such a rush

neck deep

tumblr_nfrewvspqi1r0couto6_250.jpg tumblr_n3vz5ewWK61r0couto5_250.jpg
bobby (ikon) & suhyun (akmu) 
with him by her side, she can appreciate this hectic world 

They were late for the train, and Jiwon placed the blame on the app. It said the train was going to leave at 10 sharp, they got to the station around 9 but the rush hour had barely died in the city and so it took time to find themselves and their train among the hundreds of Parisians, all cramping and busy and rushing towards their respective places.

Suhyun got lost, because she only held onto his sleeve. Her shoulder got roughly pushed by a rather large man, he had the decency to apologize but not enough to make sure that she was okay and not actually on the ground, flat on her bum. 

In which, she was. After the rough push, she fell and had let go of Jiwon's jacket sleeve. 

Now, she scrambles up and by the clock above the vending machines, she can see that it's already past 10 and Jiwon is nowhere to be found in her line of sight. 

She clutches harder onto the strap of her duffel bag and counted up to twenty to calm herself down as she turned her head, left and right, right and left, to look for Jiwon amidst the crowd of locals. 

Her chest tightens, and she feels relatively hotter now as if she realizes how packed the station is and there's not enough air or wind for her to consume. Her legs begin to wobble and it's getting harder to steady herself now. Her arms go limp by her side, and she feels incredibly dizzy.

Was this what it felt like? Fainting?

"Suhyun!"

Some of her senses come back and whips her head around to the direction of the voice. 

And Jiwon is there, head bobbing amongst the different faces. He's a familiar face among unfamiliar ones and Suhyun is relieved.

The blood comes back to her cheeks and she no longer sees spots dancing around her eyes. She runs pass people to get to him, and she notices how she suddenly feels like crying.

He envelopes her in this hug that he knows she likes. It's the kind where it's warm, long and most of all, sincere. It let her know he missed her prior to this hug, and it's a great thought to have; Kim Jiwon missing her.

"Hold onto me tighter next time, okay?"

She only nods, unable to speak due to embarrassment. She was like a little kid, running towards him as if he were her mommy and she had been lost for hours. 

He pulls away and his fingers tangle with hers, pulling her along with him. "Let's go wait over there. I'll buy another ticket, there's another train to London in a few minutes,"

She waits on a bench and people pass by her in technicolor, blurring by as they brisk walk to wherever they need to be. She sits there, watching them but it's no use, they're all too fast and are all in such a hurry. She sits there, trying to comprehend them, with her hands on her lap, her knees closed and her duffel bag right beside her. 

Jiwon comes and sets his bag down on the ground, and he sits right next to her allowing no space in between because he had always said how being so close to her makes him feel as if everything doesn't matter. "The train will be here in less than ten minutes, in the mean time -" he turns to her, smiling "- would you like something to eat?"

Suhyun shakes her head and grabs his arm, looping her's around his. She rests her head on his shoulder, and their hands find each other. "How can you live with it?"

"With what?" his voice resonates in her ear, and his shoulder vibrates against the side of her head when he speaks. 

"The rush,"

He chuckles, and there it is again, the vibrations. Suhyun likes them. "I'm a city boy, Suhyun. I grew up in ia, I'm used to the crowd, to the people, to everything."

"Right," she prolongs the word and he chuckles again; it's boyish and airy and she likes it too. She wasn't like Jiwon, she was born on the outskirts of a city, in the countryside. She didn't have his share of experience of big cities. "Will London be worse?"

Jiwon nods, his eyes trained on the people passing as well. "Yep. You have no idea. It has six million more people than Paris." 

"Oh God," she rolls her eyes and digs her fingers into the fabric of his jacket. 

Jiwon chuckles again, and he forces his arm out of her grasp to place it around her shoulders, moving her closer to his chest, to his heart, where she belongs. "It's okay, I'm going to be here with you and everything's going to be worth it."

She smiles and leans against him. Now, it seems, that the thought of he being in this big city, in this chaotic world seemed fine. As long as Jiwon is there, always ready to lend a hand to her.