Guardian Angel- J-Hope

BTS(Bangtan Boys) Love Stories

*Author's Notes At The END*
 

I'm the person that has a lot of sympathy and kindness, no matter what the occasion is. I hate seeing people getting hurt or getting picked or teased at. Especially towards my friends, sometimes they tease each other for fun, it gets overboard sometimes. They don't seem to notice, but I'm just standing there like "Can you not?" One day, my friends, Nunnally and Euphie took me to go shopping at a really big mall. There were like so many stores, I lost count after going to like the 1/3 of the stores on the first floor. We shopped for I don't know, 2 hours? I didn't buy much, Euphie and Nunnally bought a lot. Bags after bags, I was surprised.

"Can you carry all of those?" I asked them.
"We'll be fine no worries, don't lose your stuff." Euphie said pointing at my bags.
"Thanks, even though they're not important items." I said.

I bought 2 boxes of bandages, a perfume, outfits, and some random things.  After another hour of shopping or so, those two got tired. We sat down on a bench and literally dropped our bags onto the ground, we looked at each other and laughed.

"I'm done shopping, how about you guys?" I asked.
"I think I'm going to collapse soon, I'm done. Euphie?" Nunnally replied.
"Waving white flag here, we went to almost every store, we should go." Euphie responded.
"I'll call a taxi to pick us up." Nunnally said.
"Sure, by the way, are you using those bandages all by yourself?" Euphie asked me.
"Of course not, I'm buying it just in case someone needs it out of the blue" I responded.
"Ah.. I see, you're too kind." Euphie said.
"Haha thanks?" I said scratching my head. "
Ok the taxi will be here in 10 minutes, let's start going from the 5th floor to the 1st." Nunnally said grabbing all her stuff.

We went down the stairs since the elevator had so many people, it was tiring but it was faster. We got outside, the sun was shining brightly.
"There it is, let's go." Euphie pointed.
We rushed over, and I helped them put their bags in the trunk and backseat.
"There's rarely any space to sit anymore." Nunnally said.
" It's ok guys, you guys can go." I said.
"What about you?" Nunnally asked.
"I'll be fine, I want to sit out here for a while and enjoy the morning and rest for a bit." I replied.
"You sure?" Euphie asked.
"I'll be fine, don't worry." I said.
"Ok, phone us when you get back home ok?" Nunnally said giving me the look.
"I will thanks guys for worrying." I squinted my eyes.
"Pfft.. Haha we'll see you soon then." Euphie said.
"Ok." I smiled.

They left, I sat down on a bench outside and watched people going in and out of the mall. I closed my eyes for about a minute or so to rest, I opened my eyes. I looked to the left, in the distance someone caught my attention. He was a young man, with a Korean background. Short sleek black hair but with long bangs that covers his forehead up to his eyebrows. His skin was glowing in the sun's light, he was flawless. He was walking in the distance about 10 something meters away, he was wearing headphones, smiling. I couldn't see his eyes due to the distance, but with that one glance, he caught my heart.I watched him walk for about a few seconds, suddenly a bunch of guys came out of nowhere and stopped in front of him. I stood up right away, I looked on not knowing what's going to happen. The gang talked with him and then started to push him around, I bit my lip.. Worried. Suddenly one guy pushed him so hard he fell to the ground, scraping his arm. Then they grabbed him and dragged between two buildings, where no one can see. Then they started to hit him, I was shocked. I literally chucked my bags away and started running, my heart was pounding.

"I can't let him get beat up, I won't allow that." I thought to myself.

I got to where they were and without thinking I literally threw myself into the catastrophe. I pushed 3 of the guys away, and flung myself at the man's protection. I felt a sharp pain on my back, one of them kicked me on the back. Another one kicked me on the side, I fell onto the guy.

"Ow, are you ok?" I asked him weakly.

The hitting stopped, then 2 of them began to whisper. One of them grabbed my shoulder and flung me around, I squinted my eyes trying to see his face. His eyes went wide, and he turned to his gang.

"It's a girl, let's get out of here. She might have called the police before she got here, he pushed me back onto the ground.

Then he and his gang ran away, the two of us were in the dark ally. It was dark, and I was dress casually with a t-shirt and jeans, they probably didn't know since it was dark and I wasn't dressed girly. I wasn't hurt too bad, but he was. I flipped myself around and tried to crawl towards him, he flipped over as well. He saw me, and he tried to get up. He got up, holding his stomach and weakly stumbled to where I was. He kneeled down, and lifted me up and rested my head on his lap. He supported my head, and patting my face to keep me awake.

