Chapter 3

After A Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The only way to have a friend is to be one.

 

“I MADE FOUR new friends, appa” Jihye held her four fingers out as she talked, sitting comfortably on her father’s lap. Mr. Lim was having his evening snacks as he listened to his younger one’s blabbering. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Jihyo observing their interaction, but he completely ignored her presence as well as the guilt forming in the pit of his stomach.

 

Jihyo also wanted to share her first day in the school with her mom and dad. How she made new friends, how she defended Taemin and became his friend. But none of her parents were interested in hearing out her part of story; they only had interest in Jihye.

 

Sighing in defeat, Jihyo marched up in her room. She took out her doll from cupboard and sat on the bed, placing her doll over her small lap. “Mimi, today I’d so much fun. There was one boy in my class. He was alone…just like me. So I asked him to be my friend. I did right, right?”

 

She wanted to hear praises too, but she knew her doll couldn’t talk. She slowly tucked Mimi under the covers,”Unnie will now read new stories for you, so wait.” Jihyo jumped down from her bed and ran to get book from her bag. After getting back with book, she sat on her study chair and started to read.

 

“Once upon a time, long, long ago a king and queen ruled over a distant land.  The queen was kind and lovely and all the people of the realm adored her….”

 

Knock, knock. She stopped reading when she heard someone tapping on her door. From the little sound, she could guess who that person would be. Jihye pocked her head from gap, smiling sweetly at her sister, “I want to listen to it too. Can I come in?”

 

Hate. It was a big word, Jihyo was aware of that. She couldn’t disguise what kind of feeling she had towards her sister. So until then Jihyo had decided to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter