Chat

The Final Match

                “Oh my-!” I yelled, eyes widening and jumping sideways out of shock. He obviously got there when I had my eyes closed, but it almost seemed like he materialized next to me since I didn’t hear anyone approaching.

“What, it’s not like I just materialized next to you,” Jae Hyun said, as if reading my mind. He moved closer to me to once again cover me with the umbrella. “Don’t you check the weather report? It obviously said it was going to rain today.”

“Well sorry for forgetting,” I retorted, stepping back out of the shelter of the umbrella. But then he moved close again, looking irritated.

“You’re going to catch a cold,” Jae Hyun said, with more irritation.

“But-“ I started.

“Just shut up and stand under here, ok?” He said finally with exasperation.

“…Fine.” I shuffled just a bit closer to him, hoping he wouldn’t notice that my shoulder was still under the rain. When he didn’t do anything, I assumed he didn’t notice, and released the breath I didn’t even notice I was holding.

                Suddenly, I was jerked in towards the center of the umbrella, my left arm bumping slightly into Jae Hyun’s right. Blushing, I looked up at his face to seek an explanation, but he was facing away from me. I saw a hint of pink on his cheeks, and almost giggled.

“Did you think I wouldn’t notice your shoulder sticking out?” He said quietly. This time, I giggled out loud a bit, because his shyness was actually kind of cute.

“Well, I was hoping you wouldn’t…”

“Can’t you just accept my…kindness… while I still have the patience to put up with you?” He muttered hesitantly.

“Hey, don’t you think you sound a bit stuck up? Oh, I’m sooo kind and patient!” I joked, using a silly voice to imitate him. He turned back towards me with a smirk on his face.

“Oh, look who’s talking, Miss I’m-so-good-at-imitating-you,” said Jae Hyun, with an equally silly voice. I couldn’t help but burst out laughing, and he was soon joining me too. Then I realized something.

“Wait. Since when were we close enough to share umbrellas and joke around like this?”

“Um, I don’t know. Since today?”

“Haha what the heck. We didn’t even talk to each other before.”

“Well, now we do.” We joked around a bit more as if we had been best friends since forever, but it felt so weird. I still felt like I was forgetting something. Then it dawned on me. *Wait a second, wasn’t I just worrying about him yesterday…? Oh yeah! I need to ask him about his relationship with that girl! Also, why hasn’t the bus gotten here by now??* Then, as if my thought cued it, the bus came right at that moment.