"Are you ok? Are you badly injured?" He asked checking me over for injuries.
"No, I'm fine, what about you?" I asked him.
"I'm fine don't worry about me." He responded.

His face was bruised. Someone saw and called the ambulance, they came rushing into the alley. We arrived at the hospital, turned out my back was twisted from the impact, and it was slightly out of place, the doctor tried their best to return it to normal. Him, he on the other hand, well... Bruised and swollen face, a cut arm, almost a broken back and rib cage. Luckily he was still alive, I was thankful. The two of us were to be hospitalized for a few days. The two of us laid on the hospital beds beside each other, trying to catch our breath.

"So.. Why were they hitting you?" I asked.
"I don't even know, they just came out of nowhere and just started to hit me, it was unexpected. a bunch of guys who wanted money I guess." He said.
"Ah, well glad to see that you're ok." I said smiling.

He turned his head and looked at me, and smiled.

"If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't probably be looking at you right now. Thank you so much." He said.
"Don't mention it." I said smiling.
"But I want to ask, weren't you scared? Weren't you afraid that you'll get beaten as well?" He asked.
"Well I was scared, but I'm the type of person that doesn't tolerate such actions including teasing. I don't know it just overwhelmed me when I saw you in the distance that I totally forgot about my own safety." I said.
"Do me a favor, next time, please put your safety first before others. I don't want you to end up in the hospital again. I get it that you want to help people, I feel happy for having people like you in this world, but your own safety is important." He said.
"Thanks... By the way, we still don't know each other's names yet." I said remembering.
"Ah that's right, you go first." He said smiling.
"It's ______." I said.
"My name is J-H..." He began.
"______! Oh my gosh! Thank goodness you're ok?" A voice shouted.

I looked ahead, Euphie and Nunnally came running. I looked at him, he placed his finger on his lips for me to not talk about him. He closed the curtains to give us some privacy. Euphie and Nunnally literally slammed into the bed, they checked me over here and there and  talking and talking. It was pretty hectic.

"Why didn't you tell us that you got hurt?!" Nunnally shouted.
"Well.. I would've.. But since my back was twisted I couldn't reach into my pocket and pull out my sparkly phone." I said rolling my eyes.
"You got a point.." Nunnally said thinking.
"What exactly happened?" Euphie asked.
"Uh.... Well..... Um... I was going up the stairs, and someone pushed me and I fell down the stairs." I said.
"Wow.. Luckily you didn't break your neck." Euphie said.

I glared at her, Euphie stuck her tongue out.

"Be careful next time ______, we don't want another heart attack." Nunnally said.
"Thanks guys for worrying." I said.
"Whenever you need us." Euphie said patting my hand.
"We'll let you rest, we'll visit tomorrow." Nunnally said smiling.

I nodded. They got up, placed some snacks on the table and left. He pulled back the curtains, and smiled.

"That's some impressive excuse." He said.

"Pfft thanks, by the way you didn't finish telling me your name." I said.

He smiled and looked down then back at me.

"It's J-Hope." He finally said.

I kept on looking at him, he did too. The feeling is there, I just need to tell him those feelings. Over time, he and I became really close, to the point of being in a relationship? Probably not yet, haha. The two of us decided to go  to an animal parade one day, we heard it was really exciting. On the way there, J-Hope and I talked.

"Do you have any hobbies?" I asked him.
"I like music, to be precise, I like rapping." He replied.
"Oh really? That's cool, can I hear you rap?" I asked him smiling.
"Haha I don't know, if it's in front of a lot of people then I can." J-Hope said scratching his head.
"Please? I won't embarrass you or anything." I said.

J-Hope thought about it, then he finally gave in.

"I'm doing this once, because you saved me." He said.
"Totally fine, go for it." I smiled.

In my mind though, I was sad. He's only doing it because I saved them that day, not because he likes me. J-Hope rapped to his favorite songs, I was amazed.

"That was amazing! Are you planning on becoming a rapper?" I asked him.
"Actually, I do perform on stages at times. So you can say that I am already." J-Hope smiled.

We both looked at each other in complete silence, I broke off the gaze.

"Haha uh ah look! We're here!" I said looking forward.

I ran, my ankle went sideways and I fell to my right. At the same time, a car was coming by fast. I gasped, suddenly a hand grabbed my arm. J-Hope pulled me back fast, and held me. I was dazed, I looked at him. He looked down, we were only 2-3 inches away from each other's nose.

"You ok?" J-Hope asked.

I nodded my head, unable to speak.

"Be careful, don't rush when you see something exciting." He said.
"Thanks... And thanks for saving me." I said.
"That's what friends do right? I'll protect you from harm." J-Hope said giving me a thumbs up.
"Right..." I whispered.

When we got there, we stood on one spot staring at all the animals. It was an amazing sight, all the animals were in a straight line, just like people lining up for a march parade.

"Wow they are well trained, I've never seen such sight." I said.
"Same here, look at all the outfits. They're well decorated." J-Hope replied.

I nodded, there were dogs, monkeys, pigs, birds, rabbits, and other animals. All seemed proud, and confident. A lot of people were cheering, we joined in. Time went by, we were enjoying the show. Soon before we knew it, the show was over. J-Hope and I turned around to leave, we were amazed.

"That was amazing, wow never knew I would be so amazed by an animal parade." I laughed.
"I know, those animals are really talented." J-Hope said smiling.

We both looked at each other, and continued walking. Suddenly the birds started to have an ending show, and began flying everywhere. The air was filled with beautiful colors of soft fluttering feathers, they looked like clouds.

"Wow it's beautiful." J-Hope said looking at the birds.
"Indeed, wish it can be like this for a few days." I added.

Suddenly a bird with scarlet red feathers flew towards us, our eyes went wide. It unintentionally flew towards J-Hope, we were both frozen. I broke free, and tried to protect J-Hope. I turned around to grab him, I pushed him instead. My ankle didn't turn properly, due to the twist earlier. I tripped on my own foot, and fell forward. I pushed J-Hope down onto the ground, I fell on top of him. The bird pulled up and flew away, leaving us two on the ground. The two of us were only a few centimeters away from each other, we stared deep into each other's eyes. Not knowing what to do, I tried to get up. J-Hope grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug.

"J-Hope?" I said.
"Thank you for saving me... Again." He said.
"Ah uh that's what friends do right?" I answered back.
"Ya..." J-Hope replied a few seconds late.

I broke his embrace, and got up.

"Let's go, let's go somewhere else." I said awkwardly.

J-Hope nodded. We walked around for a little bit, we didn't talk to each other for a minutes. It was almost dead silent, of course there were people talking around us.

"We seemed pretty close there didn't we?" I asked him.
"Ya haha... Wasn't expecting us to fall over and landing on one another." J-Hope responded.
"We almost surprised each other too." I added.
"Ya, scary bird." J-Hope laughed.

J-Hope tripped and fell, people around us looked at us and some slightly laughed. I frowned, and knelt down and helped J-Hope up.

"Never seen a person trip before?" I said to some people around us.
"Are you ok?" I asked him brushing his jeans.
"Ya I'm fine, thanks ______." J-Hope smiled.

We sat down on a bench, and looked at the green trees and clear blue sky.

" What a beautiful weather, I'm surprised that it hasn't rained in a long time." J-Hope said squinting his eyes.
"I know, wish it can stay like this for a few more days." I said.

In my mind, I was thinking about the fall, and how close we were to kissing each other. Each day, I begin to like J-Hope more and more, wondering when I should I tell him. Today.. will be the day.

"Uhm.. J-Hope... I want to tell you something.." I started.
"Go ahead." J-Hope replied.
"You see... lately...I've been having this feeling, it's kind of complicated." I said.
"What kind of feelings? Like curiosity or?" J-Hope asked.
"Something like that... Uhm.. Well I've been thinking about someone, this person is really funny, he's nice, and he makes quite a lot of people smile. He's a really close friend, sometimes we look after each other.... And I've began to like this person... And I was wondering if I can tell him." I said looking at him.
"Sure, give it a try, it might be a bit nerve-wracking at first, but confessing to someone is not a crime." J-Hope smiled.
"Ok.... Should I go for it?" I asked.

J-Hope nodded. I took a deep breath.

"J-Hope, I like you." I blurted.

There was a brief silence,  My mind raced.

"Oh.. So that person was me.." J-Hope suddenly realized.
"Yes... Great, rejected." I said sighing.

I backed up a bit too far, and I began to fall backwards. J-Hope's hand went straight behind my back, and the other one grabbed my hand. He pulled me back, and into his chest. My  face was once again, only a few millimeters from his.

"J-Hope what.. Are..." I stuttered.
"Scared of rejection?" J-Hope asked.
"Pfftt no." I lied.
"You are aren't you?" He asked again.
"No." I said again.

He give me that look... And I gave in.

"Yes... I guess." I admitted.

J-Hope slowly came close, his lips gently touched mine, it locked together. My mind went blank, it felt unreal. He pulled away a few seconds later, and smiled.

"Don't worry, I won't reject you. How can I?" J-Hope said.
"Huh?" I was confused.
"You've done so much for me, saved me, protected me, gave me company. I'm thankful. And I would love to give you what you gave me, love." J-Hope explained.

I was touch, I almost cried. I hugged him, and let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you." I said.
"Thank you for everything, I love you." J-Hope replied.

The birds chirped in rhythm. J-Hope and I looked after each other, we protected each other, supported each other through hard times. One day, J-Hope and I hand in hand walked in a park with lots of people.

"It seems like it's going to rain soon." I said looking up at the cloudy sky.
"Ya, We should hurry home soon." J-Hope suggested.

I nodded my head.

"Hold on, let me hurry to the washroom, wait for me here." He quickly said.

I sat down on a bench, the cold wind blowing against my face. I shivered. There were slight drops of rain, but it didn't bother me. From far away, I heard someone shouting. I opened my eyes and looked around, I couldn't see anyone. I got up and walked around, trying to find the owner of the voice. I looked behind a bush, and there were three guys beating up another guy. My protective instincts kicked in, I ran towards them.

"Hey! What do yo think you're doing?!" I shouted.

They stopped. I pulled them away and stood in front of the hurt young man, he was holding his sides.

"Who do you think you are?" One of them asked.
"I'm someone who's stopping this bullying." I said.

I looked at them, my eyes squinted in thoughts. They were the same guys that hurt J-Hope that day.

"You... It's you again." I said.
"Oh.. It's that young man's bodyguard." One of them laughed.

My fingers to a fist, I was getting mad.

"So what? I can't protect people?!" I asked.
"You're tough aren't you?" Another guy asked.
"What? You going to beat me up?" I provoked.
"As long as we don't get caught." Another one answered.
"Oh really, well I haven't given you anything to you guys back for my last visit, so here it is." I said taking out my phone.
"Get her phone!" The lead guy shouted.

One of them grabbed my phone and pushed me hard, I fell against the guy that I was protecting. He caught me, and we fell onto the ground.

"Are you ok?" He asked in pain.
"Ya I am, you should get out of here." I said.
"What about you?" He asked.
"I'll be fine." I replied.

Suddenly the guys grabbed long tree branches and walked towards us, we backed up as they towered over us. I closed me eyes and kept them shut.

"J-Hope where are you?" I asked myself.

Suddenly, the dark shadows disappeared in front of me, and shouts were heard.

"______, get up and run!" A familiar voice said.

I opened my eyes and saw J-Hope, he was holding the guys back.

"J-Hope!" I shouted.
"Hurry!" He said.
"No, I'm not leaving!" I replied.

I got up and helped him, we fought against the guys. One of them kicked J-Hope, and he fell to the ground. I got pushed hard against a tree, and I hit my head. We fought for who knows how long, it seemed like forever. I looked over to J-Hope was bleeding from his mouth, and he looked really tired. I tried to run over to him, but one of the guys held me down.

"J-Hope!" I shouted.

Suddenly I heard cops coming, the guys looked at each other. They released us and started running, behind the bush. Just as they ran pass the bushes, cops pounced onto them like cats. Tackled to the ground, and handcuffed.

"How did the cops know?" I asked J-Hope.
"I didn't call them, I didn't know earlier." He responded.

The two of us looked at each other then turned our heads behind us. The boy who was beaten up, was holding a phone, my phone. He was leaning against a tree, tired and still holding his sides.

"You dropped your phone, so I took the opportunity to call the police, sorry." He said weakly.

I stumbled towards J-Hope up, and we slowly made our way to the boy.

"Are you badly hurt?" We asked him.

He shook his head.

"Thank you so much for saving me." He said.

J-Hope and I smiled. J-Hope suddenly closed his eyes, and fell onto the ground. I freaked.

"J-Hope? J-Hope are you ok? Wake up?!" I said shaking him.

Ambulance came over and carried him into the truck, and along with us. I was crying. The rain started pouring heavily as the ambulance door closed. I stayed with J-Hope till he woke up, he looked pretty tired.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked him.
"Not good, but good enough that I can sit up." He laughed.

He sat up and leaned against a pillow on the hospital bed, and closed his eyes.

"Never imagined that we both end up in the hospital again." I said.
"Oh ya, I just noticed too, glad to see that you're ok." J-Hope said.
"Well... I'm actually not ok." I said looking at his tired face.
"Well, better than me I suppose?" He asked.

I nodded. I took his hand, and held it tightly.

"Hey are you ok?" He asked.
"I never wanted to see you in the hospital again, but guess I couldn't keep the person that I love safe." I said with tears forming.

He smiled, and held my hands.

"How can I blame you? You didn't do anything, you were being you. You were trying to protect someone from getting beaten up. I know you, you did the same for me that day. I jumped in and got myself beaten up, so why should I blame you?" J-Hope said.
"Why did you jump in something like this?" I asked him.

He took a deep breath and looked into my eyes.

"You forgot?" I asked.
"Huh?" I replied confused.
"I promised that I will keep you safe, protect you, just like when you did for me that day. I'm protecting the person that I love and care about, and I promised that I will pay back that day when you almost risked your life. For me, someone who you didn't know." J-Hope smiled.

I just looked at him touched, and cried with a smile. J-Hope had a slightly swollen face, but nothing more on his face but some bruising, his sides were bruised as well, but it was severe enough that the pain made him pass out, luckily no broken bones or severe injuries. He stayed in the hospital for about a week, I visited him everyday. Each day, his face recovered bit by bit. I was really happy to see his smiling face everyday, his face was glowing everyday. Finally, he got discharged from the hospital. One day, he took me to a park that was filled with flowers. Everywhere we turned, there were flowers everywhere. We sat down and leaned against a tree, people were taking pictures of the flowers, talking, laughing. We somehow tuned them all out, and only heard each other's voices.

"Glad to see that you're perfectly healed and back to you again." I said.
"Same, you seem to recovered completely too." J-Hope said looking at me.

I nodded, J-Hope's face was back to normal. His bright big eyes glimmering under the sun, his long defined face perfectly shadowed. And his smile, bigger and brighter than ever.

"I'm just lucky that you still have all your teeth intact." I said just noticing.
"Oh thanks, so you wish I was toothless?" J-Hope laughed.
"Haha no." I laughed with him.

The wind was blowing gently, carrying the flower's scent along. J-Hope took out something from his pocket, and took my wrist. It was a bracelet, gold bracelet. It had charms that dangled letters: "Thank You" with silver edges.

"When did you get this?" I asked him.
"That day, the day we went to the park." J-Hope answered.
"You mean..." I started.
"Ya... I didn't go to the washroom, I went to the jewelry store nearby and bought it." He said.
"Thank you J-Hope." I said smiling.
"No, I should thank you ______. For everything that you've done for me, for being there for me, helped me, supported me, and protected me." J-Hope told me.
"So I'm like your bodyguard in a way?" I laughed.
"You really think I'm going to call you my bodyguard? I wouldn't consider a boyfriend then." He laughed.
"True." I replied.
"More like a Guardian Angel." J-Hope said looking at the sky.

There was a brief silence, I took J-Hope's face into my palms. I leaned in and kissed him, it was sincere. I then hugged him.

"Thank you for being there for me as well, let's be each other's Guardian Angel, support each other, helping each other, and protect each other." I whispered in his ear.

J-Hope wrapped his arms around me, and hugged me.

"Eternally each other's Guardian Angel it is. I love you ______." J-Hope smiled.
"Love you too J-Hope." I responded.

The bracelet was sparkling under the bright sunshine, and in the distance resting on a metal bar in front of crowded people, as if performing for a show, a beautiful bird with scarlet red feathers fluttered its wings.❤J-Hope
 

*Author's Note

So remember when there was that brief time when J-Hope was being looked down upon and hashtags going around on Twitter that wants J-Hope out of  BTS? I decided to write his story based on that situation. Showing that A.R.M.Ys are with J-Hope and all 7 members, there to support them, cheer them on, and make them feel that they all deserve to be in BTS. Hope you liked the story, and sorry it took me so long to finish this story.