Chapter 9

After A Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others and the delight in the recognition.  

THAT DAY, AFTER finishing his classes, Taemin made hasty steps towards the practice room. It was the day before his so-called competition with Kai. He was fully prepared for the challenge, yet wanted Jihyo look at his preparation for one last time, before he made joke out of himself in front of student body.

He pushed the room’s door, panting. “Jihyo- ah, sorry I’m la–“he stopped when he saw no one in the room except his shadow in the mirror. “Huh? She’s not here?” he wondered aloud. Dragging himself in, he changed into baggy pants and hoodie.

Playing the music on I-pod, he started to practice. He improvised some moves which he thought would look good. He glanced at the clock, it’d been half hour since he came in, yet Jihyo was nowhere to be.

He thought of calling Saemi to ask about Jihyo, but he didn’t want to be seemed as a desperate guy looking for Jihyo. Then he remembered, he didn’t even have the said girl’s number.

He sighed, leaning his back against mirror; he decided to take small break. He closed his eyes as he shifted in more comfortable position. He didn’t how, but Jihyo’s smiling face appeared before him, and unknowingly it put smile on his face. Surprisingly, he started to recall about his first meeting with Jihyo, how she perused him to befriend her, how she was trailing behind him for the whole month, taking care for him, protecting him from bullies. And now here they are. It felt like decades since he knew her.

Then suddenly an unexpected face appeared in his mind along with Jihyo, which put halt on his pleasant thoughts. “No, he can’t be her boyfriend,” he frowned at that thought. Abruptly sitting straight, his eyes went wide, “What if she’s out on a date with him? No. It can’t be.”

Getting on his feet, he grabbed his bag and cloths and took off to the place where he thought he could find traces of Jihyo. Soccer ground. That’s the only place Jihyo prefer to be at except from classroom or with him.

 

In that span of time, so many weird thoughts ran through his mind which made him quickened his pace. He almost collided on door, but got hold on himself as he pulled the door open.

And there she was. With bunch of boys? Why does she always have associate with boys? That doesn’t seem to bother him before, but now he couldn’t even stand the sight of her laughing with other boys.

Throwing his bag on the empty bench, he made his way towards the middle of the ground. He didn’t care if he got hurt. His eyes were fixed on his target, and he was satisfied to find that he was succeeded on gett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter