Unexpected

The Final Match

               Today was Saturday, and I was lazing around at home, watching anime. Just as I was about to click the next episode, I heard my mom calling me from downstairs. I got up to go see what she needed, but the moment I got off my bed and started walking towards the door, I tripped over the textbook that I had left lying on the ground.  Almost stumbling headfirst into the doorframe, I caught myself just in time, making a lot of noise in the process. I heard my mom shout something up the stairs, probably complaining about the clamor I just made. *oops*

                I jogged down the stairs and asked her what she needed.

“Can you go to the supermarket for some groceries? I need stuff for lunch and dinner today but we ran out. Here’s the list,” My mom said, ing the shopping list into my hands before I could even reply. I responded with a quick “ok” and climbed the stairs back to my room to change. After throwing on a pair of jeans and a hoodie, I pocketed the list and my wallet, slipped on my sneakers, and headed out towards the nearest bus station.

                The supermarket was crowded, as it was Saturday morning, and it took way more time than anticipated to navigate the large store and gather all the things my mom wanted. In fact, most of my time was spent waiting. Waiting for people to move out of the way of the shelves and waiting in line to check out. Even though all the checkout lanes were open at this time, the lines still moved at snail pace.

When I had finally paid and stepped out of the stuffy place, a drop of water went splat on my forehead. A sense of dread overtook me, as I realized not only did I not have an umbrella, but I was wearing nothing but my hoodie, which was the exact opposite of water repellent. Panicking, I pulled my hood over my head and ran as quickly as I could without dropping the veggies and meat and whatnot, toward the bus station. *I’m so screwwwwwwed* There was no bus that went directly back to my street, and I had to take the bus from here to the terminal, and then transfer buses there.

By the time I reached the little overhead weather protector thing of the bus stop, I was already half soaked. As if my luck wasn’t already bad enough, many peopled had already crowded under the little overhead weather protector thing for shelter, and there was barely any space for me to squeeze in. Fortunately, the bus came soon after and I was able to escape the rain before any more water could be absorbed into my clothing.

The moment I stepped off the bus, I ran towards the glass shelter at the terminal, hoping to be able to wiggle my way into the mob of people. That plan didn’t work at all, though, because the mob was a tightly packed one, adding on to the fact that people didn’t want my soaked hoodie to soak their clothes. And so, I was practically ejected out of the mob, and I could do nothing but continue getting mercilessly hit by the rain.

After standing there for a while, the constant pitter patter of the drops on my head actually started to feel comfortable, like a light massage. My eyelids slowly lowered while my face turned up towards the grey sky to feel the rain. Just as I was really starting to relax, the feeling of rain disappeared from my face. I almost didn’t believe the rain could stop so suddenly, but then I realized what a stupid thought that was and opened my eyes to see an umbrella over me. Then, I lowered my gaze and found Jae Hyun standing right next to me.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Yay! JaeHyun's back! Oh my, sharing umbrella's already? That sure progressed fast. Just kidding. Or am I...? Jk, I think. Hehehe be sure to stick around for more JaeHyun coming soon!