Love As Deep As Water- Beautiful As A Bracelet- Jung Kook

BTS(Bangtan Boys) Love Stories

'm a carefree teenager, I do what I want, without worrying about anything. I always felt free, like a butterfly flying about. One day, I was in a big park, there were lots and lots of people there. It felt nice seeing children running around and having fun chasing each other while playing tag, etc. I walked halfway down a big hill, and sat down. It was in a quiet place, where I can feel peaceful and look up at the bright blue sky.

"It's so quite and tranquil here, I can stay here forever." I said breathing the fresh air.

I closed my eyes, and zoned everything out. From far away I heard running footsteps and shouting, it slowly came closer to where I was. I sat up, and looked behind me. Suddenly from the top of the hill, a young boy in his teenage years came running down the hill. He was shouting behind him, he turned and saw me. Both of our eyes went wide, he tried to stop, and I tried to stand up. He and I collided together, and we rolled down the hill. We stopped at the bottom, I slowly opened my eyes, someone was holding onto me. I gasped and lifted my head up, the person raised his head from the ground and our eyes met each others. I was laying on top of the boy, he held onto me while rolling down the hill so I wouldn't get hurt. My mouth slightly dropped a little when I saw his eyes and his face, his eyes were big and the iris were beautiful blackish-brown, and his face was pure and so light colored that made him look like an angel. I was in love...His hair was black and it was slightly styled at the tips, I didn't even notice my own facial appearance, I just looked at him like a person who just won a million dollars....

"Are you ok?" He ask with a gentle smile.

His voice was so pure and clear, it was deep, but at the same time it was light, and he projects his voice very clearly and strong... Just like a singer." I thought to myself.

"Yea, I'm fine. How about you?" I asked.
"I'm fine, thanks." He replied.

We continued to look at each other like there was a string tied to our eyes, then I realized.

"Omg! I'm so sorry!" I said.

I got up and backed up. He laughed and stood up, and turned to me.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. As long as you're not hurt, then it's good." He said with a gentle smile.
"Jung Kook! You ok?" Someone shouted by the big hill.

We turned, it was his friends.

"Yea I'm ok" He replied.
"Who's this?" His friend asked.
"I accidentally collided with her and we went down the hill together." He replied.
"Oh, good to see that both of you are ok." His friend said.

I nodded.

"I'm Jimin, nice to meet you." His friend said.
"______." I replied with a smile.

We shook hands, he has a Korean background to his appearance, big smile that can make any girl fall for him instantly, same with the other one.

"Well we need to head back soon Jung Kook." Jimin said.
"Yea ok, Hyung you go ahead, I'll be back in like half an hour to an hour." He said.
"Yea sure, see you in a little while." Jimin said.
"Nice meeting you ______." Jimin said to me.
"Nice to meet you too." I smiled.

I turned to him.

"Why aren't you going back with him?" I asked.
"I was wondering if you want to walk in the park with me for a while, and get to know each other better." He replied.

My heart began to pound faster, and my face became really red.

"Uhm sure, I'd like that." I said.
"Great! So you're name is______, beautiful name." He said smiling, his eye smile were so noticeable.
"Oh. Haha thank you, I heard your name from your friend, but I'm afraid to say it and get it wrong. So can you tell me yours?" I quietly asked. "Sure, it's Jung Kook, Jeon Jung Kook." He replied with the biggest and purest smile that I've seen yet.

The two of us walked through the long path and under the bright warm sun, and enjoying talking about things. The more we spend time together, I fall more and more in love with him. The sparks that were incased in my heart has finally flew out, Jung Kook has released it for me. Everything about him was perfect, his smile, eyes, voice, and including his nose that stands out with a cute point. Sometimes I don't even notice that I'm staring at him without blinking, luckily he doesn't notice that I'm staring at him like a hunter and prey.

"Your voice is smooth and well toned, are you by chance a singer?" I asked.

Jung Kook smiled.

"Yes, actually I am. Well, I'm both a rapper and singer, but I have to say I rap more than sing." He laughed.
"Oh, well that answered my question perfectly." I said.
"It did didn't it?" Jung Kook asked.
"Yea, oh, you're phone's ringing." I said realizing buzzing sounds.

Jung Kook answered it, after a few seconds,he hung up.

"I have to head back now, but it was really nice talking to you today ______. We should take some time to get to know each other better." Jung Kook said looking at me.
"Definitely, when are you free?" I asked.
"How about I'll text you or something, do you have a phone?" Jung Kook said going on his phone.
"Yea I do, hold on" I answered taking out my phone.

We switched phones, and placed each other's numbers as contacts.

"There, you'll text me when you're free?" I asked handing back his phone.
"Yup, because I don't know what I'll be doing everyday." Jung Kook replied.

He went to take his phone back, when his hand touched mine when taking it. My heart stopped, my face began to burn up. I looked at him, Jung Kook seemed to noticed too. We both looked at each other's eyes, my eyes went wide. His skin was so smooth and cool, like ivory. I quickly let go of the phone, and pulled my hand back. My face was so warm it felt like I was in a sauna, I held my hand. Jung Kook lightly smiled, and looked down.

"Are you ok? Did I poke you by accident?" He asked.

I shook my head side to side.

"No, you know those moments when your hand or feet twitches? It just happened to me, sorry." I said thinking of a quick excuse.
"Oh ok, yea happens to me too, no worries." Jung Kook laughed.

I was so embarrassed, I closed my eyes. A hand lightly held my shoulder, it wasn't grabbing it or resting on my shoulder. The hand was just gentle enough to hold on to my arm, I looked up.

"I'll definitely text you and we can make plans to hang out these days, I have to go now. See you soon, do you need to get dropped off anywhere?" Jung Kook asked.
"No, I'm fine, and ok." I replied looking up at his bright brown eyes.
"Ok then, I'll see you soon ______." Jung Kook gave one last smile and left.

On that day, I found the boy that I fell in deeply in love with, it's Jung Kook. As time slowly flew by, Jung Kook and I became more close to each other. Jung Kook during the time that we spend together, has developed feelings for each other. The thing is, the two of us are oblivious towards each other's feelings for each other. Sometimes I wish that I can just tell him straightforward, the words,

"I LIKE YOU JUNG KOOK."

But it seems like it will be the toughest obstacle that I'll ever encounter. One day, Jung Kook and I went to the mall. I went to many stores, Jung Kook just kind of followed along.

"I'm guessing that you're kind of bored." I asked.

Jung Kook gave me a smile.

"Haha no, I just haven't found the store that I really like yet.." He replied.
"Oh, hope you will soon, if you are bored, just tell me and we can go somewhere fun." I said.
"Don't worry about it." Jung Kook said.

After a while, I saw a store. At the display window, there was a bracelet. I walked up to it, Jung Kook was in the store on the other side. I quickly looked at it, it was beautiful. It was silver with clear diamonds circling it, it had twists in it that the silver reflects the light shining on it which made it look like it was swirling water currents with tints of rainbow from the diamonds, it had a single seashell charm. I was so engrossed in the bracelet, that I didn't even realize how long I was staring at it. I smiled a little.

"Wish that the person that I love will get me one of this soon." I thought to myself.

Suddenly someone spoke from behind me.

"Looks like you have fallen in love." A familiar voice said.

I turned around in a flash, surprised. Jung Kook was standing right behind me.

"No! No, I was just looking at it that's all." I said blushing.

Jung Kook smiled.

"Why are you so surprised? You thought I was talking about a person?" Jung Kook asked.

My mouth dropped, I didn't know what to say. Jung Kook gently closed my mouth, and laughed.

"You look really weird like that." He said.

I frowned and walked away. Jung Kook looked at me from behind, then he looked at the bracelet.

"So you wish that the person you love can give you this soon?" Jung Kook whispered.

Jung Kook and I would hangout whenever we were free, the two of us were drawn to each other. One day, Jung Kook texted me.

"Hey, let's meet up at the beach." He messaged me.
"Sure, see you soon." I replied.

About half an hour later, I arrived at the beach closest to us; Diocuia(Dee-o-kia). It was a beautiful beach, probably the most beautiful beach I've seen in my life. It was a beach with clear emerald blue water, sand stretching to infinity, high cliffs lining up at one end of the beach; like stairs that is reaching up to the heavenly blue sky. The wind was blowing gently around me, almost like it's carrying me towards the ocean. I looked out to the scenery, there was a young boy sitting in the sand looking out to the islands beyond the edge of the land. Since there's noone around, I was sure it was Jung Kook.  The wind was gently blowing me, like it was telling me to go to him. I walked up to him, and sat down right beside him.

"Diocuia is beautiful isn't it?" Jung Kook asked.
"It is, it's probably the most beautiful place I've been to yet." I replied.
"Same here, It's absolutely wonderful." Jung Kook said.

