i only have you.

neck deep

tumblr_nk2xer5SBu1r0couto4_250.png tumblr_nifoqnUk4d1r0couto4_250.jpg
taehyung (bts) & sujeong (lovelyz) 
she really only has him 

The day didn't quite match her mood, from the very beginning to the very end of it. It was bright, sunny and there wasn't a single cloud sailing by in the endless blue ocean above her head. The were no threats of rain all day long and the weather wasn't all that warm either to the point where people would complain; it was the perfect weather for the perfect day.

Too bad her day was less then perfect, or perhaps a lot more than 'less'.

It started off badly enough, what with shampoo in her eyes and burnt toast for breakfast and spilled milk on her uniform's skirt. Not to mention stepping on a puddle on the way from yesterday's rain, completely soaking her whole left shoe. She was late for school, and had to walk all the way to the discipline office for a sleep, while her left feet kept squeaking and leaving drops of water on the tiled floors. 

And if that wasn't enough, she almost, completely made a fool out of herself in front of her one and only crush, Jeon Jungkook, after school when she tried so hard (so hard) to tell him straight-on of her feelings so she'd let that out there for him, you know, in case he'll start taking interest in her because she really thinks he doesn't know of her existance all that much until that afternoon.

And she really messed it up. She stepped back after saying everything, tripped over her own feet due to the nerves maybe or because her legs felt like jell-o, looked up to see some people behind her laughing and to see some girl from another school because of her uniform approach a weary, frowning Jungkook from behind and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Kookie, who's that?"

Oh, dear God how she wanted to barf right then and there. 

She didn't cry when she got home, she didn't feel anything when she got home because exhaustion took over her and every bone in her body felt numb and every thought in her head was dim. All she wanted was sleep, but that was impossible because a certain, enigmatic Kim Taehyung was smiling at him when she opens her bedroom door to her mother's scream of "Taehyung's here, Sujeong!"

"Hey," he lifts a plastic bag up and she eyes it warily. "I've got ice cream because your mom told me you looked down in the dumps today. Our Sujeong shouldn't be like that, life's too precious to waste in on frowns."

"Yes, well," she steps aside to let him in even though there's barely enough space for her growing self. "Then life shouldn't throw things at us that makes us frown." 

"What happened?"

Kim Taehyung isn't her best friend, he's more like a brother, or perhaps something more. There isn't a word to describe their friendship, because words aren't enough when it comes to Sujeong detailing Taehyung. He was too much of everything, and she liked him that way.

She talked, he listened - it just shows how they fit each other perfectly, like matching puzzle pieces and she likes how his hand is on her's while her other hand grips on a spoon, the tub of icecream in between them on the carpeted floor.

"That Jungkook always striked me as a player." he says later on, his eyes wandering around her room, at anything but her. "Good thing, though. You deserve someone better, Sujeong."

His hold on her hand tightens and she momentarily looks up, her spoon still in . Taehyung is looking at her like that one time when they were taking a selca in the park, when the weather was similar to the weather today. 

Sujeong placed the phone in the air, trying to get the both of them and the background of the flowers in the frame. She placed on a smile, one that's she thinks is enticing and clicked the button, and the photo captured the look he gave her that's similar to the one he's giving now.

It's tender, gentle and a little over brotherly. 

She smiles, because she knows. Perhaps, she always knew even before. She places the spoon down in the tub of rocky road and squeezes his hand back. "Yeah, I think I do too." 

"Good," he fills his mouth with ice cream and she realizes how she only has him in this world. 

~

a/n: not my best work, but maybe it's fairly good? i don't know, sujeong and taehyung seems like that sweet couple that take things slow. taehyung really likes her, i can tell in the videos they have together it's so damn obvious like tae! and sujeong pretends she doesn't know of this, but she knows deep down inside anyway. it's very exciting and sweet and pure really. so yeah, comment down below :)