N I N E : Realization

Star-crossed Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two empires, both similar in prestige

In the fair city of Seoul, where we lay our scene

An old grudge healed by new matrimony

Where two are hand in hand

Do with marriage bound by their parents

A pair of crazy, psychotic, stubborn killers

Born by rivalry

Fall in love

 

 

Kim Haera

-

 

Long ago, there’d been a time where the four great families of Seoul were once in harmony. These four families practiced control over the nation’s affairs. First, there were the Seo’s, a first class family who had control over the nation’s army. Second came the Exo Clan, a high-ranking family who specialized in illegal weapons buying and had dominance over half of the nation’s drug trade. Third, there was us, the Kim Empire. Our family pursued a little bit of everything; drugs, weapons, and government bribery, but maintained an iron grasp of the nation’s investments from over half the nation’s international affairs. Lastly, there were the Reds. Although they, too, were powerful, the Reds did not surpass the authority of the Kims, Exos, and Seos and lacked the capability and precision of a true mob family. Greedy for more power, the Reds sought out to turn the Seos against the Exos and the Kims, bringing war to our soil years ago, although I don’t really recall much, as I was just a child. But despite my lack of involvement in those series of events, they are what has molded my hatred and desire to obliterate any existence of the Reds.

I’d lost my mother, through those years of the war, by the hands of the Red Union and after that, it’d been plain in simple. I’d take my revenge and I wouldn’t let anything stop me. No, not even marriage to someone I was taught to hate from the minute I became literate.

I turn to the right side of my body, gripping the comforter tighter. The darkness of the room consumes me. The silence was thick and palpable for the last three hours I’d been lying in my new bed, staring at my new ceiling. I decided to comply with my nocturnal brain and just lay there awake for the remaining hours of the night since every sleep tactic I’ve tried has failed. I’ve no concrete idea why my body refuses to let me rest. Maybe it was the new bed, new home, and new environment? Or maybe simply sleeping in a room in a clan’s home who’ve I’ve been taught to hate the minute I was literate is simply keeping me awake. Although the vision of walking down the aisle and becoming the leader of not one, but two mobster empires did have quite a great contribution to my restlessness.

Realization hadn’t hit me yet, but I knew I’d eventually have to face it.

Some time, in the next string of hours, I’d ultimately have to accept the fact that I’ll  not only be Kim Haera, daughter of one of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter