Wrapped Heart- Rap Monster

BTS(Bangtan Boys) Love Stories

I'm just a normal girl, with lots of friends. I have friends who likes to party quite a lot, me.. Not really. Sometimes they drag me along to parties, I can't refuse apparently, it's not part of the options that's giving to me. Since they're my friends, I like to spent time with them, so I go with them either way. One day, my friend Kallen(Kul-Len) asked me if I want to go to a party that was planned by one of her guy friends.

"I don't know, I'm not really THAT comfortable with alot of guys." I said.
"Come on, it's not just you you know? The others will be there as well." Kallen assured me.
"I'll think about it." I said.

Kallen looked at me and twitched into a pout, I didn't want to say no. Kallen's the hot temper kind of friend, but she can be calm.. Most of the time haha.

"Fine, but if you're planning on going, here's the address." She said handing me a piece of paper with the address.

I looked at it.

"It's not like one of those parties is it?" I asked.
"Nope, wear something nice, it's almost like a casual party." Kallen winked.
"Ahh, I see. The place is pretty interesting too." I said looking at the paper.
"Indeed, there's a water fountain there as part of the decoration, it's those long rectangle that goes from one side of the room to the other side." Kallen said again.
"Wow, he must have alot of money haha." I laughed.
"Looks like he does, anyways if you're planning on going, it's the day after tomorrow." Kallen smiled.
"Thanks." I waved with the paper.

The next day I pondered if I should go or not.

"I don't think it would be too interesting, it's just a party, it's not those crazy ones too, if I don't go, then I'm going get smothered with questions the day after tomorrow." I thought to myself.
"Fine... I'll go..ugh what could possibly happen?." I finally decided.

The day of the party arrived, I wasn't nervous at all.. I was calm.. Really calm. Kallen, picked me up. When we got to the party, I was actually quite surprised by how big it was. It was those really formal parties haha, luckily I wore something formal. My hair was curled, and pinned to one side, I was wearing a black shimmering long dress, plain, but good enough for a person like me.

"Wow.. Isn't this a little too formal?" I asked Kallen.
"I know.. Wish Rich didn't didn't have to make it so formal, it's weird." Kallen replied.
"You bet." I muffled.

Kallen hooked onto my arm and dragged me into the building. When we got to the roof of the building, my eyes went wide. There were so many people, I could barely see any space between two people. I took two steps back, Kallen grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"We came this far, don't chicken out yet, I don't know, maybe you can meet someone you like from school." Kallen winked.
"What? No, Kalle.." I cringed.

Kallen dragged me to meet up with our friends. While they were talking, I kind of stayed at the side and admired the night view. People were laughing and having a fun time, people from outside of our school that I've never met before.

"Wow Rich must know a lot of people." I laughed.
"Hey I'm just going to get something drink." I said to them.
"Sure, can you bring me something too?" Talia said.
"Sure." I replied.

I walked away and went to the table with all the food and drinks that was on the right side of the fountain separating the center of the roof. I grabbed a lemonade and a glass of grape juice, I turned around. I stood still as I looked across the open space, on the other side of the water fountain that stretched across to both ends. A young man, with blonde platinum hair styled up with a suit talking to his friends stood out. I stared at him for about half a minute, he laughed and turned his head and looked on the side that I was on. His eyes wondered until his met mine, I blinked and woke up from my trance. I looked at him again, He was still looking at me. I turned to my side to break the connection, I carefully looked out from the corner of my eye. I could see him excusing himself from his friends, I looked ahead to head back to my friends. I walked slowly, and glancing carefully. I could see someone slowly following my steps on the other side, with blonde hair. My heart was pounding faster, but I was happy that someone has caught my attention.

"Am I thinking too much?" I asked myself.

I decided to look at him, he was walking so normally, almost as if he wasn't following at all, like he was just going from one place to another, though he was following my steps. He took a sip of his drink and glanced up at me, and smiled. He was Korean, slightly tanned skin, tall, and with a beautiful eyesmile. He has caught my heart. I didn't know where I was going, I tripped on a cord and bumped into someone. I spilled the drinks, luckily it didn't get on the person.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't watch I was going!" I said.
"It's fine, nothing got on me, be careful next time though, ok?" The person said.
"Yes, again I'm so sorry." I bowed.

I looked to the other side, he was gone. I looked onto the ground, I closed my eyes.

"Great I just embarrassed myself. And I lost him." I said.

I looked at my dress there was a stain, how smooth my night is going so far. I sat down on a ledge and looked out to the beautiful night sky with stars, it was quiet where I was sitting. A tear rolled down my eyes. Suddenly someone placed a handkerchief on my lap, I was surprised. I looked up, I froze. His blonde hair was silver white in the moonlight, his smile incased me with warmness.

"You ok?" He asked.
"Ya, I'm fine." Wiping away my tears.

He sat down beside me, and looked at me.

"I was just walking by and saw you sitting here all alone." He said.
"Ahh, I see." I said awkwardly.
"That stain looks pretty bad, but since it's a black dress, the grape juice doesn't show too much." He said.
"I guess, I'm clumsy aren't I?" I asked.
"Yup." He replied.

I frowned and looked at my hands.

"But hey, everyone trips and falls, it's not just you. Just don't focus on something too much and forget about it." He said.
"Good advice." I was blushing.
"I think he knows...." I thought to myself.
"By the way, I'm Namjoon, but you can call me Rap Monster or Rap Mon, since my friends prefer that name." He smiled.
"Nice to meet you Rap Monster, I'm _______." I said.
"I don't usually do this, but since this is a "formal" party, I'll do it just this once." He said.
"Huh?" I was confused.

He took my hand and gently kissed it, showing courtesy. My faced flushed completely, I was totally in love. The two of us stepped away from the party and went down to take a stroll on the bright lights filled streets, it was magnificent.

"Is this your first formal party?" I asked Rap Monster.
"Nah, I've been to lots." He laughed.
"Oh, you don't seem to be quite fond of parties like these." I said.
"It just makes the everything seemed so in boundary, it's suffocating sometimes." Rap Monster replied.
"I get what you mean, no upbeat music, or dances that can make you feel alive." I said.

Rap Monster looked at me and smiled.

"You get what I mean!" He said. I looked at him lost.
"Sorry?" I said confused.
"Haha you see I'm the type that likes to listen to upbeat music." Rap Monster said.
"Ah, like fast songs? Songs with singing and rapping," I said catching up.
"Ding dong ding." Rap Monster winked.
"No wonder you're name is Rap Monster, you like fast upbeat songs so you can rap to the lyrics." Wow! Amazing." I said giving him a thumbs up.

The two of us without knowing... We just stood in the middle of the golden lit streets and looked at each other, locked on the spot. I didn't know what I was doing, I wasn't in my body, I was somewhere that made me felt like I was sleeping and dreaming. Rap Monster snapped out of it, and gave a awkward laugh.

"Uh Sorry, I'm a bit awkward at times." He said scratching his head.
"Oh.. Uh.. OH no don't worry about it, I'm awkward on the first meetings as well." I said shaking my hands from side to side.
"Haha thanks. Do you want to go back to the party?" He asked.
"I don't know, do you?" I asked him.

He looked at me, squinted his eyes and slowly shook his head. We both bursted out laughing.

"Well it's quite late, it's 11:52pm." He said looking at his watch.
"Really? I should get home now." I said.
"I'll walk you home." Rap Monster said.
"You sure? Will you be ok walking home?" I asked concerned.
"Haha just because my hair is blonde and styled doesn't mean I can't go all whooping butts on people. Don't worry I'll be fine, let's go." Rap Monster assured.
"Ok then... Thanks." I said slowly.

We started walking, Rap Monster took his suit off, and placed on my shoulders. My heart pounded, I was blushing a lot. On that day, I met the person that made me smile everytime he did, and the two of us ditched the party together. Soon after the two of us became close friends, well at least I think that's what he's thinking. I look at him as a crush, that I don't know when I'll be able to confess to. The two of us became so close that sometimes I forget that we're even friends. When I'm at school, my friends would be like

"Hey. What exactly happened that day at the party?"

I would reply with

"I made a friend, and we're close friends."

Of course, friends, they don't believe you situations like this, always turning it into a love game. Then again, I wish it was actually true... Ever since knowing Rap Monster, we've been hanging out quite alot. Kallen and the others kept on asking me if there's something going on, I try to ignore that question as possible. One day, Rap Monster and I went to a BIG amusement park. We went on so many rides, finally the last one... The Horror House.

