friday lovekillers

neck deep

tumblr_nf1p89kn9a1r0couto4_250.png tumblr_nhxj02L3kf1r0couto5_250.jpg
yugyeom (got7) & yerin (15&)
he only wants to have fun, preferably with her

Friday nights usually consist of her hunched over a notebook with a pen in her hand, writing whatever comes in her mind for song ideas. She usually has a snack with her, sometimes street foods like tteokbokki or sometimes noodles like jjajangmyun. She usually lies down on the polished floor of their practice room, or just casually sits cross-legged and hums a tune she thinks would be suitable for their next song. Sometimes she sits in front of the computer, creating melody and tunes and be contented and at peace at how quiet the world can be sometimes. 

Yerin is usually alone during Friday nights, and she likes it that way, but Yugyeom is beside her tonight, munching on the own snack he supposedly bought for her but now Yerin thinks he just really bought it for himself. 

The pen in her hand falls against her lap as she turns to him, her face contorting as she watches him ruthlessly munches on the food. Yugyeom probably feels her staring, she knows, but maybe he's feigning oblivion and ignorance by continuing to stare at the screen of his phone.

Yerin places a hand over the bright screen and his finger hovers over her hand, then he finally looks at her, crunching and crunching on the chips. She tilts her head to the side, giving him a look but he's unable to read it. Or, maybe he can read it, but he just doesn't want to talk with all that food in his mouth.

"If you're going to eat so noisily, then I suggest you should leave." she tells him, retracting her hand from his phone's screen. "I can't concentrate on writing lyrics." she adds under her breath. 

He brushes powder from his pants and stands up to stretch, her eyes follow his movements unconsciously and she is once again at awe at how tall he's gotten over these past years. She used to be taller, but now that obviously isn't the case anymore. He looks down at her, his cheeks still a little pink from a while ago when he went out to buy her snacks. "Never mind song lyrics, you need a good dance for your comeback." he says. "Something people will want to dance to."

She shakes her head at him. "God, no. Wer'e not a dance duo, we are a singing duo, okay? Ballads? Yeah?" 

"A ballad would be boring since it's summer." he extends his arm and his hand is in front of her face. She looks at it before looking up back at him. "Come on, I'll help you." She accepts his hand, and it encloses over her's in a gentle way. She gets up with his help, and when she thinks it's time to let go, he only holds hers tighter.

With a smile, he turns around and leads her to where his iPod is docked on the speakers. Yerin falls into step with him, and she's holding his hand back because it's been so long - too long, infact - since they've both felt the warmth of the other's fingers radiating through their own. 

Time and privacy is a luxury both of them can't afford as of now, because he's been busy too even though they're not promoting at the moment and she's busier; preparing for their comeback because after Jimin's solo promotions, they'll be launching a new album and JYP was kind enough to let her take charge over it. 

Yugyeom had told her he was proud of her, and like the total girl that she is, Yerin thought that was the best thing he had ever said to her so far. 

Their hands are still intwined, and she'd like to keep it that way. She leans on him and rests her head on the side of his shoulder sine he's too tall for her to rest her chin on his broad shoulders. "I'm sure you like this song. You were humming to it one time on the elevator." 

* A familiar beat plays and a guitar is being strummed and finger snaps are echoing in the background. It's the kind of beat a cafe or coffee shop would play and the kind of beat that makes Yerin weak on her knees. 

The song starts, and Yerin hears the sweet, sweet voice of the singer and she falls back into a stage of ease and comfort because it makes her feel warm inside. She turns to Yugyeom, who lets go of her hand because he is now lipsyncing and dancing to the song.

Nareul boneun nunbichi gakkeum yahae gwaenhi ginjangdwae
(Museun mareul wonhae oh neoneun mworeul wonhae)

"Sing with me, Yerin." the look he gives her makes her remember they won't be having another night like this in a long time, so she steps forward towards him, and his hands are automatically on her hips.

Neowaui daehwa sok jujeneun overcharge

He leans forward, and their lips graze the slightest. Yugyeom smiles like a child when he leans back, and Yerin shakes her head, feeling her cheeks burn. 

(Ijen eojjeol su eobseo ijen meomchugin sirheo)
Wiheomhaejin i mameul

He throws his arms back behind him, copying the dance moves of the song. 

Motdoen yeojaran geol nan wae
Almyeonseo neoege mami kkeullyeoganeunji
Dollyeonoheun ni jeonhwaga nan singyeong sseuyeo

He points at her.

Bad, my girl

He does these smooth dance moves in front of her as she just stands there idly, smiling wider than he is at that moment. Yugyeom always seem to smile brightes when she's around, even she knows that fact.

(I know ijen, neoui namjan sanggwaneobseo)
Neon naman boge doel geoya neon

He grabs her by the waist, and she wraps her arms behind his neck. 

Neoui modeun haengdonge heundeullyeo
Neowa nal sangsanghae
(Museun mareul wonhae oh imi neoreul wonhae)

She follows him, waltzing around the practice room to the beat of the song. She glances at the mirror, to see their reflection, and she's amazed at how he's so good at leading her, his hand firmly on her waist while the other held onto her's. 

The hand on her waist lets go and he raises their arms, and she spins around and lands on his chest, his strong arms around her, and for a while, they stay like that, him holding her in place and Yerin doesn't want him to let go. Not now when she wishes this night would go on forever and this moment to be eternal.

The song builds up and they break apart when the chorus comes back on again, both of them smiling at each other. 

Motdoen yeojaran geol nan wae
Almyeonseo neoege mami kkeullyeoganeunji
Dollyeonoheun ni jeonhwaga nan singyeong sseuyeo

He pokes her nose.

Bad, my girl

She laughs and slides from side to side to the beat of the music, adding in some moves here and there as the song sounded more of an upbeat one and all she wants to do is dance to it now. Yugyeom follows her lead this time, clapping along and Yerin lets loose for once. So loose, she just starts rapping along and even his laugh isn't enough for her to falter or to stop. 

Bad woman bad woman
Nuga eotteoke neukkyeodo nae nunen
Areungeorineun geu moseup

​The music doesnt stop, but it does in her head because one second, he's laughing, and the next, he's pulling her to an embrace and showering kisses over her face that it makes her close her eyes and squeal out that it tickles. Yugyeom doesn't listen right away, nor does he stop, because really, Friday nights have never been this good. 

~

* it's best if you listen to the song while reading. niel ft. dok2 - lovekiller