something like it

neck deep

tumblr_nl5o2bQxgq1r0couto5_250.jpg tumblr_ndrkmpxjWc1r0couto7_250.jpg
hanbin (ikon) & lee hi 
she's oblivious to his heart, and maybe that's okay

He knew he was screwed over, way too far from reach and from standing back up on his own feet, when he sees her in the hallway and she smiles and says him name and says her greetings and walks past him, and he just stands there like an idiot with a feeling in the pit of his stomach that should be considered out of place.

Hanbin hasn't really felt anything like it before; the sensation of your body warming up at the unexpected sight at someone, and the way your toes curl and your head feels lighter, and of course, the gasp that threatens to escape your lips but you push it down because it would seem weird.

He has liked someone, of course he has. He's an 18-year-old boy, but in his eighteen years of existence, has he dated? Absolutely not. He had always been too busy for that; at least that's what he tells others, and himself included. 

His lyrics are based off on his imaginations, fantasies and what if's. Not from real, solid experience which he doesn't even have in the first place.

Hanbin would like to think he's past the rookie stage, but clearly he's not. He may not be all that much of a rookie when it comes to music and rapping and hiphop, he's achieved so many things and he hasn't even debuted yet. 

Reality hits him hard like bricks, because he's still a trainee, he's still a rookie, he's still unexperienced, and he's still helpless when Hayi is involved. 

 

He hasn't been this nervous in a long time, but Lydia needed some help and who was he to back down? When your sunbae calls in you on Sunday morning, they mean business and Hanbin does not want to disappoint.

It's eight in the morning and Lydia ended the call last night with an apology, but Hanbin is still grumbling inside his head that's full of complaints. It's too early and he's still hungry. The ramen he ate this morning clearly wasn't enough, but he can buy something sooner or later. He hopes.

"Oh, Hanbin. You came!"

The hunger is gone from his insides when Lydia feeds him with information about today's recording. He's trying to listen to her, but his eyes keep averting it's gaze to Hayi, who's entertaining herself by turning around and around on the chair like a kid. It makes him smile a little, and it makes Lydia scoff at him in return. 

They record all morning and Hanbin helps in making the beats. He's worked with Hayi before, back when he didn't know what his heart wanted, but now that it does, he finds it very nerve-wrecking on how she easily makes his skin tingle whenever they touch. 

Hayi is specific when it comes to her songs, and Hanbin makes sure to include all the elements that she wants, not leaving out all the elements he thinks that would make her Lee Hi, the rookie monster of her era. 

"Thank you for agreeing to help," she says, leaning back on the chair, her arms resting on the armrest as she turns to look at him. She smiles, and it's genuine, he knows. "The other oppas were busy, but I'm glad you took time to help me with my album. Lydia-unnie isn't in her best shape, so having a helper like you really did her good. I'm thankful,"

He turns, shocked at her words, and his eyes are wide and his lips are parted and she just smiles there, her eyes disappearing and hopefully she doesn't see the look he has as he stares at her smiling lips. Hanbin feels himself heat up, so he looks away and mumbles something along the lines of 'let's eat together' under his breath.

They eat sushie for brunch, and it's delivered to the building and Lydia tells them to eat up because they're only half-finished with their work. 

Hayi ends up feeding him twice, and Hanbin has never been happier.

 

She's been working so hard all week on her first full length album that she falls asleep on the chair, her head practically dangling from the arm rest and her neck in a painful looking position. Lydia and Tablo tell Hanbin to move her while they work on the tune of one of her songs, and Hanbin is so flustered, it must've shown.

Lydia rolls her eyes and Tablo snickers like a sly kid. "Go on, Hanbin, just lift her up and place her over on that couch. It'd be nice on her part if she gets proper rest and not a sore neck." 

"But - umm - I - okay." he says, feeling a little forced. His hands go under her unconscious state with Lydia's help and he picks her up effortlessly bridal-style. She's a lot lighter than she looks, and maybe it's due to the stressing over this comeback. 

Hayi has poured her soul into this album that Hanbin is extra careful not to wake her up as he sets her down gently, kneeling in the process. His leg wobbles when he tries to set her down, but he holds it in a little longer until she's fully settled on the couch. 

Her lids are still closed, but twitches just the slightest. She looks peaceful, calm and Hanbin feels like looking after her. He receives the blanket Tablo conjured and drapes it over her body, making sure to cover all of her body, leaving only her neck and head to pop out from under. 

Hanbin leans forward as the two produces behind him shuffle to work. His breathing goes low and shallow, his heart pace increases, and his view of her magnifies as he kneels down again and looks at her.

He sighs, and she squirms a little as she grips onto the blanket.

He tucks her in again, telling himself he'd kiss her one day. Just not today.

 

Hayi wasn't just a name anymore when he found out of his feelings. She wasn't just someone else he knew - she was so much more than that, and it amazed him how she went from someone who didn't matter, to the only one that really did. 

There's a charm she contains, and a spark in the air whenever she talks. She's the type of person he normally wouldn't like, but look at him now, falling for her. Hanbin's intention wasn't to fall in the first place, because all things that fall break.

He tried to stop himself, but he was already at the point of no return. When Hayi smiles at something he's said, it feels so right there's no amount of wrong in it. It's like the best thing he's ever done, making her smile like that. It feels like heaven, only a little bit better.