"You ready for this? It looks like a pretty long ride." Rap Monster.
"Ya... I'm ready." I tried to smile.
"Great! Let's go." Rap Monster said.
"Let's just hope it's those ones with those rides.. Not those walking ones." I muttered to myself.

Before I could start walking, Rap Monster took my hand and led me towards to the entrance. There were barely anyone lining up for the Horror House, we were basically the only ones. We walked in, It was dark. After walking for a while, I finally realized that it those ones that we had to walk through. I screamed a few times, Rap Monster held onto my hands the whole time, so my heart was pounding harder. After about 15 minutes went by, that's when the scariest part came. Since it was dark, I couldn't see clearly. I felt something grab my leg, I screamed and let go Rap Monster's hands. And turned around, and jumped around while screaming.

"_______! You ok?!" Rap Monster shouted trying to find me.
"Rap Monster where are you?!" I shouted trying to find the right way.

Suddenly someone dressed as a werewolf jumped out from somewhere, and scared me. I screamed, faced a direction and booked for it. I slammed into someone, and the two of us fell down... And my eyes went wide. My lips touched the person's lips, it soft, and warm. He/she was holding on to me, so I was stuck in that position. I released myself, and tried to focus on his face in the dark.

"...... Rap.. Monster?" I asked uncertain.

There was a brief silence.

"Ya..." The person replied.

His deep voice gave him away. My eyes went wide, and my heart started pounding. I quickly pulled myself back and sat on the floor, Rap Monster sat up as well.

".. Uhm... You ok?" Rap Monster asked awkwardly.

I nodded my head.

"Is that a yes? No? I can't see." Rap Monster asked.

I then realized that we were still in the Horror House.

"Oh! Sorry, ya I'm ok." I replied.
"Ah that's good." Rap Monster said.

The person dressed as a werewolf came up to us.

"Hey you couple, hurry and get up, people will step on you by accident. Check each other for injuries when you reach outside. And sorry Miss for scaring you." He said.
"Thank you and no, it is a Horror House after all." I laughed.

The two of us quickly finished the ride and stood outside... Side by side...… awkwardly.

"So.. That was fun..." I said awkwardly.
"Ya. A little I guess. Haha.." Rap Monster said scratching his hair.
"So where are we going now?" I asked him.
"Where do you want to go?" Rap Monster asked back.

I just stood there.

"... It's just going to go back and forth." I thought to myself.
"How about resting for a bit?" I said.
"Good Idea." He replied with a smile.

The two of us started walking, Rap Monster was in front. I looked at his back for a while, my feelings were about to pour out. I suddenly grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

"Rap Mon?" I said.

He turned around and looked at me.

"Yes?" He replied.

I looked at the ground while speaking.

"About that kiss...... That was an accident. Sorry." I said slowly.
"Ya I know, sorry about that I couldn't see you." Rap Mon said.

I clenched my teeth, I had to tell him.

"But..... I honestly, I felt happy." I bursted out.

There were silence.

"You did?" Rap Monster asked slowly.
"It's because... I... Like you." I finally said.
"Really?" Rap Monster asked again.
"For a while actually." I added.
"Since when" he asked again.
"The first day that we met." I finished off saying.

There were silence again, then Rap Monster grabbed my wrist. I looked at his hands, he lifted my wrist off of his, and pulled his wrist away. He held it in Mid-Air, and didn't do anything.

"I had to tell you, I couldn't keep it hidden anymore." I said.

Feeling that even though Rap Monster was going to reject me, I had to tell him at least.

"I have a quote that goes like this." Rap Monster said.

I looked at him, confused.

"You Got No Jams." Rap Monster said.
"Sorry?" I asked.
"It means in my language, you're not cool." Rap Monster explained.
"Oh..." I said losing hope.

I looked down at the ground. Rap Monster's hands slowly slid down from my wrist until it got to my hand, and gently held it.

"But... You're special, don't worry, you don't have to feel down." Rap Monster said in a low voice.

I was surprised, I looked up.

"What?" I asked. "I like you to ________." Rap Monster smiled.

I was dazed, I wasn't believing what I heard.

"You.... Like me?" I asked.
"Do I have to make a vow?" Rap Monster joked.

