Chapter 8

After A Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
It feels like I’m yours, it seems like I’m yours but not.
What are we? I’m confused, don’t be aloof
It feels like we’re lovers, it seems like we’re lovers but not.
Whenever you see me, you act so vague to me.
These days, I hate hearing that I’m just like a friend  

"WHAT ARE YOU doing here instead of school? And who is that boy with you?”

Taemin wanted to ask her that, but he couldn’t bring himself to utter a single word in front of her. Her intimated look jumbled up his mind as he just stared at her blankly.

Jihyo looked at the boy before her, then the men in the black suit standing behind the boy protectively. Her hand automatically rose as she casually slapped him on shoulder, maybe wrong move. In a split second, she was cornered in a room and Taemin was pulled back by those men as they stood before him protectively.

“Agassi, you can’t behave like this around young master,” their head said as he gazed at Jihyo’s appearance from heat to toe.

“Mr. Han, it’s okay. She’s my...friend,” for the first time Taemin hesitated calling her his friend. What changed? He doesn’t know, but something did change for sure.

“My apology, Young master. I’m sorry, Agassi.” Mr. Han bowed to her, making Jihyo turn awkward with his polite gesture. Out of reflex, Jihyo also bowed to him multiple times.

Taemin stifled his chuckle looking at the scene in front of him. It was a rare sight to see Jihyo turning flustered over something. He approached the girl, grabbing her by shoulder he turned to his men, “Please wait for me outside.”

They complied with his request as they quickly left the youngsters alone. Once left alone, Jihyo sighed in relief and shifted her glare at Taemin.

“What? Young master?” she scoffed crossing her arms. “Tell me honestly Lee Taemin, who are you, huh?”

Her interrogation made him shut his mouth, as he looked around in search of some excuse, “That...Umm...I...”

“And I want only truth from you, so don’t you dare lying me,” she showed her index finger at his face. “Wait, wait,” her brows furrowed in confusion, “You aren’t involve in some kind of mafia thing, are you?” she asked, carefully taking one step back.

This time Taemin couldn’t hold it in anymore, he snickered putting hand over his mouth. Shaking his head, he quickly grabbed her hand. “Well,” he stopped for a while thinking how he should unveil his secret to her. “I own this...place?” he spread his hands as he said unsurely.

Jihyo looked at him in bewilderment, and then burst out laughing. She held stomach as it was hurting from laughing so much, she wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes before speaking, “Are you...are you kidding me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter