. I remember, he is Onew's brother. The one getting married. I smiled and shook his hand in recognition. 

" this is important." 

I looked at him, i tried to remember. the delivery of the pastries are not till next month. is there a problem? I was going to pull out my phone and planner to check but he interrupted me. 

" you see- " he started. " I need you to bust my brother out of that Convent."

my mouth dropped.

“ pardon me?” 

He cleared his throat and stood up straight. 

“ He will be a priest in two weeks, and that cant be! He is not ready for it he is just-“ He started to ramble but i cut him off. 

“ He made it pretty clear to me- “ I walked out but his brother is persistent. 

“ Look, I know where he is staying—and you, can you atleast talk to him?” His offer is too tempting but i had enough. 

“ Do you know how it feels like to know that someone you wanted all your life, tells you that he loves you-- -- then lets you go?” 

I turned to him. Pissed off. 

“ Kibum,” 

I snapped. “ I dont want to feel that again. Its his choice sir, Not ours.” 

We kept silent for a moment then he chimed “ Then. I will just be waiting for the final cake layout next week. “ 

I shook his hand and left. I am making the right decision. 

My calendar is packed. Filled with scribbles for my study plan, bills to pay and presentations to do. I tried to concentrate for the next week. Taemin decided to adopt me in his home so I can study more and to take my thoughts away from Onew. But Him and Minho right across me, watching TV curled up next to each other makes me want to run towards a cliff. I tricked myself into thinking that we will be this perfect couple. Taemin and Minho, Me and Onew. But I am wrong. As usual. 

The sample cake is staring at me. I remember. This is his favorite, will they even serve him cake in a convent? The thought of being a church chef suddenly came to me. 

“ Pathetic- “ i said to myself. 

“ Oh, we should buy copule shirts!” 

I suddenly hear Taemin’s cheerful voice and Minho’s laughter. 

“ what is my life- “ and with that, My school books took over my brain. 



--------------------------------------------------------



“ he is upstairs.”

As much as I want to be independent in Presentations, this just gets to my Nerves. Professor Sauniere sent me alone for this one. I have to face Onew’s brother again. Oh Joy! I sighed gloomily. I am finally in the same office but someone else was there. He turned to face me and I just know. Its Onew’s father. 

“ Is that cake for my son?” 

He seems nice, not that villain in Onew’s stories. 

“ Yes sir; “ 

“ Chocolate cake?” He looked at it. “ Joong ki chose this?”

I dont know whats wrong with my system but I blurted out, “Onew did.” 

The second i said those words, i felt like I should run as fast as I could and fly to Paris even if I didn’t pass yet. He tilted his head.

“ Jinki chose this?” he replied, rather calmly. 

“ Yes.” 

“ You know him?” He sat down on the couch and I couldnt even move. What the hell does this old man want? I mentally made a story that We met in a coffee shop, with common friends. There. 

“ oh, common friends.” I let out a laugh but this man defeated me again.

“ Joong ki told me about you.” 
WHAT THE is with this family? They always catch me off guard. What exactly did that creep tell him? 

“ Did he?” I manage to croak out. 

“ Thank you for taking care of my son, Jinki. And i must agree with you, its his choice. “

This has to be the weirdest day ever. Just when i thought that Onew’s rother coming up to me last week telling me to bust Onew out. Then now, I am talking to his father. Onew’s father whom he doesnt even talk to, the villain, the dictator as Onew said. Is now sitting next to me, telling me that Im right? I closed my eyes. Damn. This is real life.

“ what happens if he doesnt choose you?” 

SO, He knows about that too. 

“ I will probably be studying in Paris.” I replied confidently. With one more glance, he stood up and I know I have to say something.


“ why dont you talk to him?” 

He turned to look at me. I continued, “ Maybe, he will listen to you. Or, just, I seriously think you two need to talk.” 

Im not sure if he took me seriously. The presentation is done. I head back to see Taemin to study again.

This is my Life now, No more Lee Jinki. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more hour and I will be a priest. The white robes Im wearing fit strangely into my body. My father talked to me just before the annointment. That added to the nerves Im feeling right now. We finally came to terms about what happened in the past. Maybe it because i have nothing else to lose, or the fact that I will be living the life of a priest that I became so forgiving. But then there was something he told me. 

“ your Cake friend actually said, i should talk to you.” 

Cake friend. Key. 

The ceremony is starting and my thoughts stray to him. I always watch him, when he studies in the shop or stays up till the closing time in the Public library. He seems to be doing quite well. I wish him the best. There are times, I wish I was there with him, just sittign next to him when he studies too hard. But I see that Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun always cheers him up. 

I remember the first time that Jungsoo and I went out. He is such a geek that he took me to this Butterfly sanctuary, It was pretty fascinating for me. But he was not amazed. 

“ no red one; “ 

“ what?” I asked, irritated at his behavior. 

“ I always wanted to see a red butterfly.” He sounded genuinely disappointed.

“ we saw alot! Look!” I pointed to one. 

“ but its not pure red. “ He pouted; that awfully cute pout. 

“ is there even one?” 

“ Thats it right, i dont even know if there is. But I wanna see one. It must be so red, it will look like a rose petal.” 

I laughed and he took my hand. We were the same, trying to look for things that doesnt exist. Asking questions that have no answer. Stubborn hearts. Its my time. Walking towards the altar, the time to kneel, face on the ground time to time as a part of the ceremony. 

I knelt down. Praying hard. On the last time, with my face hitting the ground. All i could see is Key’s face, telling me “come home” . Opening my eyes only to find something resting on my shoulder. A red butterfly. I have seen one before but it has spots on it, But this one is different. This is what Jungsoo always wanted, It looked like a rose petal landed perfectly on my shoulder. When i stood up, it flew away out the window. 

Then. I got my answer. Finally. I had it all along. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“ DONT EVEN TOUCH THAT WITH YOUR SLIMY HANDS!!” 

Key flicked Jonghyun’s hand as he tried to touch the pastries that he made. Today is their school’s food expo. A time to let strangers in and potential customers. 

“ dont be too touchy grandma!” Jonghyun pouted. 

“ Im the only sophomore in here, so just. Lets be perfect!!”

Key fixed his clothes and continued to garnish the cakes. He is lucky to even have a stall here, every sophomore on the top of the class gets one. Even if this event is for Juniors and Seniors only. He has too many things on his hands right now. Between school, paris scholarship and this. But he wouldnt have it any other way. 

“ SO, you excited for Paris? I also bought tickets, Jessica was ecstatic when I told her we wiil be there for a vacation.”

Key passed the exam for a 6 month training. Taemin decided to be on a vacation with Minho and as he gathers Jonghyun too. Just what he needed. To be all alone in the city of Love. He will be there, being enslaved by lectures and fine cuisine and his friends will be running the streets of Paris filled with Love. 

The hours finally ended and everyone was packing up their stalls. He suddenly realized that he had one more. Cake left, Chocolate cake. How ironic. 

“ Thank god you still have that,”


Key looked up and took a ribbon to pack the last cake. But everything went haywire as he saw where the voice is coming from. Standing right infront of him. Onew. He is wearing casual-normal clothes on. He had his eyeglasses and a look on his face that Key couldnt quiet put a hand on. 

“ hey stranger.” He had his usual smile on and Key doesnt even know what to think anymore. After all those months , he suddenly shows up here?

“ will you take the cake?” He replies and Onew nods. Its like meeting Onew for the first time again. He handed the cake and as their hands brush, Key almost passed out. He misses him so much, he could just live for decades with one touch of his hand again.

“ Do you want to go to Paris with me?” 

Key’s jaw dropped. What the hell is happening?

“ Ye- ye, what did you say? You are a priest- and-“ 

Onew smiled at him, and he could seeit in his eyes. 

“ YOU DIDNT- YOU- “

Onew nodded. Key mustered all his strength to prevent himself from shouting and dancing right there and then. He is not a priest. 

“ This way, you wont have to sulk at Paris alone-“

Key tried to process everything. Like the same night under the starry night. Everything is clear, its as simple as this. He belonged to Onew. 

“ Hey-“ Onew waved a hand at him and Key starts to tear up but he composes himself. Onew snickers, 

“can you do me a favor?”

Key managed to say a YES.

“ Let me kiss you this time,”

Without hesitation, Onew pulled Key closer to him. Infront of everyone in the hall. Just before they Kiss, Key tried to pull away being aware of the crowd.Add the fact that this seems to be unreal, the feeling that he will disappear. But seeing Onew’s eyes and the whole onew-initiates-the-kiss thing just made his mind spin. It has been months since they last kissed, but this is on a whole other level. Like, its their first kiss all over again. 


When they finally break apart; 

“ now you’re the one trying to me.” Key teased. 

“ Can’t help it You taste alot better than this chocolate cake.” 

=============

And, this shall officially mark the end of Leap of Faith! Thank you guys for supporting it! Wouldn't hurt to leave your last footprints in this fic right? ^^ hehehe! COMMENT PLEASE! 

Do look out for Heroes! I will be posting it up on behalf of the author! Kamsa!