I slowly shook my head, Rap Monster smiled again. He slowly pulled me into a hug, and stayed like that for I know how long.

"Look we both like each other, so I'm guessing this is what others call, a couple?" Rap Monster said.

I didn't answer, I closed my eyes and just hugged him tightly. Rap Monster became a pair that day. Now, whenever Kallen and the others asks me about Rap Monster, I would just smile and keep them guessing. Kallen would then playfully punch me and then shakes her head. Close friends we are indeed. Rap Monster and I went to so many fun places together. One day, Rap Monster took me to the big beach near where we live. You can say it was a couple trip haha.

"Wow~ the air is so fresh." I said breathing in the cool air.
"Indeed it is." Rap Mon said putting on his sunglasses.
"Trying to act cool?" I asked glancing at him.

Rap Monster looked at me, frowned, and walked towards me.

"I'm joking." I said.

He stopped in front of me, took off his glasses and placed it on me.

"Pfft, I'm already cool." He winked while smiling.

He gently leaned in and kissed me, and hugged me. We walked along the beach, the green blue water splashing along the sand.

"Let's make this the best memory that we'll have." I said.
"Let's do it." Rap Monster smiled.

He stopped and reached into his pocket, and pulled something out.

"Thought this color would look good on you." Rap Mon said.
"Sorry?" I said.

He opened up his hand, and there was a hairpin. It was a silver moon, with blue glitter lining that shaped as clouds below it. It was sparkling under the sun, I was surprised.

"It's beautiful." I said in awe.
"Glad to see that you like it." Rap Mon smiled.

He clipped it onto my hair.

"There, it looks amazing." He said giving me a thumbs up.
"Thank you, I haven't given you anything yet Rap Mon." I said sadly.
"Don't worry about, as long as you're healthy and happy, I'm good." Rap monster said with his noticeable eyesmile.
"I feel so bad for not getting him anything... I should ASAP." I said to myself.  

So I went shopping a few days later, Trying to find the perfect gift for Rap Monster. I looked through almost all the good stores, but I can't seem to find anything interesting.

"What does Rap Mon like? I seem like such a bad girlfriend.." I thought to myself.

After pondering for a while, I decided to look around some more. Suddenly I saw a bracelet, it wasn't those shiny and expensive accessories. But it looked elegant enough to be compared to one. It was about 2cm width, covered with black leather and a golden skull with small words that says "RM" engraved on it's forehead.

"It looks wonderful, his name is on it as well." I smiled to myself.
"Never thought how hard it is to by a gift for a boyfriend." I laughed.

I finished paying, it was a bit over $90, but I had no regrets on buying it. The cashier gave it to another person behind a desk.

"What is this?" I asked.
"You're giving it to someone aren't you?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Great, just a moment."

She took out a small beautiful midnight blue box with gold strings.

"You're wrapping this?" I asked. "
Yes I am, a gift is always special when it comes in a wrapped box." She said.
"Really?" I said.
"It's like a heart, a wrapped up heart that only opens up when you give it to the right person." She explained.

It hit me just like that, Rap Monster is that person.

"Thank you so much." I said smiling.
"No need dear, give this to the person, tell them to treasure it dearly, because it's rare for someone to receive a gift like this." She smiled handing the beautiful wrapped box to me.
"I will, have a great day." I said.

I was happy that day, finally got the perfect gift, and I learned something. When Rap Monster and I were together the next day, I brought the present along. I smiled the whole time, Rap Monster noticed.

"You seem to be in such a happy mood, did something good happen?" Rap Monster asked while holding my hand.
"Nothing much, I just felt the urge to smile today." I replied.
"Ah I see, do I need go ask? Or will you tell me later?" Rap Monster asked again.

I didn't reply, I just kept smiling.

"I see, I see, I'll find out sooner or later." Rap Mon laughed.

After a long day at the amusement park, we sat down in a café. I held the box in my hands, hidden for now.

"Today was really fun, wow we should go to next week's Amusement Park Night." Rap monster said.
"Sure, let's try not to go into the haunted House this time?" I asked.
"Oh please? That's the best part of the whole night." Rap Monster said while playfully shaking my hands.
"........ Fine, but don't scare me or anything." I said.
"No problem, I'll just let the staff scare you." Rap Mon winked.
"Hey!" I shouted.
"Joking, I'll hold you." Rap Mon replied quickly.

