Chapter 6

After A Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Real family does not come from your blood.
It is the people standing beside you when no one else is.  

TIME FLEW BY, and everything was going well. Since dance was his passion, Taemin never really had hard time sparing some time for his dance practice. But opposite to him, Jihyo had to adjust her schedule to accompany her friend and to cheer him up. To tell the truth, she loves to see the way his body moves with the beats of the songs, the way he gets engrossed in his dance, not caring about world. So, she actually ddidn't mind it sparing some time for her friend.She still managed to squeeze some time for her football practice and studies.

But everything has it's ends, and for Jihyo that day was approaching with the flying time. The Black day of her life. The day her father started to hate her till the core. Jihyo had no plans of going home that night, but it’d have been disrespectful of her to be absent from home that day. Therefore after stalling some time here and there, Jihyo finally turned up at home when it was almost dark.

She saw shoes piled up outside of her door as she stepped on the porch of her home. After tightening her grasp on her backpack, she breathed long before stepping inside the house.Everyone went silent as soon as they recognized her. 

Guests stepped aside to let her in. They tried to maintain their distance with her, as if she was some sort of monster among them. She hated that feeling. Feeling of being treated as a sinner, where in fact it wasn’t even her fault in the first place.

Mrs. Lim saw her walking in with her head down. She quickly rushed to her daughter’s side before any elder of could say anything to her. Pulling the young girl in corner, she patted her head, “I’ve already prepared your clothes. Come down after wearing them.”

Jihyo looked up at her mother. Tears were pooled at the corner of her eyes, which her mother wiped with her thumb. “Now, now. Don’t cry, and come down after changing quickly.” Only her mother knew how miserable she was feeling with all those things, but she never showed it to anyone. 

Jihyo looked at the black mini dress placed on her bed, but instead of wearing that she took out black suit piece from her closet. When she walked down from the stairs, elders of her family gave disapproving looks for her choice of clothes. But she doesn’t want to create another reason for her father's hatred towards her.

Mr. Lim stood in the middle of the room, that got everyone’s attention as all of them turned quite to listen what the old man had to say.

“Thank you for being here today, to share our grief. I’m sure Jihoon would be glad seeing you all here.” Then he stopped. He gathered his words well before starting off once again, “The unplea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter