Flashback

The Final Match

                It was during my first year of high school. I used to be incredibly close friends with Hana ever since we met in grade 8. We were so similar to one another, with the same interests and everything. It was like we were long-lost sisters because we were able to strike up a conversation right away. Always together, it seemed impossible that we could ever be separated. But what’s on the outside is rarely the same as what’s on the inside, and that was definitely the case for my friendship with Hana.

                Jinyoung was a childhood friend I had since grade 3, and we were pretty close even at such a young age. He was the son of my parent’s close friends, and that’s how we first met each other before he came to my school. We were both soccer players and commonly played together whenever we could. As we grew up and continued to go to school and play soccer together, we maintained our relationship as childhood friends who could always count on one another, nothing more, and nothing less.

                When we entered middle school, Jinyoung started dating a girl who he had liked for a year already. It didn’t have anything to do with me, and I didn’t really care either, as long as we were still friends. When he broke up with her after a year, I was the one he came to for comfort, and I was glad that I was still someone he could rely on. We spent the rest of the school year together like normal, and it remained like that until the start of grade 8. That was when I met Hana. We became friends along with a group of some other girls, and I quickly stopped hanging out with Jinyoung every day because I would always be with the group, and he also started hanging out more with his other friends. It came to a point where we would barely even be talking to each other more than once or twice a week. We would still talk whenever our parents met up and brought us along, but at school, our only interaction was saying “hi” whenever we passed each other in the hallways.

                It wasn’t until halfway through grade 9, when we finally found the time to play soccer together again that we really had fun together.  The last time this happened was over a year ago, comparing with when we would do this almost every day before. It made me realize just how much I missed Jinyoung’s company, and I knew that was how he felt too. Of course, our relationship was still only that of childhood friends, and I was sure it would never change. From that day on, we started hanging out with each other more often again, and it seemed Hana was unhappy because I was “always ditching her”, even though I still spent quite a lot of time with her, and she could have just as much fun with our other friends. I never thought that she would have an ulterior motive for trying to get me to spend less time with Jinyoung.

                She had only met him when I introduced him to her in grade 9, but after this one time when Hana asked to tag along for soccer with us, it seemed like they were always busy on the same days. It never occurred to me that they would have started going out together, because I always shrugged it off and just went home by myself. But as this was happening more and more often, I consulted Jinyoung’s closest friends, who were Jackson and Mark, about it. They said that he rarely hung out even with them anymore, so we started looking for hints on why, and that’s what led me to become closer with the two as we stalked our two friends.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Oooh and here comes the first half of Min's dark and scary past (O v O) Jk its not that dark or scary at all, but it gets more intense in the next chapter hehe (♦ŐωŐ♦) aaaand I'm out. for now \( ̄O ̄)