We both laughed.

"Here I have something for you." I said placing the box on the table.
"What is it?" He asked looking at it.
"A present, I didn't want to be the only one in the relationship that receives all the presents." I said.
"Girls should receive more gifts, it's normal. Thank you______." Rap Mon smiled.
"I know but still. Go ahead." I said.

Rap Mon opened the box and took out the black shiny leather bracelet.

"Like it?" I asked him.
"It's looks absolutely cool, like me." He said.

I lightly slapped his arm, and glared at him.

"It even got my initials engraved on the head." Rap Mon said noticing.
"Yup, that's why I bought it for you." I told him.
"Thanks ______, it means a lot." Rap Mon said putting on the bracelet.
"It means more than that." I said.
"Huh?" Rap Monster said sounding confused.
"The lady who wrapped the bracelet told me something." I said.
"I'm listening." Rap Monster said drinking his coffee.
"She said, a gift in a box, is like the heart of a person. Especially from a gift wrapped beautifully given to one from the opposite gender, by giving the wrapped gift to that special person, it means that you're giving them your heart. Your love, care, and so forth. So I hope you can keep it safe and don't lose it. Because a person will only have so many times, receiving such gifts from a person that truly loves them, don't make me regret it." I told him seriously.

Rap Mon placed his coffee on the table, and took my hand.

"Don't worry, I'll keep it safe, wear it everyday, and I'll remind you once every while that you chose me, and I'm grateful." Rap Monster assured me.
"Thanks Rap Mon." I said smiling.

Days went by, the day of the amusement park night came. The two of us went on so many rides together, laughed screamed and enjoyed each other's company. Finally it was the Haunted House that we had to go before we leave.

"Ughh." I said.
"Don't worry, I'm right here to keep you safe." Rap Monster said holding my hand.
"Thanks." I replied looking at him.

There were a lot of people that night. There were people behind us and in front of us, people were pushing. After a while, about 3/4 way through the ride, a staff suddenly jumped out and scared us. The people behind me were so frighten, they pushed forward into me. I slammed into Rap Monster, the people in front stopped moving. I collided into him and fell backwards. I fell down, along the way, I hit my head on a decoration box, and I laid on the ground. I was dizzy and I couldn't see clearly.

"Where are you?" Rap Monster shouted.
"I'm here." I said holding my head.

It was dark so it took a while, but he managed to find me.

"______Are you ok? Are you hurt." Rap Monster asked frantically.
"I hit my head, I feel dizzy and sick." I told him.
"Ok just hold on I'll get you to the hospital." He told me.

He picked me up, I closed my eyes because I was getting sleepy.

Everything went black. When I woke up I was in the hospital, someone was sitting beside me.

"Where am I? How did I get here." I asked.
"You're awake ______, don't you remember? You got hurt in the Haunted House so I took you to the hospital." He said.
"Ahh.. I see. By the way.. Who are you?" I asked him.

There was a brief silence, then he spoke up.

"Don't you know me? It's Rap Monster." He said.
"No I don't think so, it's like the first time meeting you I think." I said squinting my eyes from the dizziness.
"You... Forgot?" He asked.
"Forgot what?" I asked.
"Does she have Amnesia then..." He whispered to himself.
"I have Amnesia?" I asked surprised hearing him.
"You don't remember me or what happened do you?" He asked me.
"I don't think so.. Besides who are you? And are you that important to me, that I seem to have to remember you?" I asked him again.

He didn't reply for a few seconds.

"I'm... Your.. Boyfriend...ex-boyfriend?" Rap Monster finally said.
"Oh...... Well.. That's going to take a long time to remember." I replied.
"I guess." He said quietly.

I looked at him, he looked so sad.

"Well... I should still remember how a person feels, if you want, we can start as friends and maybe start over? If that makes you feel any better" I suggested.

He looked up he then slowly nodded.

"Let's just hope that everything comes back soon, you can come visit me once every while." I said.
"Sounds nice." He said with a forced smile.

Rap Monster visited me often, he kept me company. Made me smile, laugh and so on. A few days later I finally got discharged from the hospital, Rap Monster took me to a park. The sun was shining brightly, the cool breeze making the weather perfect.

"So tell me about our.. Relationship then." I asked.
"Sure." Rap Monster replied.

He told me everything, explained everything.

"I see, must have been really painful." I said after listening to the story.
"It was, but I have to pretend that's it ok." Rap Monster responded.

I looked down, and noticed his bracelet.

"This is beautiful, where did you get this?" I asked.
"From you." He said.
"Oh... Well.. Sorry." I said.
"Don't worry about it." Rap Monster said smiling.
"I didn't know." I said.
"A special someone once told me something important, not sure if you want to hear if or not." Rap Monster said quietly looking straight ahead.

There were silence, I smiled.

"Sure, I would love to hear it." I replied.
"That person once told me, a gift in a box, is like a heart. Given to a person by a person of the opposite gender or who truly loves you. The box is like a lock, when someone gives the gift to that one special person, it means that only they can open the gift. Only they deserves that person's heart, special enough to." Rap Monster said quietly.
"Beautiful, never knew it meant in that kind of way." I said looking at the ground.

Rap Monster took the bracelet off and placed it in my hand.

"Now, I'm returning this to the rightful owner." Rap Monster said.
"Why?" I asked confused.
"That person also said, a person receiving such meaningful gift from someone that truly loves them are rare, it doesn't come often. Since I don't think I'm only a friend now, I'm returning this to you." Rap Monster said.

My head began to hurt, but I held it in.
"You don't have to do this, let time dissolve it, maybe I'll come to like you one day." I said.

Rap Monster reached into his pocket and pulled out an object and placed it beside the bracelet. It was the hairclip(it fell off when I hit my head)

"By doing this, I'm letting you go. I'm sure there's someone out there that's truly right for you, all I'm doing right now is holding you back." Rap Monster explained.

Rap Monster smiled, and then walked away. I was speechless, I just looked at the two objects for a while, suddenly my head began to hurt like crazy. I shut my eyes, and crouched down and held my head without a sound. It felt like forever, I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. Rap Monster was in the distance, I looked at the bracelet again. I got up and ran after him, when I finally caught up to him I opened the bracelet. I clipped the bracelet around his wrist, Rap Monster was startled.

"_______, what are you doing?" He asked.
"We promised each other that we were meant for each other, the bracelet proves it." I said.

Rap Monster just looked at me.

"________ you.." He began.
"How can you give up just like that? And yes, my memories are back. I remember everything." I said with a big smile.

There was a moment of silence again, Rap Mon suddenly hugged me.

"________ are you really back?" He asked.
"Yes, sorry it took so long." I said.
"No, it wasn't long." He replied quickly.
"Can't believe you're back." He said again hugging me tightly.
"Same here, can't believe you gave the bracelet back." I said while glaring at him.
"Sorry." He said scratching his hair.
"Let's try not to get hurt again when we go to the amusement park next time." I said.

I hugged him again, it was a warm embrace.

"It's good to be back." I whispered.

A month later, Rap Monster took me to the beach, we sat down under a tree. The blue green ocean reflecting the sunlight, the wind blowing the leaves making it look like jade colored tissue thin paper. We held hands, his bracelet on his wrist, and the hairclip secured on my hair.

"Within this year, a lot has happened." I said.
"Indeed." Rap Monster responded.
"I just can't believe you gave up on our relationship." I said glaring at him.
"Actually I didn't." He smiled.
"Ya you did." I argued.
"Basically I wanted to see how you would react, if you ever come back to your memories." He said.

I choked on my words, I went speechless.

"You... Rap Mons.." I began.

Rap Monster suddenly leaned in, and kissed me. I was taken by surprise, it was a deep kiss. I could feel the pain and sadness that he endured during those days, it was heartbreaking.

"Let's just think of that day as a test to see how much we value our relationship." Rap Monster said looking at me.
"And let's make sure that never happens again. "I said.
"Promise." Rap Monster winked.

The two of us closed our eyes, hand in hand and fell asleep under the tree. The sunlight shining on the initials *RM*, and the diamonds on the hairclip shifting the light's reflection in every direction. It was a perfect match. I gave the gift to Rap Monster because he was the one that I found worthy enough to open up my heart, the one that deserves the gift. The gift that every person in the world deserves, but only comes once or twice in a lifetime for each person .