Revelation

The Final Match

                As the bus rolled bumpily along the street, I prepared myself to ask what I had been meaning to for a while. *How should I say it..?* I ended up opening and closing my mouth a couple of times, hesitating too much to actually say anything. I probably looked like a fish. Jae Hyun didn’t say anything either, just glancing at me occasionally while I did my fish imitation. Luckily, if he thought I was weird, he didn’t show it. The silence felt kind of suffocating after we were being so friendly just minutes ago.

                Finally I worked up the courage to say “um”, and he angled his head slightly to show he was listening. I took a deep breath and went for it.

“Hey, are you still going out that girl? The one from the volleyball team back in middle school?”

“..What? What girl from the volleyball team?”

“You know, that girl you were holding hands with on the last of school? Da something…I think..?”

“…The last day of school, huh? Are you talking about Dasom?”

“Yeah! Her! Are you still going out with her?”

“I was never even going out with her in the first place?”

“What are you talking about?”

“What are YOU talking about?”

“Butbutbut I clearly saw you holding hands with her!”

“Now that I recall it, I was. But that was because she was dragging me somewhere with her.”

“But you looked happy!”

“Are you sure? Well if I did, I have no idea why. And by the way, why are you getting so worked up over this anyway? Don’t tell me you like me or something HAHA just kidding.”

“OF COURSE NOT! What are you talking about??”

“Okayyyy I get it I said was just kidding.”

Then, I turned toward the window and banged my head on the window. I hit it harder than expected and it kind of hurt but no way was I going to make myself look any more stupid than I probably already looked. *Ahhhhhhhh I can’t believe I misunderstood that the whole time!!!*

“Um...are you ok? That sounded like it really hurt,” Jae Hyun asked.

“Hahahahahahha of course I’m ok! That didn’t hurt at all!” I answered as naturally as possible. He still looked skeptical probably because it was the exact opposite of natural, but let it go anyway, thankfully. The rest of the bus ride was in silence, and although awkward, I was glad he didn’t ask anymore, because I was too embarrassed to face him.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Ahh sorry for the late update and short chapter, I've been so busy with school the past week  ╥﹏╥  Anyway. Lol at Min's misunderstanding that lasted like two years, but looks like she has a chance now  (ゝω・)ノ