I looked at him, the wind was blowing his black hair, the side of his face was flawless, his cute nose was pointy and perfectly shaped. His smile was magnificent. I was so dazed I didn't know what I was doing, Jung Kook turned and looked at me. My eyes went wide, I quickly looked down. Jung Kook smiled at me, I then found a seashell between my legs. I picked it up, it was ivory white, with light brown, green, lilac, blue lines and tint bit of red swirls on it. It was in one piece, no chips, or dents, it was perfectly together.

"My goodness, this is a perfect seashell! I don't think there's another seashell in the world that looks exactly the same. Wow!" I said amazed. "Indeed, and there's another seashell that you'll never be able to find another one like it." Jung Kook said.

I looked at him, holding the seashell.

"Really? How do you know?" I asked.
"It's because I have it." Jung Kook smiled.
"Really?!" I said.

He nodded.

"Here." Jung Kook said while handing me a small maroon box with a silver laced ribbon around it.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Open it." Jung Kook said brushing his hair away from his eyes.

I gently opened the box, my mouth dropped.

"It's beautiful! Thank you!" I said surprised.

The object was a bracelet, not just any bracelet. It was the bracelet that I saw with the single one of a kind seashell charm with diamonds and swirling chains.

"Thought you will like it." Jung Kook said.
"How did you know? Did you look in my diary?" I asked.
"Uhm No?You wrote it in your diary?" Jung Kook answered with a raised eyebrow.
"Oh.. Nevermind sorry." I said embarrassed.
"Haha, remember that day at the mall? Well I saw you looking at it for quite a long time, and I heard you say something." Jung Kook laughed.

I went speechless.
"Uh... What did I say?" I asked curiously.
"You said: Wish the person that I love will get me one of this soon." Jung Kook repeated what I said.

My face began to feel warm.

"I thought I said that in my mind." I said shocked.
"Haha actually you said it out loud, it was loud enough that a few people walked by and smiled at you including me." Jung Kook laughed again.

I then realized that I was so engrossed in the bracelet that I didn't even know that my mouth was moving as my thoughts were running through my head. But then I realized something, my face became tomato red.

"Wait... If you bought this after hearing what I said... Does that mean.." I asked.
"Through the time that we were together as friends, It happened that I started liking you." Jung Kook confessed.

I stared at him, speechless. It was an awkward moment, Jung Kook noticed it. He got up and stretched, and awkwardly looked at me. I stared at him...still..

"Hmm." Jung Kook cleared his throat.
"Don't lose that or anything, it was expensive." Jung Kook said.

He walked towards the ocean, I watched him as he stopped at the edge and just looked out to the ocean. I looked at the bracelet, and smiled.

"You don't have to feel alone in this confession." I thought to myself.

I gently slid my wrist through the bracelet, it fits perfectly. I stood up and ran towards Jung Kook, I was careful not to make too much noise. Jung Kook was still immersed at the view, I jumped and hugged him from behind. My arms wrapped around his neck,  Jung Kook was shocked.

"You don't have to feel awkward anymore Jung Kookie, because if I could get the very same bracelet for you, I would." I said.
"Does that mean..." Jung Kook began.
"I love you too." I whispered into his ears from behind.

It took a moment for it to sink in, it was kind of funny. I grabbed his ears and blew In it, Jung Kook twitched. He picked me up piggyback style, and he spun me around. We laughed and had so much fun. The two of us sat against a tree together, the sun was shining brighter than ever.

"Do we really like each other?" Jung Kook asked.
"I don't know, are we?" I asked back.
"All I know is that I love you ______, that's enough for me." Jung Kook said.

I smiled and took his hand into mine, and looked at him.

"And I know that I love you Jung Kook, and we do love each other, how? This bracelet is your heart, and you gave your heart. I accepted it without any hesitation." I said.

We both smiled, we slowly leaned in, and we kissed each other. My heart flew out of my chest, my mind went blank, everything was focused on the kiss and Jung Kook himself. We looked at each other, I leaned onto his shoulder. We closed our eyes, and we fell asleep holding hands. After that day Jung Kookie and I became a cute couple, his friends approve 100%. One day, I was in the mall by myself, I manage to see the same store where Jung Kook bought me the bracelet. I looked at my bracelet that I had ever since that day, and smiled. I walked in . A few days later, Jung Kook and I walked in a park on a sunny day. We were holding hands, people were everywhere. As we were walking, I stopped him.

"Jung Kookie, do you remember that day when you bought me that bracelet?" I asked.
"Of course, why?" He replied.
"Do you remember what I said after?" I asked him again.

Jung Kook thought about it for a while, confused.

"No, I don't. I think it was something about a bracelet." He answered.

I smiled.

"Close your eyes, and give me your hand." I asked.

Jung Kook closed his eyes and held out his hand. I took something out of my pocket, and gently held his hand, it was warm and smooth. I slipped the object through his wrist, and held his hand tightly. Jung Kook opened his eyes and looked at me, he lift his hand to see what it was.

"You bought this for me?" Jung Kook smiled.
"Yes I did, I'm not going to where this bracelet without the person I love wearing the other half." I said.
"I won't take this off, promise." Jung Kook hugged me.
"I won't either." I promised him back.

The bracelet was silver with two thin silver chains with a starfish between the two chains that has a sapphire crystal in the center of it. That promise did last... Not for long though. One day, while we were talking at a cafe, Jung Kook received a phonecall.

"Hello, Meer? Hey what's going on? Hey I'm kind of busy right now, can I talk to you later? Party at the beach? Sorry don't think I can go. I have to go now. Bye" Jung Kook hung up.
"Is everything ok?" I asked.
"Yea, everything's fine." Jung Kook replied.
"Old friend of yours?" I wondered.
"Someone like that." Jung Kook said.
"Ah, there's a party at the beach? Sorry to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help it." I laughed quietly.
"Don't worry about, Yea there's a party at the beach next week. Meer wants me to go, but I rejected it." Jung Kook picked up his caramel macchiato.
"Why not, I want to meet your friend. Are your friends going?" I said.
"Yea my group member's going, uh.. If you really want to I guess, something might happen, it's kind of a heads up." Jung Kook said.

I was confused of what he was talking about, I was absolutely confused by his words. If only I knew sooner... As the week went by, I've noticed the Jung Kook has been receiving more phonecalls than usual. Sometimes I can hear Jung Kook say the name

"Meer" more each time.  

I knew something was up, but I stayed quiet. Finally the day of the party arrived, the two of us were happy that we were going together. The night scenery was beautiful, the moon was glowing so bright that it was completely white. Alot of people were there, laughing and just enjoying the time with friends. I had fun talking to Jung Kookie's friends/members, the night was going great.

"Hey I'm going to walk along the beach. I need some space, it's hot here, want to come along?" Jung Kook asked.
"Yea I would love to." I replied.

Jung Kook took my hand and we walked through the crowd. Suddenly a girl around the same age as us walked up to us, ran up and hugged Jung Kook. Jung Kook let go of my hand and held the girl in surprise, I was surprised too.

"Jung Kook! I missed you, happy that you actually came." She said.
"Yea.. Nice to see you too Meer." Jung Kook replied.

That's when I realized who she was, she was the girl who talks with Jung Kook alot over the phone. Meer lets go of Jung Kook, and looked at me..with a gaze that makes you feel cold.

"Who's she?" Meer asked.
"This is______, she's my girlfriend,______, this is Meer." Jung Kook said.
"Nice to meet you Meer, I've heard a bit about you from Jung Kook, it's nice to meet you face to face." I said.
"Same here." Meer replied.

Meer's pale peach skin  with a tint of pink to it like a pale pale pink rose. Her hair was down to her lower back, it was dark brown with a thick streak of hot pink down both side of her hair that frames her face. She was wearing a gold star hairclip on the left side of her head that parts her bangs from above her left eye. She had violet blue eyes, it was magnificent.

"Let's go for a walk Jung Kook." Meer said dragging Jung Kook.

Jung Kook glanced at me, I gave him a smile.

"It's fine, you can walk with her, I'll see see you later." I said.

Meer took Jung Kook's hand and walked away. I turned around and did what I did. I sat on a couch and just watched everyone have fun. About half an hour later, I found Jimin and the others.

"I thought you were walking with Jung Kook, what happened?" Jimin asked.
"Oh, his friend Meer came and went to walk the beach with Jung Kook, so I let him go and stayed lonely for half an hour.
"Meer? Oh her... What is she doing here?" Jimin asked.
"You know her" I asked him.
"Yes, she was a girl that Jung Kook knew since they were young. And she's been trying to become his girlfriend for the past 4 years." Jimin said.
"Oh really? Wow she must be really determined." I said looking down.
" As Kookie's love, you better go and find him before Meer takes him for good this time." Jimin gave me a warning.
"Thanks Jimin, I better find him." I said.

I got up and went to look for Jung Kook, I left for the beach. I walked for 15 minutes till I saw two people standing at the edge of the beach near the water. As I walked closer  towards them, I realized it was Jung Kook and Meer. I listened carefully at what they were talking about, I could only make out the words  

"I liked you for a long time."

I was just about to call Jung Kook's name, when Meer saw me. Jung Kook's back was facing me, I was just about to go closer. Meer looked at me with a smirk, I was shocked. Meer grabbed Jung Kook, and kissed him. I stood frozen, I didn't know what to do. Meer let him go a few seconds after, and walked towards me.

"Don't worry, we had a nice long discussion. He'a all yours now, you won't be seeing me again." Meer said as she walked pass me.

Jung Kook turned around and saw me we both just stared at each other in shock, I turned around heartbroken, Jung Kook ran up to me and grabbed my hand. I shook him off, and faced him.

"Why? Why didn't you pull away?" I asked.
"I tried. But she held on to me too tightly I couldn't pull free." Jung Kook explained.
"I don't want to hear that, why didn't you tell me she was in love with you for over 4 years?" I asked him.
"Why would I tell you something like that? We are in love, why would I get her involve with our relationship?" Jung Kook said.
"But still, that kiss should've never happened." I said.
"You should've held on to me when she was dragging me." Jung Kook reminded me.

I looked at him shocked. My anger got the best of me.

"I can't go on with this relationship anymore, I'm done." I said.

I took the bracelet off. Without knowing what I was doing. I threw the bracelet into the ocean, Jung Kook watched in sadness. I turned around and walked away. Leaving Jung Kook standing there alone looking at the place where I threw the bracelet. I walked for about half an hour... Still blinded by my anger and sadness.

"How could he do this to me? Did I really let him go without knowing." I thought to myself.

I went to touch my bracelet, but all I felt was bare skin. That's when I realized, that I was the one that let Jung Kook go. I turned around and started running back, I ran for and walked for 20 minutes. I stopped when I saw someone walking towards me with his head lowered. He was limping, and looked really tired.

"Jung Kookie...oh my goodness." I said.

I ran towards him, Jung Kook was about to collapse. I caught him right before he fell over, he was soaking wet.

"Oh my goodness, what were you doing? I said.

Jung Kook was trembling, I took off my jacket and covered him. It was cold outside, and Jung Kook was just in the water. I held his hand, it was ice cold. I held it tightly, keeping him warm. I hugged him, so he would stop trembling.

"I know you were in the water trying to retrieve the bracelet, don't worry about it, I'm so sorry for doing this to you, I was so blinded by anger and rage that I didn't realize how much you treasured our relationship. I love you Jung Kookie. " I apologized.

Jung Kook smiled a little. I kept him warm till Jimin and the others came and brought us back to the party. A few days later Jung Kook got sick, so I took care of him till he got better. When Jung Kook recovered, he and I went to the beach once again on a bright and sunny day. We sat against the tree where we fell asleep holding hands that day.

"Do you miss that bracelet ______?" Jung Kook asked.

I looked out at the ocean.

"Yes I do quite alot, I honestly wish I never did that. It was the biggest mistake of my life, don't think I'll ever be able to find the very same bracelet ever again." I said.
"I'm happy to hear that, give me your hand and close your eyes and relax." Jung Kook said smiling.

I did as he asked, he then slipped something onto my wrist.

"I hope that you'll never make the same decision of losing something or someone really close to you ever again ______." Jung Kook said softly.

I opened my eyes and was shocked. On my wrist was a seashell bracelet.. the exact same bracelet that Jung Kook bought me on that day.

"You actually found it?" I asked surprised.
"I couldn't bare to lose it. Even if you left, I had to at least keep that."  Jung Kook replied.

I kissed him then hugged him.

"Thank you so much for everything. After meeting you, I've became a less independent person. I love you Jung Kookie." l said hugging him tightly.
"Glad I did, love you too ______." Jung Kook replied.

The bracelet charms that we possesses dazzled under the sunlight. It was right next to each other, our hands were holding each other's tightly. In the ocean water, on the ocean floor. A blue, red, and green seashell rested next to a orange starfish beneath the clear aquamarine water