What

The Final Match

                It had already been a few days since that super embarrassing incident. I was now at school, eating lunch with Mark and Jackson again, like usual. Of course, I had not told them a word about the incident, because they didn’t even know anything about the situation. Even if I did, they would probably just laugh at me and make fun of my stupidity.

                As I stuffed more of my sandwich into my mouth, I suddenly felt a bit queasy. I brushed it off, thinking that it must just be because I was eating too fast. I gulped down some water and continued laughing along to whatever random thing Jackson was spouting. When my entire sandwich was in my stomach, I hopped off stool I was perching on to throw away the garbage.

                Suddenly, a nauseous feeling overcame me and I fell sideways, leaning onto the wall to support myself. Both Jackson and Mark were immediately by my side, peering into my face and anxiously asking if I was ok. I took a few deep breaths and, steadying myself, put on a smile to reassure them.

“Are you sure? I’ve been noticing that you looked kinda pale the whole day. Maybe you should rest a bit in the infirmary…” Mark said, still looking worried. I told them I was fine, and picked up the garbage I dropped, making my way over to the garbage bin.

                When I had threw everything away and swept the crumbs off my hand, I started returning to where Mark and Jackson were. It seemed like their faces looked a bit distorted, so I tried blinking rapidly to get rid of it. I was irritated when it didn’t go away, but then black spots started appearing in my vision. My eyelids felt heavy, and the amount of black spots was rapidly increasing. I failed to notice that I was stumbling, and before I knew it, I was sprawled on the ground with no energy to get up. *What’s wrong with you, legs? Hurry up and move!* I heard Jackson and Mark’s panicked voices and tried to respond, but couldn’t. The last things I saw before the black spots took over were their faces and a bunch of other unfamiliar faces surrounding me. There was the slight feeling of someone slapping my face, which was kind of annoying. *You shouldn’t slap a girl’s face, sheesh. And it’s so annoying… just let me …sleep in peace…*

                                                                                                                                                                                                          

 

                When I came to, all my surroundings were white, and bright fluorescent lights shone down on my face. I groggily looked around and realized that I was lying in a bed in the infirmary. Then I saw the clock on the wall. *Crap! Did I miss class?!?* I scrambled to get up, but someone’s hand smacked my forehead and pushed my head back down onto the pillow. Jackson’s face came into view, and shortly after, so did Mark’s.

“Was that you who smacked my forehead??” I demanded at Jackson, who was smiling mischievously. I smacked him back, on the arm, but his face turned serious.

“Are you ok? That was so scary, when you suddenly passed out on the floor. You almost fell into the garbage can AHAHAHAHAHA just kidding!” That earned him another smack, but I smiled because I knew they were actually worried.

“The nurse said that you need more rest. Have you not been sleeping well?” Mark asked.

“Weeeeeeell… yeah, I guess so. I’ve been a bit stressed out over school, that’s all. Thanks for worrying about me, guys,” I said (lied). There was no way I was going to tell them that I was so embarrassed about the Jae Hyun incident that I barely got any sleep. I mean, is anyone even that stupid?

                After the nurse came to check up on me and told me to rest some more, Jackson and Mark left to go back to their classes. I sighed and plopped back down onto the mattress, mentally scolding myself for being this foolish. In the midst of my mental beating, I heard footsteps coming toward me. I glanced towards the door and saw Mark walking in.

“What’s wrong, Mark? Why aren’t you going back to classes?”

“Umm…I had something I wanted to say…”

“If you’re worried about me, I’m totally fine, ok? Hurry and go back to class so that you can take notes and give them to me after hehe.”

“That’s not it. Well, I’m worried, but that’s not what I was going to say.”

“What is it then?”

“Umm……uhhhhhhh….well…Min!”

“Yes??”

"Ummmmmmm"

"Just say it already!!"

"Min!"

"What?!?"

“I like you!”

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Aye another update! Has anyone actually passed out at school before? It actually almost happened to me, except I was on the bus (ノಠ ∩ಠ)ノ not fun. Anyways. OooOoooooOooh Min, whatcha gonna do???