An Outtake from Chapter 5 and Donghae’s Letter

Kiss The Rain

Donghae has nothing to do but to watch Jessica pack her things and silently cry in the midst of watching

“Are you really going now?”

But Jessica didn’t mind his question

“Do you want help?” he asked again

“NO. I don’t need your help and besides, tomorrow is my last day of living with you. I wouldn’t even mind leaving without your permission. I’m free at last” she answered coldly

Just as she was about to leave, Jessica suddenly fell on the floor with a loud thud. Pictures of past memories were running inside her mind. An excruciating pain engulfed her head...

“Why are you late again? It’s already 2 a.m.” Jessica glared at Donghae as he removed his shoes right behind the door

“Why do you care? I’m going to sleep”

“You’ve changed a lot, Donghae”

Donghae didn’t say anything

“Lee Donghae!”

“What? Stop nagging. I’m tired of working”

“Are you sure? Then what did I see a while ago?”

“Then what did you see a while ago?” Donghae giggled like crazy

“This isn’t a joke Donghae! Before you went inside the house a while ago, you’re with your ex,, you were kissing”

Jessica’s tears started to fall

“Ah that, what do you want me to do?”

“I can’t take this anymore. You aren’t the Donghae-“

But Donghae cut her off

“Oh yeah, I am not the Donghae you have met in your middle school 9 years ago, blah, blah, blah. I’m sick of you saying that! People change, Jessica! It isn’t my fault”

“I’m sicker than you. Let’s divorce. Our relationship isn’t working out. You may return to Ha-na (Donghae’s ex) after we divorce… I’m, I’m leaving, Donghae”

...as she recalled the memory of her and Donghae fighting before she was involved in a car accident

“AHHHHHH! IT HURTS” she was obviously screeching in pain

After some time, she finally regained her subconscious and turned to look at Donghae; their eyes met. Cold sweat formed on her forehead...

“Are you ok Jessica?” Donghae asked worriedly

“No, I’m fine”

“Do you want me to drive you home?”

“I said I’m fine” she insisted as she fired back her cold glare...no, gaze

She wasn’t glaring at all instead she was gazing sadly

-Jessica’s POV-

It was really painful. It felt like my head was going to break. Two months have passed after the accident happened and I should be in the process of recalling my memories and I was. I recalled about the night Donghae and I fought about something and I think it was the night of my accident.

I have a short term amnesia but I want to forget everything that had happened between me and Donghae...the sufferings I went through...forever. But isn’t he my best friend before? How could it be? I got to admit that there is also a part of me that wants remember...the beautiful moments we had and to forgive him completely.

I am torn between: Love or Revenge?

Now, I am completely ed up and confused. Scratch that “Love or Revenge” thing

Am I already falling for him or am I falling for him over again?

That is the real question.

The truth is every time Donghae’s near me, I feel a very strong...special connection between us. That bond...that feeling is making me all giddy and that may be the reason why I’m always avoiding him.

Actually, I don’t really feel bad about him instead I grew to love...I grew to appreciate him more because of his sincerity. But something...maybe his past mistakes...is holding me back to be nice to him.

Ugh. Just forget everything I said. SCRATCH THEM ALL.

My mother was really surprised to see me standing on the doorway of their house since it was already 3 a.m. in the morning. She asked why I ran away. I said that tomorrow is my last day so it would be fine for him (Donghae). I LIED, oh well. I wanted to avoid him...I don’t want to fall hard...I don’t want to get hurt again.

Good thing my former room is still nice and clean. I hurriedly ran up stairs to change and have a good night sleep but I don’t think so. My thoughts are all occupied by Donghae.

I can’t stop thinking about him. AISH! Why am I thinking that way? SCRATCH. SCRATCH. SCRATCH.

I threw my bag on the bed and put out the things inside it; only to find a letter...a letter from Donghae. He must have slipped it inside the bag before I left. At first I didn’t want to read it or even take a look; but why wouldn’t I give it a try? And you know what happened next...I ended up reading the whole letter.

Dear Jessica,

I know this is so sudden but I’ll be leaving for army in three days. My reason may sound so childish but I really wanted to prove something to you. I still remember the promise we had before we graduated in high school. If one of us succeeds in life, the other one has to succeed also. You promised me that you’ll become a successful painter and you became one, even for a part-time only...well, I actually ruined your dreams of becoming a real one. Because of our marriage your dad forced you to switch your course from fine arts to business. I’m so sorry for not stopping your dad from forcing you to switch course. Aish, I’m seriously a pain-in-the-. Back to the main topic, I then promised you that I will join the army and get out as the toughest army man alive. It sounds funny (childish), eh? ... It’s crazy but it’s true. I wanted to fulfil my promise as you fulfilled yours and I don’t want to be unfair. Even if you don’t remember that memory, I hope you’ll fully understand.

You’ll be leaving tomorrow and I’m sad, really really sad. Tomorrow is your last day and I’m gonna be missing you so bad. And before we separate, I just want you to know how happy I am to be with you again. If you think that I am still a bad husband, I apologize for that (I’m not really good though); but at least, I know in myself that I tried my best. Hope to see you again after two years! Good luck and take care! I hope you’ll find someone in the future (or now) better than I am and he’ll love you better than I am.

If you’re worrying about the divorce papers then I signed it already.

Truly yours and will ever be,

Donghae

PS: I love you.

I don’t know why but it felt as if my heart is going to break into pieces. How dare he put a smiley on the letter if the letter itself has tear stains?! Yes, I noticed some stains...he must have cried while making this letter. He's seriously going to the army for me?! Oh my...I felt sorry for him and for myself... for not appreciating his kindness, his sincerity...his undying love for me. I thought about visiting Donghae to say sorry and to forgive him; but am I too shameless?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t know what to do. Lord, please help me...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Ugh, Jessica, just admit you're in love with Donghae. The heart could remember what the mind could forget! Dunno xD