{four of six}

Leap Of Faith

This is the point of view of Jonghyun, Minho and Key. 
* voice of Jonghyun 
* in Minho’s Hand
* Through Key

Can’t you see its God who has done this?
He has set a trap to catch me.
I protest his violence but no one hears my cry for justice,
God has blocked the way. And I can’t get through.
He has hidden my path in darkness. 

Job 19: 6-8


=== voice of Jonghyun ===

I held the masterpiece that I made in my hand and smiled happily. Written in the blueprint are plans to make Minho confess to Taemin. Okay, im not really your usual matchmaker and this is some kind of charity work for me. Ive known Minho for a long time, and i dont want him to die of AIDS! He should be a rich soccer player backed up by the pretty boy who is rich as hell = taemin. 

“ not gonna happen,”

My bestfriend, Key commented as support. According to him, Taemin is over Minho already and he hasnt been coming in the shop for a week. I understand, but after this plan is set in motion, they will be in each other’s arms in no time. 

“ Why do you even try? Its useless.” I eyed Key who was gloomy today. He had this gloomy aura for a week now, after ‘the incident’. You see, he likes this guy- Onew. And he kissed him, practically pulled him by force and kissed him. Its rather sweet, when i think about it. But apparently, it made things worst between the two of them. 

“ why dont you just talk to him?” I folded my paper in half and turned to him.

“ I tried but- I just cant face him anymore- he cant even look me in the eye!”

We both turned to look at Onew who was happily serving coffee to the next table. Now i see why Key fell for this guy. It didnt hurt that he has compassion and witty. Key continued to rant,

“ Jonghyun, i dont know. I want him. “ 

“ You are one little bastard, “ I commented as I made my way towards the Counter. 

“ HEY! Not that kind!” He protested but i couldnt hear him anymore. 

Minho was busy serving customers so i had to wait in line and buy coffee. I know he will say yes, I just know. 
“ guess what I have in my hands?” 

“ im busy jonghyun, “ he replied exasperated. 

“ you’re no fun!!” I took out tickets to a Super Junior concert and Minho’s eyes lit up. SHEESH. Such a fanboy. He always liked this group. Well. This is my plan. They will both go in that concert, I’ll tell Minho that I will be going with him and Taemin as well. But, when they are at the venue they will realize that they are tricked. They cannot back out, I mean. These are VIP tickets to a super junior concert. They are both fanboys. Im such a genius . More about my genius plans later. 

“ what’s the catch?” he looked at me. Questioning. 

“ NOTHING. Cant i just be a good friend?”

“ apparently not, Those tickets are pricey.” He reasoned out, handing me the coffee.

“ Look. You have been slaving yourself in school and work, you deserve a break. Thats all! And my girlfriend will watch with her screaming fangirl friends, so-“

Minho smiled and nodded. “ sure, okay!”

I handed him the ticket. 

Phase one complete. 

Onew said hello to me and I waved back. Do i have to get them together too? I sighed. I didnt know matchmaking was this hard. Key stared blankly at Onew, he looks pathetic. 

“ Okay, you seriously need to talk to each other. “ 

“ i told you, he cant even look at me straight in the eye.”

My eyes lit up, “ I have a plan.”

“ what?”

“ Let’s just say, A going away pary for taemin.” 

Key. For the first time in a whole week, smiled at me. “that would be good, i can atleast tell him im sorry and that id be out of his life.” He smiled bitterly.

“ Lets hope that, that is not the case.” 

We exited the shop and Key went to the school for classes. But I have more to do, Im headed towards Taemin’s school. 

“ HYUNGGG!”

I caught sight of a Taemin, I gather that he is pretty popular in this school as almost everyone gave me a dirty look as he ran towards me. 

“ your classes done?” 

“yes! And its the weekend tomorrow,”

I took his bag from him, 

“ Im so happy you asked me to dinner today, “ he sighed happily. 

“ Key said you were going, so- I want to be a good hyung to you and treat you for once.” Well, this is true actually. I want to do soemthing good for taemin, but – getting him together with minho will be my best gift. 

“ where do we go?” 

“ hang out in the mall? We havent really bonded-“ 

Taemin nodded. If ever I was with taemin, key was always in the equation. I drove the car and looked at him. He looks genuinely happy, and i wonder if he still thinks about Minho. I have to test it. 

“ I havent been seeing you in the shop.” I said innocently, his eyes turned soft. And a seeming dark cloud fell upon his head. I am right. He still thinks of minho. 

“ My mom came home, so im busy. And i want to spend time with friends in school,” he replied weakly and i smiled. This will be easier than i thought.

After shopping for a few hours and talking about things. We finally found our place in a pizza parlor. 

“ guess what, i have something in my hands for you.”

Taemin likes surprises. “ really? Really? What?” He stood up and tried to peak but i quickly took them out. His eyes glimmered.

“ are you kidding?!” he shouted. “ tickets to super junior’s concert tomorrow?”

Fate is smiling upon me. Im so fortunate that they are both fanboys. Taemin is rich, but he told me weeks ago that he might not go cause his school friends will be with their girlfriends or the official fanclub group. But that is not a problem, he thinks i will be going with him. But, Minho is. 

“ I will go with you, i can let you go to paris without seeing them.” 

He hugged me tight and took the ticket off my hands. 

“ Thank you hyung! You are the best hyung ever! “ He was oblivious and didnt even bothered eating. He just told me his plans for the concert and that we should eat fast so he can go home and prepare. 

Phase two, COMPLETE. 

== in Minho’s Hand == 

Jonghyun has been my friend since we were kids but we never really ate in the same table in lunch time or do sleep overs. But in high school, we were both casted in a school play so we became close. I know this ticket means something, He will not just watch the concert with me this easy. But whatever, I like this group! Super Junior is my favorite boyband. People who know this fact about me become ecstatic, they say that atleast, im a normal human being. The line for the entrance is already forming and I could see all the girls waving their balloons and the boys who are almost howling in cheer. Where the hell is Jonghyun? I tried texting him and calling, but he cannot be reached. I tried to scan the crowd; Then I caught sight of him, a good two feet away from me. Taemin. 

“ MINHO?”

The words escaped his mouth before i could even hide. Taemin slowly walked towards me and smiled weakly. I almost forgot, he loves this group too. He dances to their songs quite frequently, even did it on their showcase in school. I smiled. We havent talked in a while, after the stupidity i did a week ago. I just cant. 

“ hey, “ i replied meekly and he saw the tickets im holding. 

“ Did Jonghyun hyung give you that ticket?”

I am suddenly stunned. So this is the catch? This is to trap me with Taemin. Nice work.

“ yes. He told me that he’ll come with me.” 

Taemin’s eyes widened, “ me too! Yah! Jonghyun!”

He was about to pick up his phone. But i held his hand and stopped him. 

“ We both like super junior right, ?” Taemin nodded at me. “ Then , lets go!” 

I took his hand and we both moved forward towards the entrance. I smiled at taemin and he smiled at me as well. We were friends before things got complicated. Why cant we go back to being that way? But as i realize how perfect his hands fit mine, i found the answer to why we cant go back to being‘just friends’

“ SUPER JUNIOR! “ 

Taemin is screaming over and over again, even beating the girls beside him. He is dancing to every song, i swear the other girls are checking him out. 

“ Minho! Its my song for you!” 

He suddenly exclaimed and looked at me. I wondered, his song for me? Then the song played. RESET. 

you ask me if i really don’t feel anything or if nothing’s wrong from time to time
do i really look like nothing is wrong? do i?
even now, when i look at you my heart hurts..
even if it’s for a moment, i try hard not to let my tears fall
don’t you know that i’m smiling like a fool?
now how can you and i become friends like before?
can we really be like that? can we really?
press the reset, press press the reset
i’m looking at you.. only you




We cant go back anymore. It is either we give up our friendship or continue this awkward relationship that is not even close to what we had before. Or worst, walk away and forget about each other. I cant forget about Taemin. The first time he asked me where that God forsaken place is. When i carried him home and when we walked to his huge castle. I am used to lavish things and people who work so hard to look good just to please others.

But Taemin was different. It was a hot afternoon and his sleeves were folded, his neck sweaty, breath short and hair dishiveled. But I wouldnt have had it any other way. 

Its the last song of the night. A crowd favorite, MARRY U. Taemin is dancing again, but only doing the actions with his hands. The people around me are already crying. 

I glanced at Taemin, Then I held his hand firmly. He looked up. 

“ Its okay that i didnt get to taste the cakes, I dont have a sweet tooth.” 

I said the words so fast that I doubt Taemin heard them. 

“ WHAT?”

He inquired and leaned closer. . He is making this hard for me. 

“ I said, Im inlove with you idiot.” There . I said it. 

Taemin almost jumped from his place and hugged me tightly. 

“ and i love you too.” 

It was the best day for the both of us. All thanks to Jonghyun. 



=== Through Key ===

I know i shouldnt have done that, Kissing Onew like that. He probably thinks im a creepy who kisses random strangers. In my defense, we are not strangers. He saved my life, dragged me to church, made me smile, made me make a scene out of myself. Most of all, He is the answer to my wish. I cant even believe it myself, I know that wishing for someone to choose my chocolate cake as the best among others is hard. Even as a 15 year old, when i started making pastry. I knew. But there he was, telling the grand master of pastry that her strawberry cake is no match to my Chocolate cake. I smiled at the thought. 

After the kiss, Onew practically froze and I had to apologize and bow profusely. He just nodded and said that we should go home and think about something else. Those words made it clear for me, he doesnt want anything to do with me. The week passed and i Just cant. I cannot let him go. Not without fighting for it, or just knowing the reason why he wouldnt want us to be together. 

“ TAEMIN!!!”

I shouted at the top of my lungs. Jonghyun told me to come to this Restaurant private booth. Its our favorite place and our usual booth. This is to celebrate the Paris trip and His wedding with Minho. Just joking! They are finally together and it almost irritates me that they act like newly weds. Minho picks him up from school. They are inseparable. Minho stopped picking any girl or boy up; stopped smoking cigarettes altogether. And Taemin, Oh Taemin is practically glowing. 

My hands are stretched in a ‘this is a show’ manner expecting to find Taemin but my eyes fell upon a lone figure sitting in the booth. 
Onew. 

  you Jonghyun.” I cursed under my breath. 

Onew smiled at me and motioned for me to sit down. 

“ I Think we have been set-up, “ He said playfully. 

“ You think?” i sighed. “ Im sorry, Jonghyun is meddling too much. I will go now, enjoy your dinner.” 

I turned to leave but his hands held mine. This is the first physical contact we had eversince the kiss. I stood there frozen and looked at him. 

“ I dont like eating alone. “ he sounded almost commanding and i automatically sat down. 

My witty comments and words ran out as I watch him eat his food. This is too pathetic. My heart skips a beat just by watching him eat. 
The dinner was horrible. We didnt even speak a word, just ate and walked out. He paid the bill. Walking towards the bus stop, i realize that I should talk to him. I was the one who did something wrong right? Im the one who started to be all creepy and tell him that I love him. Then I saw the church, its open. 

“ Can you go to the church with me?” 

He looked at me, surprised. “ sure.” 

We made our way inside. It was the same and i knelt down. What would i pray for? OH. YESS! That onew will finally talk to me. He prayed longer than I did, as usual. I stood up and found this booth. It read, CONFESSION. Oh, i remember this. This is when you can say all your secrets and the priest cant say anything. Onew walked towards me and i turned to him. 

“ Let’s play!” 

His eyes look concerned. 

“ Onew, please? Get in there- act like you are the priest.” His back stiffened at my comment but i continued to push him. 

“ Key, look- “ he tried to protest but finally, i found my words.

“ I cant tell you how i feel by looking you straight in the eye, this is all i can come up with Onew. Please listen. “ 

Without a word, he closed the door and i went in mine. This is spacious. I thought. 

“ Onew, im sorry about what I did. I dont know, maybe its because my wish come true. Maybe its the starry sky that night. But i dont take back anything i said that night, I dont. I just hope we can continue being friends. “ I breathed deeply.

“ Its not like i wasn’t kissing you back.” 

I was shocked by his bold statement. What the is it with this Confession box? If he will talk with no filter, i will too. 

“ Onew. I WANT TO KNOW YOU. I want to know your family even if you dont want to talk about them. I want to be able to tell what you’re thinking, HELL. I even want to know what shampoo you use. Onew, I want to be a part of your life. “ 

I cant even begin to believe where all these words are coming from. I waited for Onew’s reply.

“ Key, i cant give myself to you. “ 

There. Thats all i need. Closure. So, we cant be together anymore? 

“ Is there someone else?” I asked.

Then i lost it with the one word he said. “Yes.”

YES? How can this be? He had someone else besides me? The uncontrollable sadness and rage swelled in me and I walked out, opening his door and practically jamming myself inside. He stood up, surprised and now we are cooped up in this cubicle. I stare at him intently. 

“ SOMEONE ELSE?” I emphasized. This is something i got from my mother; when i snap, i get violent. 

“ Key, its not what you think- im- “

“ Ive been wallowing this whole week, I barely touch my food. I dont ruin jonghyun’s day- i didnt even visit the salon for a week because i kept thinking, ONEW ONEW ONEW.” I screamed and punched the wall next to me. “ god damn you! Why cant you tell it to my face that you dont want me? I’ll go, Onew, i will run away from you. Just tell me. Once and for all.” 

“ You are not making this easier Key,” he seems impatient and nervous at the same time. “ Ive been thinking too, dont complain that you are the only one damaged here. “

I relaxed and he continued talking.

“ I need to figure out things first, and as selfish as it may sound, im asking you to stick around.”

“ stick around till you figure it all out?” I smirked. 

“ See? Its unfair for both of us. No one, in their right mind will wait for me.” 

I Made my decision after he finished his sentence. 

“ Then I will wait for you. “ 

“ key-“

“ I MADE up my mind too, get that head of yours straight and i will be waiting, I will not leave you. And if you make the biggest mistake of not choosing me, then i will go. I just cant, I cant sleep knowing that someone like you is alive and im not next to you. “ 

Onew’s eyes softened. So, its settled then. I chose the ‘sacrifice’ path in this situation. It doesnt matter anymore, I need him. In my life. If he is going through something, I will go through it with him. My hormones overpowered me again as I leaned closer to kiss him. This time is different. The past one was a surprise and weak. But this is full on, hungry and sensual kiss. My head started to spin as I feel his mouth move with mine. I pushed him further and I swear this room is getting smaller. He suddenly broke away,

“ Why do you keep trying to me?” 

“ shut up. “ I smiled. 

In my head, im saying sorry to God and to all the saints for doing this here. 

============

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! THANKS! ^^