A Hair's Way Of A Love Story- Jimin

BTS(Bangtan Boys) Love Stories

I always kept my hair long, I haven't cut or trimmed it for I don't even know how long. But surprisingly, my hair's in perfect condition after all these years, no damage or anything like that. My friends always tells me to cut and trim it or I won't grow any taller, and that it will weigh me down. I always talk back to them, but they just go along knowing that they can't win me. Haha.  One day, I walked around on the streets out of complete boredom. I stopped by a hair salon, and looked inside. There were alot of people getting their hair styled, I scanned around from outside. My eyes stopped in a small group of boys in their early adult years there were 6 with their back facing me so I couldn't see their faces.

"Hmmm seems like something interesting, oh well I'm not a getting haircut, better go somewhere else." I said.

Just as I turned around to walk away, something moved at the corner of my eye. I turned back and looked through the shop's glass window, I squinted to to block out the sun's light. The 6 boys moved to the side, and there was another boy sitting in the chair looking at the mirror. Seems like he just finished having his hair styled. I couldn't see his face, since the back of his head is facing me. The other 6 patted his shoulder, and complimented his hair. Through the mirror I could kind of see his facial features, he was handsome. His hair is dark brown(more towards the black color) it was slightly tousled. He has a Korean background feature to his appearance, and his smile... His smile.. And eyes. The eyesmile that appears when he smiles it was flawless. I just stared at him from outside, I was dazed. Suddenly I sense something's weird, I blinked. I looked at the mirror, and saw him smiling and look at the mirror too. His smile slowly decreased and he saw me through the mirror, my eyes suddenly went wide.

"Shoot... I think he saw me, better start running." I thought.

He turned his chair and faced me, his friends looked outside as well. His eyes and my eyes met for a split second, I turned and walked away quickly.

"What was I doing?!" I asked myself.

I walked around the streets filled with people for quite a while, Thinking about him..

"Did he really see me? Would he think that I'm a creeper... Oh my god why did I look at him.." I said.

I looked up at the sky, the sun was shining brightly like a big white orb with a glowing tint of a beautiful orange and yellow. I closed my eyes and let the wind gently blow my hair. It felt nice, I took a deep breath. I opened my eyes, walked backwards and turned around. I bumped into someone, the person grabbed onto my arms. My hair was in front of my face, so I couldn't see who it is.

"You ok?" The person asked.

Without looking, I can tell that it was guy. His voice sounds really unique, it was light, high, but with a strong tone feeling to it at the same time. I brushes my hair back and looked up at him, my mind literally blanked out. It was him, it was him that I saw through the salon, and the same person that my eyes met through a glass wall without knowing each other. I stared at him for like I don't even know how long, till he asked again.

"You hurt anywhere?" He asked.

I blinked and stood up straight.

"No, are you ok? Sorry about that I didn't see you." I replied.
"That's good, and no, I'm fine and sorry about that should've been careful as to where I was walking." He said.

He smiled and his eyesmile came on again, that eyesmile makes my eyes light up, it was flawless.

"Sorry to ask, but were you at a hair salon that was really close by?" He asked.

I looked at him.

"Shoot he found out." I said to myself.
"Were you the person looking in from the window?" He asked again.

I bit my lips and slowly nodded my head.

"Ah, was my hair that interesting?" He laughed gently.

I looked at him, he was smiling softly at me. I couldn't help but stare at him, then I snapped to my senses.

"Uh, well... I just happen to saw you and that hair color and it caught my eye, never realized how attracted I was to your hair.. Sorry." I said.

He laughed.

"It's nothing to be sorry about really, looks like I picked a good color to catch the attention of a beautiful girl like you haha." He said.

My face became flushed when I heard his words.

"Uh.." I happen to voice out.
"Don't worry, I'm not a bad guy, I won't kidnap you somewhere, so don't think of me that way." He said quickly.

I smiled, and looked down.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jimin." He said sticking out his hand to shake mine.

I looked at him dazed...once again, I don't know what is wrong with me.

"______..... Nice to meet you too." I said myself.

I took his hand and shook it. He was wearing a tank top, and his bicep muscles flexed as he held my hand, I was amazed. His hand gently wrapped around my small hand, and he held it in a way that makes you feel like how a person in love will hold their lover's hand, even though it was our first meeting. His hair softly flowed in the breeze, and his brown eyes staring deep into my eyes. I was in love. The two of us decided to forget about what happened at the salon shop, and just talk like friends.

"I've noticed that you got really thick hair." Jimin said.
"Oh thanks, I guess, I've never trimmed or cut it before." I said.
"Ah, it looks nice, and it hurts too." Jimin laughed at the last part.

I looked at him, surprised.

"My hair... can hurt someone?" I asked him.
"Of course, everyone's hair can hurt someone somehow, but yours was extreme." Jimin laughed again.

I gave him a confused face again.

"When you turned around and bumped into me, well before you bumped into me, your hair whipped me in the face." Jimin said.
"Oh my! I'm so sorry!" I said after hearing about that.

Without knowing, my hand went to his face. I was worried that the hair whip might have places lines on his face, but I was amazed. His face was really smooth, cool as ivory. It was a one of a kind feel, but then I saw his gaze. He looked at me with a look that made me feel like I was a special person, a person that he found a liking to. Behind his look, a small smile can been seen.

"I'm so sorry, I wanted to see if I left any scratches on your face." I said quickly taking my hands back.

Jimin smiled and rubbed his face, and looked at me.

"It's fine, thank you for being concerned, sorry for bringing that up in the first place, I shocked you didn't I?" Jimin asked.
"No, not at all." I said.

After that day, Jimin and I became really close friends.Even though we are friend, but I would always find myself falling deeper and deeper into a well full of an emotion called "Love. On the behalf of Jimin, I don't know how he feels. We would go to so many places together, as what friends do. Once in a while, Jimin always asks if I'm ever planning on t my hair shorter. I would usually reply with

"I don't know" or "I haven't given much thoughts about it."

Jimin would then nod his head. Yea I know my hair is long and well non-styled for a bit, but why does he always ask that? That's one thing that I want to know, it seems like it's a pretty concerned thing for Jimin. Regardless of the hair thing, Jimin's always happy. His smile always comes on when he's with me, and vise versa. My feelings for Jimin slowly grows stronger each day, him knowing that or not is completely up to how he sees me. I don't want to tell him because I don't know how HE feels about me, because it's pretty awkward to confess without the other person reciprocating. If only I can see that Jimin has somewhat have even the tiniest feelings for me, it would be really helpful. I have kept my feelings for him hidden for quite some times now, I have kept myself in control ever since that day that I met Jimin. One day, the two of us went to have a cup of coffee. That day, I decided to tie my long hair up. while walking, Jimin kept looking at me once in a while, maybe a little too much? I didn't notice, but that was what he was doing. While talking, I brushes my hand through my hair. A few strands of hair came out, it was natural. I took a quick glance at it, then continued talking. Something didn't seem right though, something odd.

"What's wrong ______?" Jimin asked noticing my expression.

My brows came together, I looked down at the strands of hair in my hand.

"Hey there's a shiny strand of hair in your hair, did you get tinsels?" Jimin noticing.

He picked it out but didn't pull it out, he looked at it.

"Jimin.. Do me a favor, pull out that shiny strand of tinsel out for me please?" I asked.
"Ok?" Jimin answered.

He pulled the strand out and gave it to me, I placed it beside the strands of hair that was already in my hand. There were three strands of pure white hair in the middle of the other strands of black hair.

"Those are... gray hair _____.. How old are you?" Jimin asked concerned.
"I'm 18" I answered.
"Are you stressed out lately?' Jimin asked again.

I looked up and looked in the distance, lost in thoughts.

"I think I'm pretty stressed out lately, thinking of some things..." I answered hiding the fact that I've been thinking about my feelings for Jimin... A little too much.

"Ah, let your hair down, I think it will hide your grey hair better." Jimin said.
"Good idea." I said.

I untied my hair and let it down. My face suddenly turned warm, I looked up. Jimin was looking at me, our eyes met. If felt pretty awkward, but our gazes won't let each other go. I finally got control again and unintentionally looked away, breaking the stare. Both of us cleared our throats, it was that interesting. Once every few days, I would go through my hair. Picking out all the gray hair that seems to pop out so constantly, but not so much that overwhelmed all the rest of the ebony surface. One day after picking for about 20 minutes, I let my hair dangling on my shoulder.

"I don't think I can keep this up anymore, I'm beginning to have headaches as well." I said.

I rubbed my face, to wake myself up.

"I need to tell Jimin my feelings for him soon, I need to, I can't keep it hidden anymore, because of this I'm getting so much stress and gray hair." I said.

I'm not doing this for my own benefit of health, I'm doing this to show my TRUE feelings for Jimin, how much I really love and care for him. Although yes my health's important as well, but not telling him something that I've kept hidden for almost for 4 months to 5 months is beginning to stress me out big time. After sagging onto the couch and sitting there for I don't even know how long, I decided to tell Jimin my feelings. I gave Jimin a call.

"Hey Minnie? Can I talk to you?" I said.
"Ya sure, want to meet up somewhere?" He asked.
"Sure, how about the big fountain in the park?" I said.
"Sounds good, you still stressed out lately?" He asked.

I stayed quiet for a few seconds and smiled.

"Just a few grey hairs here and there, but my stresses will all be gone soon." I said.
"Ah, I'm glad, I'll see you later." Jimin said with a happy tone.
"Yea, I'll see you later." I said.
"See you later ______." Jimin replied.

We both hung up, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Letting my stress slowly seep out, placing myself into a peaceful silence. I met up with Jimin at the water fountain, the water floating in the air creating a mini rainbow from the sun. Jimin was looking at it, so he didn't see me.

"Jimin!" I shouted.

He turned around, and smiled.

"Hey! How're you feeling?" He asked.
"I'm doing fine, my hair just contains a few "tinsels", but overall I'm fine." I replied,

my face slowly turning red.

"Ah, sorry to hear that." He said.
"It's no big deal, it's not like you haven't seen it already." I laughed.
"You got a point there haha." Jimin gently smiled while scratching his hair.

The two of us sat by the fountain looking at the people walking by in the park, talking away.

"Jimin, I actually called you today to talk to you about something." I finally managed to blurt out.
"What is it?" Jimin asked.
"Well, I've been thinking about something for quite some time now, and I think it might have caused some stress for me." I said.
"Oh, well go ahead and tell me, I'll see what I can do" Jimin smiled.

I looked at the blue green surface of the water in the fountain, and stares at my reflection.

"Well, you see Jimin, I... had kept my feelings hidden for a really long time for someone, and because of that, it's been tiring me out lately." I said looking at Jimin.

Jimin looked back at me. His eyes staring deep into my eyes, the feeling of him trying to reach into the locked away chamber that contained my feelings for him.

"I see, well you know, I've been having the same thing as you, harboring feelings for a person." Jimin said.
"Really?" I asked surprised.
"Yes, let me ask you one thing ______." Jimin said leaning a little closer, staring straight through me.
"Yes?" I answered.
"Is that person that you've been harboring feelings for....me?" He asked.

My eyes went wide, my face blazing up and I felt like my face got blown up. Without answer, I looked back into the water. I kept my eyes closed, mouth tight shut.

"So it is me, I can tell even without you answering." Jimin laughed.
"Great just great." I thought to myself.
"Well don't worry, because I like a person as well, want to know her name?" Jimin asked.
"Pfft I never said who it was, but I'll tell you who it is now, his name is..." I said looking up from the water to look at him.

Next thing I knew, Jimin's eyes were closed and right in front of me. His nose touched mine, and not just his nose, his lips touched mine as well. Jimin kissed me, the emotions coming from his kiss was limitless. He slowly took my hand and placed it on his chest and held it there, without breaking the kiss the held us together. I was so shocked, but all I can do is close my eyes and reciprocate, how I wished this day would come for me. Jimin slowly pulled away and looked at me, I looked at him still dazed.

"Jimin..." I said finally finishing my sentence.

"Thought so, and I'm pretty sure you know who the person that I like is as well now?" Jimin winked.
"Yea." I smiled with tears in my eyes.

Seeing the tears in my eyes, Jimin gently wiped it away for me.

"Pfft who wouldn't like me? I'm handsome and I can sing you just never heard it yet. I can lift up tons of heavy things, and I can kill a girl with a smile of mine." Jimin winked and boastfully looked at me.

I laughed, holding back my tears. I playful hit him on the arm, he smiled and dodged the rest.

"Just kidding haha you ok now? Stop crying, it can't be that serious right?" Jimin said with a laugh.

I wiped away the rest of the tears, and nodded. Jimin let out a soft sigh, took my hand and brought me in and hugged me.

"It's ok ______, let out all your sorrow that you've kept for so long, all your stress. I'm sorry for giving you such a hard time, giving you gray hair from keeping your feelings for me hidden. You can tell me anything now, I'll be here for you." Jimin said.
"It's ok, I made it hard for myself. Thank you Jiminnie." I said hugging him close.

Feeling his warmth and love.

"I love you______   ." Jimin said.
"Love you too Jimin." I replied.
"Now... To do something about that hair of yours." Jimin said breaking the moment.
"What's with you and my hair? Do you have some kind of hatred for it or something?" I asked laughing.
"Not to make you mad, but yes. Honestly speaking cutting it shorter won't hurt, and we need to get rid of those gray hairs as well." Jimin said. ".... I'll think about it soon." I said.

Jimin looked at me with plain eyes, it looked really funny.

"You always say that.." Jimin said.

I took his hands, and held it.

"Don't worry, this time I might actually consider it.. For you.. Happy?" I said.

Jimin slowly broke into a smile.

"Fine, pinky swear?" He said.
"Pinky swear." I replied.

Our pinkies hooked onto each other like a golden bracelet, and like a bracelet's hook, our fingers wrapped around each others, locking the promise. I've never been so happy in my life than that day, till one day that shocked me for a while... Jimin and I never lived a day together without smiling at each other. His eyesmile curving up like a one of a kind half moons, it's a rare sight. One day, I was out by myself, Jimin was out on a schedule with his friends. I had nothing to do, so I walked around with a friend of mine, Lacus(La-Kus). That day I didn't tie my hair up, I wanted to show my hair that once again was back to the pure sleek black ebony color of the night sky with no silver shooting stars peeking out here and there.

"Wow, it's like you've never had gray hair like ever." Lacus said examining my hair.
"Thanks Lacus, now my stress is gone, I think I can finally relax and let my hair recover to it's normal state." I said linking her arm.

We both smiled, the two of us shopped for a few hours. After a while, Lacus and I walked onto the streets from the mall.

"I have to go now, I have to go to the dentist to get a checkup." Lacus said looking at her watch.
"Oh it's fine, you go ahead, thanks for spending time with me today." I said.
"Of course, take care of Jimin too, don't always let him take care of you just because you're a girl. Call me when you're lonely or want to hang." Lacus said with a wink.
"Yes Yes I know, go ahead, I'll see you soon." I said.

We waved goodbye. Lacus drove away in a taxi, I looked on and then started walking. As I was walking I saw a black cap displayed in a shop. It was pure black like my hair, with gold and silver ts on the edge. On the back were the words "BTS" engraved with gold silk. It was beautiful.

"I think this will be a great gift for Jimin." I said with a smile.

So I bought it for him. When I got out of the shop, walking for a while. I sense that something's not right. I turned around and a person covered my mouth and grabbed my purse.

"Give me your money!" The man said.

I tried to pull away as much as I can, he was holding on tight. I finally bit his hand, and tried to run. He managed to catch up to me, he pushed me onto the ground. And tried to grab my bag and the box that contain Jimin's cap. I held on tightly to it, there was no one on the street or nearby, so I couldn't call for help. The man was trying to pry open my arm around the box, I couldn't let him take this important thing from me. Next thing he did was so unexpected, I was really shocked. In front was a coffee shop, and 7 young boys came out talking to each other. They were pretty far away, I couldn't scream out loudly. Then one of them saw me, and pointed to me. The rest of them turned around and looked, one of them I recognized.

"Jimin!" I shouted.

Right after I shouted, the man covered my mouth and grabbed my hair. Guess he took advantage of my long hair and used it against me. He grabbed it and pulled it back really hard, it felt like all my hair was about to come off. I was in so much pain, I was about to cry, but I stayed strong. From the distance, Jimin was running towards me at full speed with his friends falling behind. It was becoming blurry, but I focused. The man pulled hard one final time, pushed me back down onto the ground and ran. The push was hard enough that I slightly hit my head on the ground, everything swirled. Jimin knelt down beside me and sat me up and held me. The other 6 ran after the man, Jimin stayed close to me.

"_______, what happened, how did this happen?" Jimin asked holding tight.
"Just like any thief, guess he wanted the money. Haha." I said focusing hard on his face.
"You'll be fine_______ , I'll take you to the hospital." Jimin said.

He picked me up into his arms, I leaned my head on his warm chest. I felt really safe and secure now, I closed my eyes and everything went black. When I woke up I was at the hospital, sitting up on the bed. Jimin was beside me, looking at me.

"Jimin?" I said still sleepy.
"Nice to see you still remember everything." Jimin said with a sigh relief.
"Pfft you think that little fall will make me have memory lost? I'm not that weak." I said with a small smile.
"True, you're strong. Don't worry, my friends caught the man and he got arrested." Jimin said.

I nodded.

"By the way, what was in the box that you were holding so tightly?" Jimin asked.
"Oh ya!" I said remembering.
"What?" Jimin asked confused.
"Where is it?" I asked.

Jimin picked up the box and gave it to me.

"It's something that I got you, it's not much but I hope it's enough to show you my love." I said.

I handed him the black cap with care, he took it and smiled. He looked around it, the golden lining, then the letters. He smiled and looked at me.

"Thank you for this _____, I haven't gotten you anything yet, I feel like a bad boyfriend." Jimin said.
"Who says that? That's not true. Haha my friend Lacus told me to take care of you instead of always you taking care of me, but it looks like it's still going to be you who takes care of me more than I'll ever will." I said.
"That's what men are suppose to do, so don't over think too much, or you'll get grey hair again. Speaking of hair... That hair of yours needs to go." Jimin said pointing at me.
"Oh... Guess you saw that..." I said.
"Oh I saw it clearly 20/20 with wide open eyes and open mouth screaming at you while running with 5 steps per second... Is that enough "saw it too for you?" Jimin asked crossing his arms.
"Yea..." I said.
"Not because I hate your hair, it's because it can be dangerous at times especially after experiencing today's event." Jimin said leaning closer. "... You're right.. I'll get it cut when I get out of this hospital." I finally agreed.
"Good, I'll take you." Jimin said.
"Fine.." I Replied rolling my eyes.

We both laughed. 4 days later, I finally got discharged from the hospital. Holding my hands, Jimin took me to the hair salon, I sat down nervously.

"Please cut her hair up to here, layer them, trim her hair a bit too, and get rid of her split ends." Jimin said to the stylist.
"No prob." The stylist said.

In half an hour, I changed into a complete different person. Jimin came up and looked at me in the mirror with me. My hair was layered into two, it was shortened up to my shoulders from the bottom of my lower back and cheeks. Since it's trimmed now, due the lightness, the tips flares out.

"Wow.. I actually like." I said.
"Glad you do." The stylist said.
"Thank you." I said.
"No need." He replied.
"Beautiful, let's go." Jimin said.

Afterwards, Jimin and I sat beside the water fountain again and talked.

"My head actually feels so light now, it felt that I changed completely and it feels like everything lifted." I said taking a deep breath.
"Told you it's a good idea." Jimin said.
"Don't push it." I said glaring.

We both laughed.

"Actually there was another reason why I wanted you to cut your hair." Jimin said looking at the sky.
"Hm? What is it?" I asked confused.
"Hair is like a story of your life, you growing you hair that long shows how long you've lived. The ends of your hair, the split ends shows all your stress and sadness. By t them off, it's like taking away all the troubles that dragged you down, just like how heavy your hair was. After t it off, everything felt lighter." Jimin said.
"It did..." I said thinking about what he said.
"And by cutting it shorter, and letting it grow out again in a more thinner way.. Can you guess what I thought of?" Jimin said looking at me.
"By cutting it shorter, I'm guessing it meant to forget about my painful past. By letting it grow out again thinner and longer.. It's like creating a new story with less stress and hardships, just like what you said in the beginning." I said finally understanding him.
"Exactly." Jimin said giving me thumbs up.
"Thank you." I said with small crystal tears.

Jimin took out something and gave it to me.

"A gift." Jimin said.

I opened it up and was surprised. It was a hairclip, not those plain ones. It was a golden peacock, with topaz crystals embedded on each and every part of its flared tail with tints of orange to add in dimension to it. It reflected the sunlight and glittered like a crystal.

"It's beautiful Jimin." I said in awe.
"Since I haven't gotten you anything, I thought it would look amazing with that haircut." Jimin replied.
"Thank you so much." I Said.

Jimin helped me clip it on, it was flawless. Jimin placed the cap that I bought him on.

"We fit perfectly together." Jimin said with a big smile.

I smiled, and hugged him.

"Thank you for everything Jimin." I said holding tightly.
"You as well, I love you." Jimin replied hugging me close.
"Love you too. I replied.

The orange sunlight shining brightly on the hairclip, making it stand out as much as it can, the topaz crystals reflecting magnificent beautiful yellow tint color that defines the golden peacock. The three words that says "BTS" on Jimin's cap reflecting the sunlight as well, making the letters come alive.