T E N : Confessions

Star-crossed Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai

-

 

“Mother, go get dressed,” I urged her as I gently push her closer out my bedroom door. The woman seriously needed to calm the down.

“B-But what if you can’t tie your bow tie? Or what if you can’t choose which pair of undies to wear?” she unknowingly rants, eyebrows scrunched in worry. I groan, exasperated at the old lady.

“Mother, I know how to tie a bow tie, and if not, I’ll youtube that . Second, I don’t need your help to pick out underwear. Now, please busy yourself with anything other than me,” I groan once more and completely push her out the door and slam it shut, locking it before the crazy woman comes barging in once more.

I heave a relieved sigh and plop myself on the soft silk comforter of my king bed. The main event hadn’t even started and I was already stressed out of my ing mind. I stand, making my way into the colossal walk in closet. I face the sleek black tux hanging on the stand. It was the tux I’d wear to the most life changing moment of my life.

“Nervous?” I’m taken aback at the sound of my father’s voice.

“Jesus christ, you scared me,” I breathe. I turn to face my father’s piercing eyes. He wore a grey tux, highlighting his salt and pepper beard and the outline of his slim face.

“You look just like I did when I married your mother, terrified and young,” he says in his deep, rough voice. Why my father was making casual conversation with me, I’ve no clue. The man was a one of few words.

“Really? I thought I looked more like mother,” I mutter under my breath sarcastically. I was never close to my father. Growing up, I was closer to my more affectionate mother and despite the fact that I'd tried to gain my father's acknowledgement through my younger years, Suho had always been his prized possession. Why he chose me to be his heir, again, I’ve no clue. My father was a goddamn mystery.

“You know my marriage with your mother was an arranged marriage?”

I hadn’t known. No wonder my mother puts up with his .
“No, I didn’t know,” I reply quietly.

Again, my father was a man of few words, he's a heartless bastard when it came to our empire and an unaffectionate person, but despite all that, my mother loved him. I could see it in her eyes when she looked at the old man.

“You’ll learn to love her, son. Just as your mother did with me.”

I paused at his words. Was my father trying to encourage me?

“Haera may be hard and cruel right now, but you’ll learn to love that about her. Your mother was the same and look how we turned out.”

I gave him no answer to his absurd advice. Was he ing crazy? The girl literally has nearly killed me twice and he thinks I'll eventually love the ? Sensing my silence and desire to ignore him, my father turns to open the door to leave, but stops and turns his head to look at me.

“She’s special, son. Don’t let hatred consume what could potentially be the most powerful force the ing Reds have seen.”

Although I didn’t exactly agree on the love part, damn the old man for having a good point.

To properly rule as the Bosses of the Kim and Exo Empires, Haera and I had to be on the same page.

And my father was right, there’s only one way to completely obliterate the Reds: I had to get along with my ing wife.

Kim Haera

-


 

Kim Jong-in is childish, arrogant, and impatient. The thought of referring to him as my husband did not appeal to me, not one bit. Yet, my brain was entertained at the fact. I guess dreams don’t come true, so the fairytales that made me believe in that .

As a child raised by my father's hatred and ruthlessness, I did not have time or desire to see children in my fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter