Change

The Final Match

                It was obvious once we started secretly following the two around that they were dating. It’s not like they especially hid it, but they didn’t tell anyone either. I was hurt because they hadn’t even told me, who was their best friend, and same with Jackson and Mark. I decided to confront Hana about it and ask why she didn’t tell me. When I did, she tried to make up excuses, and I could tell, because they all sounded fake. It was suspicious because there had never been any secrets between us, but she never told me about this and even tried to make up excuses for it. When I asked Jinyoung why he didn’t tell me, he said that Hana told him not to. I forgave him because I knew it wasn’t his fault, but I needed to know why Hana would do this. I decided to ask her a bit later so it wouldn’t seem like I was too persistent.

                One day, when I had invited Jinyoung to play soccer with me after school, Hana came and stopped us just as we were about to leave.

“Jinyoung, can’t you hang out with me today? I’m hungry, so let’s go eat!” She urged while pouting.

“But I promised Min I would go play soccer with her today,” Jinyoung replied, looking unsure.

“Why is it always Min, huh? I’M YOUR GIRLFRIEND!” Hana said, starting to sound irritated.

“But Min is my childhood friend, and I promise I’ll eat with you tomorrow,” Jinyoung said. Then, Hana snapped, and turned to me.

“YOU! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO GET IN THE WAY OF ME AND JINYOUNG? YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT WE’RE DATING, SO BACK OFF! I DON’T CARE IF YOU’RE HIS CHILDHOOD FRIEND OR WHATEVER, BECAUSE YOU’RE TOO CLOSE TO HIM ALL THE TIME. ARE YOU TRYING TO SEDUCE HIM BACK NOW THAT I HAVE TAKEN HIM FROM YOUR SIDE?” She scoffed.

It was my turn to scoff, because she was just being ridiculous.

“Uh, haven’t I told you many times that we are merely childhood friends? And I thought I told you that I liked Jae Hyun. I don’t have feelings for Jinyoung and he doesn’t have feelings for me, and it will stay that way. Just because you’re his girlfriend doesn’t mean that you can monopolize him like you do. Are you so jealous that you would sink this low? That’s not the Hana I knew and was best friends with.”

I think it was then that Hana really started hating me. Her eyes turned to stone and her glare was frightening, because she had always been a person who smiled all the time, no matter what. The change from her former self was shocking, and I almost couldn’t believe it was possible for a person to change so much so instantaneously.

From then on, she started spreading rumors about me and how I tried to “steal” Jinyoung from her. Personally, I had thought it was hypocritical, because she had stolen my childhood friend from me first. She somehow made our group of friends turn against me too, and continued spreading the rumors until I was completely ostracized by the majority of the school. Luckily, I had Jackson and Mark by my side. They were the only ones I could depend on to trust me and knew the whole story. When I was feeling the most upset, they were there to console me and relieve me from the feelings of hate I got from so many, and I am truly thankful to them.

I don’t know why, but Jinyoung is still dating her to this day, and I haven’t spoken to either of them since that day two years ago. Jinyoung and I’s many years of friendship was broken, and I doubted it would be fixed anytime soon, if not never. I have mostly moved on, but whenever I see either of them in the hallways at school, I still get a bitter feeling in my heart.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

So yeah, there's the second half of Min's past. I know Jae Hyun hasn't made an appearance recently, but I promise he will be making a reappearance soon ;) Look forward to it! ≧ω≦  Again, please continue to support my story and comments are greatly appreciated!!