E I G H T : Urgency

Star-crossed Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two empires, both similar in prestige

In the fair city of Seoul, where we lay our scene

An old grudge healed by new matrimony

Where two are hand in hand

Do with marriage bound by their parents

A pair of crazy, psychotic, stubborn killers

Born by rivalry

Fall in love

 

 

Kai

-

 

It’s safe to say that having the notion of a normal wife and a happy existence has gone out the ing window. You see, a normal wife would listen to her husband. A normal wife would stay out of the way in dangerous matters. A normal ing wife doesn’t charge in a rain of bullets in the middle of a ing shoot out, but no. I’d realized that one, I don’t and will never have a normal wife, or in this case, wife-to-be, and two, the level of psycho Kim Haera was in was just simply phenomenal. The woman was a firecracker, literally. I hadn’t seen a woman so ing eager to die until her.

Watching her scramble of out the car, the driver trailed behind us as I follow her with no choice. If I let the die, I would never hear the end of it from my damn father. We crawl out of the limo’s side door, guns in hand. We lean, squatted next to the vehicle as the rain of bullets continuously penetrate the opposite side of the limo.

“Young Master, Madam, I will check the other side and see how many we’re dealing with. Please stay here,” he says sternly, wearing a bleak expression. Yeah, you should tell princess that and witness how her hard head won't comply.

He maneuvers his body away from us to duck around the end of the limo, leaving me with the princess.

“Nice ing job, Einstein. Didn’t daddy teach his little princess to avoid getting shot or are are you just plain stupid?” I breathe, my heart racing, mostly in annoyance at the fact that I have to be her bodyguard.

She turns behind to face me, a glare of extreme vexation. I inwardly praise myself. Even in this kind of situation, I still had the ability to get on her nerves, and personally, I pride myself in that .

“I’m sorry I’m not a ing like you,” she spits nastily at me and I have the urge to point my gun at the back of her head and shoot her, but then again I think of my father’s rage.

I’m shook out of my violent thoughts at the sound of silence. The rain of bullets come to a complete halt and I stiffen. I watch as Haera also stiffens, her tight grip on her gun causing the outline of her finger bones to show. I put my palm on her shoulder and look at her in dead seriousness, knowing what crazy she may be planning in that head of hers.

“Stay here. I mean it, Haera.”

Without paying any mind to her furious expression, I stand slowly and make my way around the vehicle. As soon as I step in view I scan the surroundings. Our driver laid face down on the concrete near the back of the limo, possibly already dead. I spot movement on the corner of my eye as a bulky man dressed in black steps out of a shiny black Escalade, holding a bulky AK-47. A few seconds of utter silence passed before the stocky man violently starts shooting in my direction. I, too, start shooting at the stranger while trying to scuffle back down behind the limo. I groan in pain as a bullet hits my right shoulder and causing me to stumble backwards.
“Kai! You damn idiot!” I hear Haera shout. It was chaos in the next few seconds. Screeches of tires could be made out and voice could be made out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter