NY Two

NY Love

Jungkook did not know why but this V guy really annoyed him to no end. He could not wait until they arrived at New York. This stranger would be gone by then and he could enjoy his vacation without worries.  Both Jungkook and Taehyung glared at each other, making Jin sighed annoyed at the tense feeling clouding the atmosphere inside the car.

“What?” Taehyung raised an eyebrow.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at the guy before turning his gazed away.

Taehyung shrugged before smirking.

 

Jin stopped at the gas station when he saw the gas tank almost empty. The trio got off from the car. Jin went to fill up the gas tank while Taehyung gone inside the station, buying something. Jungkook watched Jin while listening to his own song inside his IPod.

His IPod was like his life line. Every single song he created was inside. He was an idol back in South Korea but he took a long break—although his fans opposed—because he wanted to continue his study. He knew he was lacking a lot of things and he wanted to fill up those flaws by studying. He was planning to go back to his hometown after he finishes studying and maybe, publish his second album after that.

“How long is it till we arrive at New York?” Taehyung came back while holding a beer. He leant against the car and took a sip.

Jungkook turned around, facing the guy before frowning when he saw what the guy was drinking. “What are you drinking?”

“Can’t you see? It’s a beer. Want some?”

Jungkook gaped a bit. One of the things he did not like was getting drunk, that means, he despised alcohol. He never had one and did not plan to drink one either once he had reach 20—the age where they were allowed to drink alcohol in Korea! He knew nothing good happen to him around alcohol, especially when he had a dark history with those kinds of beverages.

“No beer in my car, okay! No way in hell!”

Taehyung merely raised an eyebrow when the boy simply got exasperated over a bottle of beer. “What’s wrong with it?”

Jungkook glared at the guy. “If you want to report the police about the accident, be my guest but no beer in my car!” Jungkook spat before getting inside the car and bang closed the car’s door, making the two elders startled.

“It’s not like I’m the one driving the car.” He could not see what he did wrong. It was only a beer.

Jin snatched the beer from Taehyung. “Hey!” Taehyung glowered at the taller guy.

“Better listen to him if you don’t want to end up in a middle of nowhere.” Jin warned as he threw the bottle inside the garbage can nearby.

“I used my last cash buying that!” Taehyung wailed. Jin patted the man’s shoulder while smirking before walking to the driver’s seat.

Taehyung grunted loudly and kicked the tyre but end up whimpering in pain. “...”

 

Maybe he should have listened to Jin hyung in the first place. They should have left this alien when they have the chanced.

“When the last time you ate something?” Jin watched Taehyung ate the sandwiches like his life depend on it, and for a minute, Jin almost thought he really was.

Jungkook gulped in disgusted. Taehyung kept pestering them to stop at the cafe because he was damn hungry. And since he did not have any money left on him, they needed to pay for his part, much to Jungkook dislike.

“God, you’re disgusting.” Jin almost gagged at the sight. He took a sip of his coffee, looking away from watching the man eating.

“This is not disgusting, darling. This is how men eat.” Taehyung explained with his mouth full.

“We’re a man and we eat nothing like you.” Jin muttered under his breath. If Taehyung had heard him, he ignored it.

Taehyung grabbed a tissue and wiped his mouth. “It tastes wonderful.”

Jungkook resisted an urge to roll his eyes. “It’s because it is free.”

Taehyung smirked. “Bull eyes.”

Jungkook sighed. “Why are you going to New York anyway?”

Taehyung leant back against the chair, crossing his arms across his chest before shrugging. “I’m staying there with my friend.”

Jin cocked an eyebrow. “And what are you doing all the way in Boston?”

“Sightseeing...” Taehyung did not look like he was going to explain any further so they dropped the topic. Taehyung took a sip of his drink. It was not like he did not want to tell both of them why he was in Boston but the excuse was kind of pathetic if anyone were to listen to it.

“How about you guys? Why are you staying in Boston?” Taehyung asked, trying to keep up the conversation.

Jungkook and Jin looked at each other before turning their gaze at Taehyung.

“Well, both of us are studying in a same university. I’m taking Art and Music course while Jin hyung is taking Medic course. I’m in my second year while Jin hyung is in his last year.” Jungkook explained. Taehyung nodded as he listened. This guy, Jungkook was nice to talk to if you did not get on his bad side, Taehyung concluded. And he was kind of cute and Taehyung might date him if he was not completely straight, well that what he wanted to believe.

“He’s taking medic you said?” Taehyung narrowed his eyes.

Jin raised an eyebrow at the look Taehyung was giving him. “I am. So what’s wrong with that?”

Taehyung smiled warily, wrapping his arms around his torso, shuddering slightly when he remembered that this guy had practically harassed him when he was unconscious.

Jungkook giggled lightly, covering his smile with the back of his hand.

The sound went straight to Taehyung’s mind, making him unconsciously chuckling back at the younger.

 

Jungkook bobbed his head while listening to the song inside his IPod using his earphones. He was reviewing back the new piece he was making. It was not fully done yet. There were still a lot of things he needed to add. He was planning to continue the song once they have reached the apartment in New York that he had rented earlier.

Jungkook flinched when he felt an icy metal pressed against his cheek. He blinked and turned to the side, seeing Taehyung chuckling at his reaction.

“Cola?” Taehyung held out the can in front of him.

Jungkook huffed softly and grabbed the soft drink from the elder. He leant against the car, wondering where Jin had gone to.

Taehyung, knowing what the younger was looking for, point his finger at one of the shop nearby.  “Your friend is in there. He said he wanted to buy something.”

Jungkook lips form an ‘o’ as he nodded his head.

Taehyung watched as Jungkook continue listening to something in his IPod, ignoring him, which he found kind of annoying.

“What are you listening to?” Taehyung asked when he finally found the silent was deafening!

“Song...” Jungkook answered briefly.

Taehyung lips twitched slightly. “Of course...” Taehyung cursed himself for asking something so obvious.

Jungkook ignored him once again. Taehyung sulked slightly at being ignored. He stood beside the slightly shorter boy, leaning against the car with arms crossed. He saw Jin walking back toward them while holding a plastic bag. Taehyung poked Jungkook’s side to grab his attention, making the younger yelp and glared at him. Taehyung grinned and pointed toward Jin’s direction. Jungkook took off his earphones—damn finally—while looking at Jin.

“Let’s go!” Jin announced, walking to the driver’s side.

Jungkook stood up straight and was going to turn around and get inside the car when suddenly he saw a spider on top of the car. Jungkook shrieked in shocked before clinging to something beside him.

“Get rid of it! Get rid of it, please!” Jungkook cried.

Taehyung was startled when he got his hand full with Jungkook who was holding his dear life clinging onto him. Jungkook buried his face in the elder’s chest, the front of his shirt, scare out of his mind. Taehyung would found the whole thing funny if not because of how Jungkook look like he was on a verge of crying.

Jin, hearing the whole commotion quickly got rid of the spider—a big one at that. He knew Jungkook really hate spider. For what reason, it was still unknown to him. When he asked the younger, he would start to get pale and Jin would end up dropping the topic.

“Kookie-ah, it’s gone now. It’s okay!” Jin reassured.

Taehyung, who was still confused with what was happening, kept patting the younger’s back, trying to ease some of the tension he felt going on inside Jungkook. “Shh~ it’s gone now.” He did not know why he acted that way. Usually, he would make fun of something like this but right now, he did not feel like it. It felt wrong somehow.

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes which was wet with unshed tears. He blinked confusedly when the first thing he saw was a black jacket which looked kind of familiar. He felt someone patting his back, telling him the spider was gone. Jungkook loosen his grip around that person and slowly looked up, blushing madly when those dark brown eyes stare back at him, looking amused.

Jungkook jumped back, eyes widened. Taehyung almost felt slightly, slightly disappointed at the sudden lost of warm.

“I-I...y-you...” Jungkook stuttered out. When he thought he could not form any coherent words, he quickly got inside the car, face reddened.

Taehyung smirked while rubbing the back of his neck. “Too cute for words this kid...” He thought.